HC people that tried SC for the first time.

Please refer to the leagues by their given names and to keep the discussion on topic. Further comments that might be taken as offensive or derogatory towards a specific league will be removed and the user placed on probation.

Any further posts that are off topic to the thread will be removed. Please contact me if you have any questions or concerns.
Please contact support@grindinggear.com if you need any help.
alt+f4

is available in both leagues so why do only hardcore players get shit for using it

I mean GGG has stated that the game is built around it

I dont see any any key!
"
k1rage wrote:
well this is turning into the shit show I expected it to lol

way to not let me down forum community

I love you folks

"
k1rage wrote:
alt+f4

is available in both leagues so why do only hardcore players get shit for using it

you fall victim to your own expectations?

Why stir up this issue instead of getting back on track like Jared requests.

Keep it civil and just give impressions about your experience without slander to any and all sides?

Were all just players at the end of the day.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
"
k1rage wrote:

I love you folks

"
k1rage wrote:
alt+f4

Keep it civil and just give impressions about your experience without slander to any and all sides?

Peace,

-Boem-

Indeed the issue is resolved. I am made whole - and so should everyone else :) . Going to bed :D
So to get back on topic I'll tell how it felt switching from HC to SC. I played hc exclusively for the first couple of months of PoE. Then I switched to SC and while I missed the consequences of dying, I still had a blast because build diversity was fucking real in SC, I could pull off shit I never even dreamt of in HC because HC was so restricted to 'get life nodes or get rekt' that it felt stale after a while. So I really recommend to play both (though build diversity in hc got better over time).
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
So to get back on topic I'll tell how it felt switching from HC to SC. I played hc exclusively for the first couple of months of PoE. Then I switched to SC and while I missed the consequences of dying, I still had a blast because build diversity was fucking real in SC, I could pull off shit I never even dreamt of in HC because HC was so restricted to 'get life nodes or get rekt' that it felt stale after a while. So I really recommend to play both (though build diversity in hc got better over time).

Yeah, I was really surprised at the diverse number of builds I saw and partied with in HC - I was expecting a lot of "play it safe" builds, but got to see things like Cyclone, Infernal Blow and even a CoC.

Was quite cool to see how confident people are in their builds and skills - of course there was me with my lame ass Arc witch, shitting myself at the first sign of danger :)
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
"
Boem wrote:
"
k1rage wrote:

I love you folks

"
k1rage wrote:
alt+f4

Peace,

-Boem-

sry I didn't know I was being uncivil

my apologies and peace to you Boem
I dont see any any key!
My first run in SC was in Ambush I believe, and I had fun because I could play a build that was not considered HC viable at that time.

I tried SC again in the Torment League, couldn't find any motivation pass level 9. The simple fact that I know I can die removes all the thrill I get from playing HC.
I just rip'd my main guy the other night, /lamemode. Didn't delete for a change, might play me some sc occasionally (also get in some atziri practice).
We tested it extensively
Hmm it appears that I'm actaully fairly unique. I used to play HC exclusively including my first few characters then tried SC recently and pretty much ditched HC instantly. Some context my first characters were back in open beta and after losing my first few I hit 86 before quitting. Fast forward to 2015 I saw one of my friends playing poe and decided to hop back in and made a bl character. 76 levels of necrovigil and plink later I decided to give standard a try to get away from all the bl bs so I went and killed my original perma HC league character since apparently the perma league was dead anyways. A few weeks of playing on standard later I realized 1) the economy isn't anywhere near as bad as I was led to believe 2) there was a chance I could actually try out the builds that cost hundreds of exalts 3) running straight into everything and blowing it up is fun. I was pretty sure I never wanted to touch HC again at that point. When the 1 months came out I did 4/4 on hc and realized that I hated the playstyle. It's really easy to never die... as long as you avoid everything that could possibly kill you. Once the new temp leagues come out I'll probably be on the sc version exclusively unless there's some really op reward in HC.

tl;dr: played HC forever, tried SC never looked back. Would only play HC again for stuff I can rip to standard.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info