A potential change I'm keen to hear your thoughts on

Assuming that the goal of this change is to nerf MoM/AA without removing EB entirely then the keystone would need to include some other change to enable regen during combat without nerfing survivability. Otherwise any gains I see from taking the new EB will be destroyed once you run out of ES with no viable way of circumventing it.

Edit: this is because since you already nerfed MoM/AA requiring ZO or GR would be an additional nerf to survivability on top of that.
Last edited by dead1ne on Apr 17, 2015, 8:55:27 PM
This feels like a very aggressive and direct nerf to Cloak of Defiance, Eldritch Battery, Arctic Armour combination meta all spell-casters are using these days.

But the real problem here is not exactly what EB does but how the conversion works. Currently when you take EB, all mana modifiers also affect your ES too, resulting in even more ES being converted to Mana.

Instead, if mana modifiers had no effect on the amount of ES converted and if EB wasn't a full conversion, let's say 50% of ES turned into Mana. Then this would be a decent nerf for maximum mana pool and therefore mana regeneration. Making high level AA to run even harder, running out of mana way more quicker after taking damage with MOM and also requires spell casters to search for even more ES on gear or even modify their tree accordingly(to get more reduced mana reservation, more energy shield, resulting in maybe slightly less hp and damage, basically pushing them away from their comfort zone making COD-EB-AA combination harder to fully utilize.
Nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
Last edited by rockmassif on Apr 17, 2015, 8:53:57 PM
"
TheTenthDoc wrote:

Once upon a time, before EB was popular, people theorycrafted using lightning warp to move with high level AA. Nobody did because it's a huge pain in the ass.

That's weird, i don't run AA on my sparker, yet i constantly use lightning warp to move.

Why would you not want to move around at 2x your normal speed in a map between packs?

I mean i use lightning warp when i see a rhoa charge me, to get out of his charge line etc. If you get used to it and it's fast it's really chill to play though.

Peace,

-Boem-

(also rory already edited that they will look at other value's in tandem with this change, including AA)
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
I'm sad :( This would be terrible imo ...
"just for try, for see and for know"
A few problems I see with it:

1) Argument, saying taht you can reserve 100% of your mana is invalid. Since most of the characters reserve ~90% of their mana, additional 10% isn't a big deal.

2) Running half-regen maps becomes a distaster (you regenerate both your ES and mana at half the pace). Since ES has a downtime, you got to wait before it even starts to regenerating, slowly. Now that we have high mana pools half-regen is possible

3) No-regen maps are now almost impossible, unless you have BOTH VAAL PACT and GHOST REAVER. But if you have GR you got no Life leech. May be fine for some ranged, but melee gets rekt. Also, fighting a reflect is now ESC -> Logout. Having VP and GR = 1/3 of your points is gone, and since VP make leech only 40% effective, you now need also tons of dps.

3,5) no recovery mods rekt this baby. You either have to have VP/Acuity to even run your skills, and not having any Life leech, or just reroll the map.

4) obvious nerf to AA and MoM. If you want to nerf both of these, there are other ways than ruining a nice passive. even a Low lvl AA, that you can run with 700 mana without EB is usless with new EB, since constant mana drain doesnt allow you to recharge new ES.

5) Clarity now is usless. Since you're gonna be reserving your mana with auras other than clairy (why would you use it, since with mana pool of ~600 you reserve 85% of your mana with clarity, and you still spend ES in the first place..), this aura is just pointless. Have fun trying to maintain decent amount of mana regen for some spells.

These are just a few thoughts. But I guess we'll have to see how it plays.

/edit= A solution for AA + MoM combo:
1) make AA: can't be used with MoM or the other way around
2) make AA reserve mana, rather tha drain it.
Last edited by Dr_Nappa on Apr 17, 2015, 9:11:52 PM
Fucking DEFINITELY do it. EB is much too easy of a way to just negate any thoughts toward mana as it stands.

Everyone complaining is just complaining because they think they want an easier game. Fuck those guys.
sigfault
Looks amazing! Makes it an even bigger shame that Shavrone's Revelation isn't a part of the core game's unique pool though.

Edit:
"
Dr_Nappa wrote:
3) No-regen maps are now almost impossible, unless you have BOTH VAAL PACT and GHOST REAVER. But if you have GR you got no Life leech. May be fine for some ranged, but melee gets rekt. Also, fighting a reflect is now ESC -> Logout. Having VP and GR = 1/3 of your points is gone, and since VP make leech only 40% effective, you now need also tons of dps.
With the new EB no regen maps would be easier since you can regen ES in those maps by just waiting a few seconds.
My supporter items: Victario's Charity and The Forsaken
Last edited by Mokihiki on Apr 17, 2015, 8:59:22 PM
I feel it is some kind of kill to meta now since mose top players use Cloak of Defiance + EB + flameblast or any other prolif skill.
Few really fun and good builds can come into mind expecially phys attack bulids that can sustain life on lgoh gem.

Why not make dual nodes like 2 big nodes from same place.
One old EB, one new one(you can choose only one and same thing could work with other big nodes like acro - one acro with 100% less armour 25% less ES, other acro with 100% less es 25% less armour ;) ).

Also i think it wont help new players at all(i think its one of main reasons of this change to make game more clear). New players wont be able to make use of this node after change.
Last edited by kuan999 on Apr 17, 2015, 8:58:03 PM
People who use EB right now could already reserve almost all their mana and still cast, so the extra aura argument is wrong. What this change really does is nerf EB to the ground and has no upside to it that I could think of, seriously, what benefit does this give?
Steam- squurellkiller
IGN- Sir_Loots (Standard)
"
Mokihiki wrote:
Looks amazing! Makes it an even bigger shame that Shavroone's Revelation isn't a part of the core game's unique pool though.

This.
"The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info