jewels discussion: bringing RNG and Economy to the Passive Tree

In general, I like the idea of enhancing the skill tree, but I have to agree with OP - RNG is taking over. I would have preferred something like Quality for nodes in the passive tree; maybe introduce a new orb (like GCPs) and limit the max number of nodes that can be enhanced. Yes, looting these orbs would be RNG again, but if there was a vendor recipe for that orb (like the existing chaos recipe), it wouldnt be as bad.
Last edited by eperon on Apr 16, 2015, 6:53:15 AM
John. It's a charm slot, John. You have the option to spend a skill point to get a charm slot, John.
FYI: It's not a fantasy story, it's a cosmic horror story.
I like the jewel idea, I hope the good ones will be common enough to be somewhat affordable
I dont see any any key!
Honestly, they should make the jewels non tradable... that solves half the problem.
"
shadowscion wrote:
Honestly, they should make the jewels non tradable... that solves half the problem.

Oh god no, that would make the problem huge, cant find the jewel you need? well the I guess your screwed
I dont see any any key!
I think you are inflating the problem. You should be able to make jewels which suit your build easily, I would imagine. It might not be perfect compared to those who trade for it, but unless you are trying to somehow compete with these people, what jewels other people have should not affect you.

Now, if getting basic jewels which complement your build is harder than I expect it to be, that's a different issue. However, considering getting basic gear for your build isn't that hard, I don't imagine jewels will be any different.
"
k1rage wrote:
"
shadowscion wrote:

Oh god no, that would make the problem huge, cant find the jewel you need? well the I guess your screwed

No, that will mean the drop rates of jewels can be very high, hack maybe even a quest reword (for unique ones), so you dont need to care about trading and economy.

"

Yeah but because you disagree with him you are "trolling" lol

no. because you troll me, you are trolling.

there are enough people here who disagree with me.
read their posts. the way they phrase genuine counter-arguments. you might learn something, Mr. GrammarPoliseChief.

you are backing someone who came in here with a "lel y u no" attitude so stronk, it makes your own posts seem at least half serious by comparison.
so I sent him to actually read the thread. which he claims he did - adding a lie to an already bad attitude.

so yes, you both clearly disagree. but unless you learn to express your disagreement in an actual human manner - and you clearly have no intention to do that - you both aren't welcome here, as far as I'm concerned.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Apr 16, 2015, 12:47:21 PM
"
miljan wrote:
"
k1rage wrote:
"
shadowscion wrote:

No, that will mean the drop rates of jewels can be very high, hack maybe even a quest reword (for unique ones), so you dont need to care about trading and economy.

the whole game is built on trading lets not turn this into D3 by adding account bound stuff
I dont see any any key!
"
k1rage wrote:

the whole game is built on trading lets not turn this into D3 by adding account bound stuff

The game is already d3 and what it was on beginning with AH/RMAH. And for a loot based game, trading is the worst thing you can balance the game around. So no, we dont need more trading crap, we need less of it, especially if it is important for your character customization.
Last edited by miljan on Apr 16, 2015, 12:50:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info