Crossbow and gun

Hello

Crossbow: Useful and powerful, hit harder than bows but maybe little slower weapon.

Guns, Shotguns: Game style is a little steampunk so i think possible implement some of these items.

I know is it short, but thanks the read.
Last bumped on Mar 27, 2018, 2:39:05 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Both somewhat common suggestions. Perhaps in some future Act, if GGG even wants them. But honestly, I'm not really sure I want guns for this game.
Crossbow - 2 handed ranged weapon. Strength based, rather than dex.
Guns - gtfo and take your ideas with you.
"If you’re incompetent, you can’t know you’re incompetent. […] the skills you need to produce a right answer are exactly the skills you need to recognize what a right answer is." ~David Dunning
Guns have been suggested to death, they have also been rejected to death. Guns don't fit the theme at all and shouldn't be in the game.

Crossbows would be a different story, being a strength-based ranged weapon instead of dexterity. Unfortunately, for marauder and templar, there's no ranged passives anywhere near them so they'd have to trudge through the entire passive tree to pick up the ranged nodes.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
A new strength based range weapon type in the form of 2H crossbow would be a nice addition to this game.
I'd like to see guns in the game as well. I think it's entirely appropriate and that the people of Wraeclast should far beyond the technological level for creating guns.

I would implement them like this:

Crossbow: Int/Dex Hybrid Weapon. Implicit mods would be increased knockback distance/increased knockback chance/chance to cause bleed on hit/chance to pierce.

The crossbow would have a special trait where it deals more damage to enemies if they have a wall or another object/enemy located behind them. This would be called the "Pin" effect. Otherwise crossbows in general would be considered weaker than ordinary bows.

Gun:
Int/Dex/Str Weapon! Implicit mods would be chance to ignite/chance to blind/chance to flee/(low)increased critical strike multiplier and accuracy hybrid mod.

Guns would require and consume ammunition in order to function. Ammunition does not drop from mobs, but instead you have to use a vendor recipe with a new Master at your hideout. Different ammunition give different effects. For example, one bullet could add elemental proliferation to your skills. Another bullet could add flat physical damage while adding a penalty to accuracy rating.

yup, that's what I'd do
"
TikoXi wrote:

The ironic thing is that it takes much more strength to draw a longbow than a crossbow, but Bows are always dex-aligned.

Part of why crossbows were so effective is that you could just give one to someone and all they had to do was point and shoot. Reloading obviously required force, but you had winches for that.

This post isn't at all a comment on the feasibility or likelihood of adding Crossbows to PoE. I just thought it was interesting trivia.
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
"
Dan_GGG wrote:
"
TikoXi wrote:

The ironic thing is that it takes much more strength to draw a longbow than a crossbow, but Bows are always dex-aligned.

Part of why crossbows were so effective is that you could just give one to someone and all they had to do was point and shoot. Reloading obviously required force, but you had winches for that.

This post isn't at all a comment on the feasibility or likelihood of adding Crossbows to PoE. I just thought it was interesting trivia.

I'm very familiar with that fact - I've used both before. I was referring specifically from a game design perspective, that we have the dex-based ranged weapon (bows) and the Int based ranged weapon (wands) - crossbows as a strength based ranged weapon would complete the trilogy - and would give the duelist something to do with that proj node wheel aside from Rain of Arrows...

Spoiler
No, every melee weapon does not count as a strength based ranged weapon. Spectral throw is green.

And yes, it's kidna cute that you brought it up. It is very ironic trivia.
"If you’re incompetent, you can’t know you’re incompetent. […] the skills you need to produce a right answer are exactly the skills you need to recognize what a right answer is." ~David Dunning
Last edited by TikoXi on Apr 14, 2015, 10:25:10 PM
"
Dan_GGG wrote:
"
TikoXi wrote:

Bows were (correctly) Dex/Strength hybrid in early PoE. I still miss that.
We definitely need a uniq six-barreled minigun! So many mobs, we need more massive weapons. Steampunk bazookas would also fit the game nicely.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info