HC people that tried SC for the first time.

"
DexDeus wrote:

Id have thought it silly though accepted it if the post using terms "[Removed by Support]" and "alt f4 core" were also deleted but theyre allowed. I personally dont care what people play, i was just pointing out that you can say "guys guys, if you play [Removed by Support]its fine, theres no difference between [Removed by Support]and softcore" but then when i point out thats biased and emphasise my point by using the s word which apparently is not allowed, then that gets removed.

Like I played sc when i first learned the game and i enjoyed it back then. I dont have a problem with sc players. I am now pointing out that i do have a problem with one sided modding.

Well, I've gone ahead with reporting the use of '[Removed by Support]' as I think you make a good point about fairness.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Last edited by Jared_GGG on Apr 16, 2015, 5:48:51 PM
/on-topic

I exclusively play the HC temp leagues, however as soon as they are done I send all my characters to standard and play there till next temp league. To me, as someone else has said, I just feel that the SC temp leagues aren't thrilling and I do enjoy that sense of "If I die then all this time was for nothing".

It's all just personal preference on where/how you want to play. Nothing more, nothing less and I would never call anyone out for how they choose to play.
"
Xavderion wrote:

fair points, I could respond to some I guess but I posted my last reply before I saw what Jared said in in fairness, this is a tangent so out of respect for what he said and the intent of the post Ill leave it there and just say fair play, I agree with some of the points you make.

We really should get back on topic I didnt intend my remarks to become the entire discussion, it was just an offhand observation thrown out there.
"
Xavderion wrote:

Logging out is cheese as well, all cheese is valid. Thats why its called cheese and not exploit. Your getting away with shitty behavior that isn't technically against the rules but is still frowned upon. So yes brute force cheese is a legitimate strategy but it still makes you a lamer. Just like logging out. To me that is a total reflection of character.

Guess I'm a lamer then for playing by the ruleset and anticipating the difficulty :) Haven't logged in a long while though, desync magically became better for me.

To me you are implying that you only logout because of deysnc, in which case no you would not be a lamer, that is out of your control. If you have just to get out of a fuck up then yes, you are. Only you will know. The answer is in your heart. Take time to meditate on this.

Also for the record, softcore players definitely logout as well, they are just as cheesy.
Last edited by yungwhiz on Apr 16, 2015, 5:41:51 PM
well this is turning into the shit show I expected it to lol

way to not let me down forum community

I love you folks

I dont see any any key!
"
"
DexDeus wrote:

Id have thought it silly though accepted it if the post using terms "[Removed by Support]" and "alt f4 core" were also deleted but theyre allowed. I personally dont care what people play, i was just pointing out that you can say "guys guys, if you play [Removed by Support]its fine, theres no difference between [Removed by Support]and softcore" but then when i point out thats biased and emphasise my point by using the s word which apparently is not allowed, then that gets removed.

Like I played sc when i first learned the game and i enjoyed it back then. I dont have a problem with sc players. I am now pointing out that i do have a problem with one sided modding.

Well, I've gone ahead with reporting the use of '[Removed by Support]' as I think you make a good point about fairness.

Yeah, I mean if its not the use of "sc***" thats offensive but the fact that sc players will get annoyed by it and turn threads into attacking each other then what is the difference between it and the opposite from sc to hc players with terms like "[Removed by Support]". I mean, i was taking it lightly and just making a point, although perhaps less subtle than it could have been, i dont think removal without also removing what prompted it is fair. But hey. I dont know why i've gone so ranty about it, i think its cause I see a lot of this sort of what i deem to be unreasonable modding and its kinda finally got to me. And people wonder why reddit is the real poe forum?

Anyway, this is now way off topic so we'll leave it there :D .

SC players have fun
HC players have fun
Last edited by Jared_GGG on Apr 16, 2015, 5:49:17 PM
"
yungwhiz wrote:

Also for the record, softcore players definitely logout as well, they are just as cheesy.

I got a few friends that do this, never understood it though.

I don't have ANY macro's (not for remaining/oos/itemlevel/log out etc, are there more? no clue)

Not in softcore and not in hardcore.

the only time i ever use my alt-f4 buttons is when my entire screen freezes which is an indication of me disconnecting and getting a new IP adress. Which is when shit is out of my hands and i can safely press
alt-f4 without feeling like i fucked up.(<- personal opinion, no offense intended to anybody)

on-topic : i enjoy all league's. But i also play all league's with the intent not to die, just more focused on hc to be honest and not taking risks mostly.

Soft-core allows you to experiment with mechanics, gradually build up defenses and take on heavier encounters.

Sort of fine tuning what defenses work best in what situations etc. Learning threshold value's for encounters and combo's, a lot of stuff that would cost you a character in hardcore.

In hardcore, i get to utilize that experience from softcore and combine it in a solid all-round character that has the least potential to die. Slowly building up those thresholds and challenging the character very slowly to break them.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:

fair points, I could respond to some I guess but I posted my last reply before I saw what Jared said in in fairness, this is a tangent so out of respect for what he said and the intent of the post Ill leave it there and just say fair play, I agree with some of the points you make.

We really should get back on topic I didnt intend my remarks to become the entire discussion, it was just an offhand observation thrown out there.

Thanks. And i apologise for pulling the discussion out of topic but it was purely annoyance at what id call "nazi modding" if thats not an offensive term...... Overuse of modding more polite i guess.

But yeah this is a good thread and I again appologise for my ranting.
"
DexDeus wrote:

Thanks. And i apologise for pulling the discussion out of topic but it was purely annoyance at what id call "nazi modding" if thats not an offensive term...... Overuse of modding more polite i guess.

But yeah this is a good thread and I again appologise for my ranting.

That term is potentially a little offensive - the poor mods are just trying to abide by some of the feedback that they have recieved over the last couple of weeks :)
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Not words themselves are insulting, but the way how they're used and how they're meant. That's why altf4-core or macro-core can be as insulting as scrubcore/deathcore/noobcore if used pejoratively (and let's face it, 99% of the time it is being used pejoratively). If I were Bex I would allow both altf4core and scrubcore because idgaf but if you forbid the use of scrubcore and allow altf4core thats a double standard sry.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Last edited by Xavderion on Apr 16, 2015, 5:55:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info