Fed up with this chrome crap.

"
Perq wrote:

Another great proof that PoE needs some kind of TUTORIAL or explanation how stuff works. Getting 4Blues on Eva chest is REALLY damn hard. 76 chromes is nothing. It will take like 1000, I'd bet

The wiki is the tutorial. Obviously GGG appreciates player discovery - hence them saying there are still unfound recis.
76 chromes aint shit. I've spent 2500 before for 4 off color.

Depends how high main stat is but 2500 is normal for a top chest.

http://siveran.github.io/calc.html
Git R Dun!
"
Miská wrote:
"
Wispo wrote:
"
Miská wrote:
The mistake is trying to make a build with a 6link in mind. All these words you throw out, desperation, demotivation, obstacles. Stop trying to get the best gear without ALOT of work into it. And take less gear to start with. If you would have everything, you will have nothing. That's my lesson to you for today!

In fact i rely on a miserable damaging 4 link arc ;)
Side note: WHY tabula rasa was allowed to be introduced, if the 3 layers of rng stacked one up another (socketing, colouring, linking) are such as a good idea like the supporters say? ;) Moreover, WHY tabula was not removed from the game (=no more future drops of it) if the so much praised vorici rends the things so easy like the many parrots here go saying around? ;)

Things are still not always easy to chrome. But tbh i rarely use vorici. It's pretty simple how chroming works in this game, if you are not fuzzed then it should be a piece a cake. If you need 3R, don't get a 100% evasion or ES piece. Get one with atleast hybrid armor and you are set. It might still take a few chromes, but getting it on a full evasion/ES is nearly impossible without dumping ALOT of chromes into it.

Tabula is just a convenience item. A levelling item for many softcore players. It's not ment to take away the things you think it does.

Still, i see in town even lvl 85+ exiles with tabula. and i really don't think that, arrived at level 85, one guy it's still leveling or still testing different gem setups so to be forced to use tabula
"
Wispo wrote:

Still, i see in town even lvl 85+ exiles with tabula. and i really don't think that, arrived at level 85, one guy it's still leveling or still testing different gem setups so to be forced to use tabula

He's using a tabula for the same reason you are complaining so much. You and him think it's unplayable without a 6link. So he keeps his tabula on forever, and you come to the forum and complain.

Try to enjoy the game without perfecting everything, it's not gonna happen anyway.
"
Miská wrote:
"
Wispo wrote:

He's using a tabula for the same reason you are complaining so much. You and him think it's unplayable without a 6link. So he keeps his tabula on forever, and you come to the forum and complain.

Try to enjoy the game without perfecting everything, it's not gonna happen anyway.

Prfecting? Have you an idea of how much sucks a spell in a 4 link? :/ The base damage compared to weapons it's just awful (and this is the reason because many players prefers flameblast or incinerate over the other spells... not because they are fun -in fact are boring- but because they give the "more" damage).
This said, like op stateed, chromes are pure crap (=gear color attunement must be removed for me... because ggg with the words wants diversity, but with the facts kills diversity)
"
Wispo wrote:
"
Miská wrote:
The mistake is trying to make a build with a 6link in mind. All these words you throw out, desperation, demotivation, obstacles. Stop trying to get the best gear without ALOT of work into it. And take less gear to start with. If you would have everything, you will have nothing. That's my lesson to you for today!

Side note: WHY tabula rasa was allowed to be introduced, if the 3 layers of rng stacked one up another (socketing, colouring, linking) are such as a good idea like the supporters say? ;) Moreover, WHY tabula was not removed from the game (=no more future drops of it) if the so much praised vorici rends the things so easy like the many parrots here go saying around? ;)

Do you not understand the inherent trade-off Tabula represents? You get a 6L with white sockets so that you can make any gem combination your little heart desires. For this, you have to go without any chest defenses.

If you want both chest defenses and a 6L, you have to pay your dues at either the temple of RNG or the House of Vorici. You used to only have option #1, and that's a tough option. Option #2 has made getting both significantly easier (not easy, easier).
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
"
Archwizard wrote:
"
Wispo wrote:
"
Miská wrote:

Do you not understand the inherent trade-off Tabula represents? You get a 6L with white sockets so that you can make any gem combination your little heart desires. For this, you have to go without any chest defenses.

If you want both chest defenses and a 6L, you have to pay your dues at either the temple of RNG or the House of Vorici. You used to only have option #1, and that's a tough option. Option #2 has made getting both significantly easier (not easy, easier).

There is option 3, spend all your time flipping bad items on trade to buy one from xyz
those who know little believe they know much.but those who know much have learned of their ignorance

Guild: eclectic gaming council. Diversity is our first name
"
Archwizard wrote:
"
Wispo wrote:
"
Miská wrote:

Too bad vorici have monster costs, and no guaranteed chance of success like sayd by some other guy before. After all, if "general discussion" is waaaaay more filled by "good bye poe, i'm done" threads, than "poe best game ever" threads... well, it's for a reason...
"
Wispo wrote:
"
Miská wrote:
"
Wispo wrote:

Prfecting? Have you an idea of how much sucks a spell in a 4 link? :/ The base damage compared to weapons it's just awful (and this is the reason because many players prefers flameblast or incinerate over the other spells... not because they are fun -in fact are boring- but because they give the "more" damage).
This said, like op stateed, chromes are pure crap (=gear color attunement must be removed for me... because ggg with the words wants diversity, but with the facts kills diversity)

Uh, did you forget a 5link exists? Pretty easy to make, alot easier to buy. You can pick up a 5l armor for almost nothing. So i have no clue why you use a 4link.
"
Miská wrote:

Uh, did you forget a 5link exists? Pretty easy to make, alot easier to buy. You can pick up a 5l armor for almost nothing. So i have no clue why you use a 4link.

Because i don't manage to fuse 5 sockets togheter. Oh right.... rng -.-'
Last edited by Wispo on Apr 19, 2015, 12:34:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info