King Kaom fight

http://www.ign.com/videos/2015/04/17/path-of-exile-the-awakenings-first-boss-ign-plays?+main+twitter

Obviously spoilers.

I don't know, not really fan of it. I think vaal fight is the best boss fight because it's really clean, there's not that much clutter going on during the fight, but the positioning is still really important.

Here you are just showered with these lava balls, and it seems a bit hard determining where exactly they will land.

Also, the fight seems too simple, for the hyped Kaom duel. At least give him haste when near death, or have two stages.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
Well its the first boss fight in act 4 and there are 9 of them. It looks like a good warm up to me, I dont want to start the act just after fighting Dominus and have to be seriously scared for my life.
I expected to see more mechanics in the fight (some kind of enraging?). This makes it comparable to Brutus at best. Anyway, as it is seems fun.

About the fireballs...I think they are there to fuck with ranged. You have a slow, telegraphed attack for melee to dodge and an unpredictable pattern of fireballs for ranged. Not elegant but it works.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Last edited by NeroNoah on Apr 17, 2015, 12:47:59 PM
Looks 10x easier compared to titz.
"
choopk1993 wrote:

Irrelevant. Not all goes around the endgame. This is an act boss that should be reachable for the average player.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Looks fun, if you play melee. Ranged will walk all over "king Kaom".
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
morbo wrote:
Looks fun, if you play melee. Ranged will walk all over "king Kaom".

XD Agree. No wonder dev chose melee to make it look fun.
Last edited by choopk1993 on Apr 17, 2015, 12:58:17 PM
"
NeroNoah wrote:
"
choopk1993 wrote:

Irrelevant. Not all goes around the endgame. This is an act boss that should be reachable for the average player.

This. Attziri has nothing to do with regular bosses
Anybody can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right person and to the right degree and at the right time and for the right purpose, and in the right way - that is not within everybody's power and is not easy.

Aristotle
Nice graphics, i like it

I'd suggest few things to make the fight more intense and be as good as the graphics ;)

-That range attack Kaom does is very easy to dodge. Because it targets the player's position when the attack starts, than 2sec later it sends the lava, but the player is far away by than. So you could change it like : If the player is in a move around Kaom, he would slightly target the lava in that "clockwise" direction by a random angle .

-I don't understand those minions Kaom summons, they don't fit there, its like spawning random monsters. It would be better for example if Kaom summoned multiple Raging Spirits (like his head), which would have a little extra mechanic, not just autopursuing the player.. Also Kaom could summon up raging spirits from those skullpiles in the edge of the arena

-So the floor in this arena has circular textures. During the fight they could glow up randomly and would do dot damage when the player moves on them. It would make trying to avoid Kaom's range attacks more difficult.

-There should be a second stage giving him some boost.. Like giving LMP/Nova to that range attack:)

-And pls give him the ability to use a big aoe SWEEP with that colossal axe thanks.

D3 treasure goblins's escape portal is an entrance to Wraeclast
Last edited by Moeeom123 on Apr 17, 2015, 2:27:01 PM
"
Moeeom123 wrote:
Nice graphics, i like it

I'd suggest few things to make the fight more intense

-That range attack Kaom does is very easy to dodge. Because it targets the player's position when the attack starts, than 2sec later it sends the lava, but the player is far away by than. So you could change it like : If the player is in a move, it targets the lava in that direction by a random angle

Yeah. Although the arena seems small and there are lava projectiles, it still feels ranges builds will be able to sidestep those projectiles with ease and just keep on dps'ing him. It should either be much quicker or have a homing ability.

Also for the summmons, I kinda agree. I think it would be cooler if Kaom when into sort of chanting/summoning mode, but you would be faced with only 2-3 much harder mobs, sort of karui champions or tribes elite fighters. You could hurt Kaom in this phase, but the mobs would be constantly all over you.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
Last edited by Odoakar on Apr 17, 2015, 1:28:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info