A potential change I'm keen to hear your thoughts on

Maybe have a node behind that changes all your mana leech to es leech?

Seems like a decent change. A nerf to MoM/AA but you can still run a high level AA easy with decent gear and some nodes in the tree.
"
"
justinmm1988 wrote:
Im confused as all get out, my main is a RF incinerator that uses COD...I use EB to get a much larger mana pool, and to have good mana regen to run AA and to substain incinerate and ultimately fuel the COD's MoM feature...are they breaking this?

If so im sorry this just sucks, like seriously....fuck....like fuck. >_<

I know right? It is literally just a straight up nerf to casters.

In reality its a straight up buff to caster play-style.

MoM : you can now endure a full 100% damage to mana burst and still be able to cast spells(maybe with mana leach attached to it? or whatever you fancy) or utilize skills, so your character is not rendered a retard at burst damage points. (where in reality your character requires the most actions to safely recover)

Arctic armor : it will drain mana while moving, sure, however caster have lightning warp for movement which does not penalize AA, it is also entirely possible to make a combination of "enough mana" to run with AA and "enough ES" to safely nuke a pack down.

While one pool is being depleted, the other is being recharged. Thus creating an equilibrium in play-style and character design.

Choices people, interesting ones. It's just different, don't be fooled or scared '-.- play with the concept.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Such a good idea; +1 from me. Allows for a new "resource" (which I'm all in favour of as long as it doesn't become ridiculous, like D3) and opens up ES recharge for EB builds. It also allows massive aura stacking without the need for BM skills.

Maybe though, in order to preserve what is already there, make the EB keystone do this, and have a second keystone behind it that fully converts it into mana, perhaps at a slight % less multiplier? That way, people have to spend an extra point and don't get the full benefit that's currently in place (if you're thinking it's too OP).

MoM may also need a buff - perhaps it only absorbs 20% damage (or some amount less - maybe tied in with your health), but applies post-mitigation? So damage reduction applies, THEN MoM kicks in.

Note: haven't read the 9 pages of comments so not sure if this was already covered - sorry if it was!
Last edited by SponTen on Apr 17, 2015, 8:50:29 PM
Like the ideal. Just have to see how it works in game.
I've always been of the opinion that the vast majority of people running EB/MoM are actually trading 100% mitigation ES for 30% mitigation mana. Unless you can run Arctic Armor as well or have an exceptionally high mana pool, the combination seems pretty meh, and it looks like you can no longer effectively run AA if the mana drain disrupts your ES regen with this change.

This change would require some pretty close monitoring of mana costs. Clarity aura, incinerate, and some of the higher cost mines and traps, especially, would need to be looked at. If they actually add some ES % regen nodes to the tree, or ES % regen jewels, I can see this being a lot more manageable.

"
Boem wrote:

In reality its a straight up buff to caster play-style.

MoM : you can now endure a full 100% damage to mana burst and still be able to cast spells(maybe with mana leach attached to it? or whatever you fancy) or utilize skills, so your character is not rendered a retard at burst damage points. (where in reality your character requires the most actions to safely recover)

Arctic armor : it will drain mana while moving, sure, however caster have lightning warp for movement which does not penalize AA, it is also entirely possible to make a combination of "enough mana" to run with AA and "enough ES" to safely nuke a pack down.

While one pool is being depleted, the other is being recharged. Thus creating an equilibrium in play-style and character design.

Choices people, interesting ones. It's just different, don't be fooled or scared '-.- play with the concept.

Peace,

-Boem-

Once upon a time, before EB was popular, people theorycrafted using lightning warp to move with high level AA. Nobody did because it's a huge pain in the ass.
Read my book! The world ending in every way anyone ever thought it might end, all at once. First few chapters are available online for free.
http://www.amazon.com/The-End-World-Know-ebook/dp/B00CZ21JAQ
Last edited by TheTenthDoc on Apr 17, 2015, 8:49:01 PM
I don't like it.

I'm not a caster but I go through the entire tree from witch and take EB/MoM/IR

This change will prevent me from using high level aa (even with the mana/es/high %mana regen on rings/amulet and hybrid es gear on everything and lvl 20 clarity + mana regen from tree)

current hybrid gear

Its next to impossible right now to find drastically better upgrades that will allow me to run aa and have an effective mom pool

This will make MoM almost uselss as instead of addint 1.5k life to your health pool it will just add roughly half and it will regen back much more slowly.

I will have absolutely no way to leech back es with the no damage bow I use. (poison arrow doesn't leech)

Basically I'll lose AA, mom will become semi useless and my es will be perma drained since I cant leech it.

question: If ES works based on mana, if im casting spells that take form mana normally does it mean that it will stop my es from recovering?
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
Last edited by andkamen on Apr 17, 2015, 8:49:40 PM
"
Shepardj wrote:
Maybe have a node behind that changes all your mana leech to es leech?

Seems like a decent change. A nerf to MoM/AA but you can still run a high level AA easy with decent gear and some nodes in the tree.

Or a node behind it that changes it so its like the current node, but also have this version as the main keystone.
look at Rorys initial post..
he clearly states this is specifically being looked at because
mom + cod + eb was proving to be to beneficial for to low of a cost.

They dont nerf things and change things for no reason.
Things need to be balanced for the long term good of the game.
Adapt with the changes or dont, but this stuff will continue
to happen. Nothing is set in stone, and I like it.

Dont know what the final version of this change will be.
I'm sure it will be fine though.
do what you want to the girl, but leave me alone.
"
Boem wrote:
"
"
justinmm1988 wrote:
Im confused as all get out, my main is a RF incinerator that uses COD...I use EB to get a much larger mana pool, and to have good mana regen to run AA and to substain incinerate and ultimately fuel the COD's MoM feature...are they breaking this?

If so im sorry this just sucks, like seriously....fuck....like fuck. >_<

I know right? It is literally just a straight up nerf to casters.

To get that though you will need ES regen which you didn't need before. Also you will need high mana regen which you already did need before. I don't see one of my character running CoD, high level clarity, high level AA, and aura. Whether that is OP or not is debatable but if it can't run high level AA and aura that seems like too much of a nerf. Especially since CoD and AA was already nerfed.
I need a signature to look legit
Last edited by Hunt8722 on Apr 17, 2015, 8:55:39 PM
Personally I think this is a great idea. As has been pointed out already it helps out people who rely on AA or MoM since they no longer have to watch their mana during combat, and it opens up a lot of options for auras when you can actually reserve 100% of your mana and still use skills. And of course it's a pseudo-nerf to MoM and AA since you'll have to dedicate a few more resources into using them and it becomes a lot harder to stack both, forcing you to choose one or the other. I'd still have to see how well it works in practice, but it sounds like a cool idea to me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info