What happens when Closed Beta starts tomorrow?

"
Derdave wrote

If EB now protects mana in a way it did with life before, then it is insanely strong combined with GR. Think of a low-life char. He reserves almost all of his life and uses energy shield instead of life.
Now adapt this concept to mana with the new EB. You can reserve all of your mana and still use energy shield to cast your spells. In addition you can still use MoM because your energy shield is still there even without "real" mana.

This is pretty much the same functionality it had before. With Old EB you reserved MOST of your mana and the regen that EB added was more than enough to keep you from going out of mana. In your example New EB will allow you to reserve all of your mana (*which equates to one additional aura) at the expense of mana regen. will this one aura make up for the loss to mana regen? The simple answer is No. The complicated answers is It depends on how the extra mana from the New EB is used and recharged. If I can reserve all my mana and still have 5000 EB mana to cast with I should be able to clear large groups/ bosses easily while only charging between fights even with 6-link'd skills. The interaction with AA seems to be the only downside but as to how that works only time will tell. AA is often cited as being too OP because of the flat damage reduction. However, that reduction is necessary for Builds that use EB since the gear with the largest ES amounts dont have armor or evasion.
Last edited by KateM on Apr 20, 2015, 1:00:08 PM
well its nice to smell some pubes been burned on my post :)

@elwindakos

lets talk about GGG and POE

i think the game should be attractive enough indulging enough and fun enough to play ... after all a game is a game .... and we play games for fun .... to kill time....not to kill our selves....POE is the best game will remain best for ages to come period..... GGG however is another story .... they i think are trying to kill there USER BASE...they are converting POE into limbo ...they think the POE players are zombies...... they think user will keep grinding with out benifit...

for example ( SHould be taken as a CASE STUDY)

there droped 6 exalts 5 divines 1 eterenal 1 gavel 3 alpha's howl 2 rats nest 1 tabula and lots of crap for me in 3 years... and i play 8 hours a day

and after 3 years when a user collect enough currency to make a build of his choice ... they will change whole game over night...they will even nurf UNIQUES .i mean why the hell they even called uniques if there values /mods could be changed like rare items... they should be called GGG CANDIES ....i mean if i was the user who created soultaker and payed them for its creation..i would simply sue them for fokin with my soultaker ...and they do these changes with "no strings attached"..BULL SHIT

builds dead over night means 3 years go down the drain over night

Only cause one user have managed to break the game....so all should be punished...ITS WRONG (i concur)

i mean if they want every one to start fresh they could simply delete all users as they have done in past in closed beta and then on the launch of open beta.and should stop all leagues...a nice way to keep grinding....

the game is losing its charisma .... STOP GRINDING....ITS A GAME NOT A 25 YEARS PRISON
Last edited by hassnainvj on Apr 20, 2015, 1:15:58 PM
Interesting stuff and some massive changes! Now i really want to start testing (-.-')
11.02.2013 - 11.02.2017: four year PoE anniversary!
Does that mean that we cant play anymore if we dont get beta key ? :( i just got into a game n i like it a lot, n i want to play it more -.- :(
"
Z3USx wrote:
Does that mean that we cant play anymore if we dont get beta key ? :( i just got into a game n i like it a lot, n i want to play it more -.- :(

No, you can keep playing the regular leagues.
Bleh, RIP offhand Al Dhih builds.
IGN: NNQQ, Sporkay, Rands_
"
Z3USx wrote:

No worries you'll still be able to play the keys are for act 4 testing it will be a different server.
"
Attack skills. They now have a multiplicative damage bonus (rather than increased physical damage) as they level up.

Multiplicative you say?
Spoiler

it's time to fist :^)

Also, any plans to buff the Melee Splash gem?
IGN: Standard League - Dark_Captain
Last edited by lDantonl on Apr 20, 2015, 1:16:02 PM
"
DerDave wrote:
"

Come on, think out of the box. This change is huge!

If EB now protects mana in a way it did with life before, then it is insanely strong combined with GR. Think of a low-life char. He reserves almost all of his life and uses energy shield instead of life.
Now adapt this concept to mana with the new EB. You can reserve all of your mana and still use energy shield to cast your spells. In addition you can still use MoM because your energy shield is still there even without "real" mana.

Thing is.

If you have 3000 mana and 1% mana regen per second, you gain 30 mana per second.
If you have 1000 mana and 2000 ES covering it, whilst having 1% mana regen per second, you gain 10 man per second.

Was using it one of my builds, discipline and EB to get shit ton of mana regen.

Mana and reservations are the least problems for some build. How to regain mana fast, now that's the question.

But i am positive that developers will accommodate for this somehow.

Edit: I recall there being a post about it.
Last edited by WiseGuard on Apr 20, 2015, 1:17:52 PM
love it, just sold an arm and a leg for a shavs and now lowlife is being nerfed, just like when spec throw was being nerfed and i did the same for a decent dagger. and every other build ive ever tried too. noncrit LA, spork, etc. seems "normal" players are always perfectly behind so that when the majority of them finally get their chance at a good build it gets nerfed, while all the "good" RMTers and lucky droppers get months to play with those builds, further increasing their wealth all the while and widening the gap between them and normals even further. they are not effected by this change, because they have made more profit using those builds than the people who scrub around with chaos recipes and penny stocks so they can eventually get to the status that the rich get within weeks. then they make more than enough money to cover the expenses over the months until the build is dead. this has been a repeating pattern over the years and its not liable to change. the majority of the game will always be behind. sure, the new patches bring new players, but 90% of those will not last. as for temp leagues, i would play them and not have to complain about standard if they were actually interesting. lately only the HC leagues have had decent mods. make the next leagues share the same mods between HC and SC, and actually make the mods interesting, and game changing. so that it would require a rethinking of your entire playstyle and all the existing builds in order to get anywhere. this would definitely freshen things up and give everyone, experienced players and newer ones, a chance at being good.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info