A potential change I'm keen to hear your thoughts on

I like the potential here. This won't let us get a huge pool of mana anymore (so for AA and MoM this is poop) however it let's us reserve 100% mana and still cast. This may be good for expensive skills you cast once or twice and then fill up the entire ES again.

Also, is the recharge triggered after not losing health for a while or after not losing mana for a while?
There would now be ways to reserve 100% of your mana and still cast spells that cost xyz amount of mana assuming you can leech it back as es somehow.

Probably not that op and would take a bit of work probably.
Last edited by CalamityAOE on Apr 17, 2015, 8:38:22 PM
As an EB rework im completly against, it defeat all purposes of previous uses of the keystone. Still, this is a pretty neat idea that makes path for new unique interesting builds, it should be a new keystone next to EB or anywhere else.
This kind of twist to previous mechanims add tons of depth and is why i was able to play +2k hours of this game and still want more. Even if this idea ends up failing please never stop thinking out ot the box and keep innovating.

In short, i would love to see this ingame, but not replacing EB
When You die on Softcore, you lose experience.
When you die on Hardcore, you gain experience.
I actually have a theory build of 20%+ ES regen. I'm not going to explain it, but in theory it's possible. Never tested it yet, was going to try it out in the upcoming 2.0 expansion. Not even sure why I would want that much regen in the first place. It's just a theory build.

Anyway, this is interesting because my original build was CI. Now I can take both CI and EB.
But why would I want to?

Edit: Nvm. Thanks Mark for clearing this up.

If I understand this correctly, people who normally take EB, will now have: all mana costs are taken from ES before mana, the inherit stun avoidance is removed, and we lose the bonus base mana & mana regen from normally taking EB? What people don't seem to realize is that they are going to get stunned a lot more.

I guess my real question here is at what point of ES regen per second out sustain normal mana regen per second? Assume Zealot's Oath. EX: 5%ES regen per second * 6kES pool = 300 ES per second. I don't really like those numbers though..... 4k ES pool is more common, and I can easily get 10% regen on the tree. So maybe 4k*10% = 400 ES per second.

I guess it makes it easier to reserve more auras, and I'm guessing the ES pool would be manageable with Zealot's Oath.

Although it kind of makes me think Stun Immunity is going to be more valuable.
"The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence."
Last edited by Hixxie on Apr 17, 2015, 9:38:35 PM
"
justinmm1988 wrote:
Im confused as all get out, my main is a RF incinerator that uses COD...I use EB to get a much larger mana pool, and to have good mana regen to run AA and to substain incinerate and ultimately fuel the COD's MoM feature...are they breaking this?

If so im sorry this just sucks, like seriously....fuck....like fuck. >_<

I know right? It is literally just a straight up nerf to casters.
Steam- squurellkiller
IGN- Sir_Loots (Standard)
Everything you do is sub-optimal.
Last edited by xThreads on Jul 2, 2021, 7:26:49 AM
Rory, this is beautiful. I have so many ideas with this change already, and thats just off the top of my head. EB is very deserving of a change, it is treated too much like a one and done type skill point. Keep up the good work and i can't wait to see this in testing!

edit: for all you whiners about AA, it was not impossible to run lvl 22 AA without EB at all, even with the 1.2 tree (look at http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/997183). Saying "RIP AA" is kinda narrow minded, when PoE is all about finding interesting ways to do things.
Last edited by ramoane1 on Apr 17, 2015, 8:43:40 PM
(Responding to the 3rd edit in the OP)
Even with AA and MOM working on mana, they are still broken.
You can never get enough mana regen for high level AA anymore and you'll never have enough unreserved mana for MOM.

It seems interesting for builds that want to reserve all their mana and spend ES in bursts. But that seems like a very niche little corner you've painted EB into. Plus I'm not even sure if the ES regen would trigger in time even with burst uses.
Definitely a different twist. Honestly I think it's a bad idea overall. I'd really prefer attacking one of the keystones that isn't as widely used and adored.

Here are some of the outcomes I see coming from this change:

1. Attack based (ele buzzsaw esque) builds get a huge buff. You can reserve all of your mana and with the new ES on hit stats coming out of jewels you should be able to sustain skills indefinitely.

2. AA gets an insane nerf. Attaining mana regeneration levels required to run AA without EB in its current state will either plummet your damage on the tree or your life pool.

3. MoM gets a huge nerf. Significantly less mana regen to maintain life/mana pool and running AA alongside it is going to be an impossibility. In some ways MoM whether from CoD or from the tree would now require some sort of mana leech. For attack builds this isn't so horrible but casters lose an insane amount of dps from running mana leech gem.

Overall I think it is a general nerf to casters, and a general buff to attack based/summoner builds.

After buffing melee SO hard for act 4 I think it might be a mistake to simultaneously nerf casters.
Will be interesting to test if I get into beta.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info