jewels discussion: bringing RNG and Economy to the Passive Tree

"
"
johnKeys wrote:
contributed absolutely nothing to the discussion, but thanks for the thread bump guys.

Are you going to bother addressing BMBI's original post, or are you conceding that you have no defense against his argument?

read page 2 please.
then 3.
and 4.
and 5.
and the parts of 1 you didn't bother even looking at.

now ask me again.

otherwise, thanks again for the bump, but please do not come back if you have nothing valuable to add and are just here in "full troll mode".
even BMBI isn't in "full troll mode" here. should give you a good benchmark for yourself.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Apr 16, 2015, 1:31:35 AM
Now real money trade can infect the skill tree as well. All the more reason for the SFL argument.
Last edited by rob16437 on Apr 16, 2015, 2:08:27 AM
"
rob16437 wrote:
Now real money trade can infected the skill tree as well. All the more reason for the SFL argument.

the RMT argument was addressed in a completely different thread.
all I can say is, wherever Path Of Exile's horrible, all-powerful, seemingly-unbiased implementation of an RNG sets a randomized foot - there will be trade as a path of least resistance (and much lesser frustration).
and wherever trade is, RMT is soon to follow.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Apr 16, 2015, 1:37:44 AM
Personally I think I will love jewels but.....

People who cry about rng and economy atm are gonna have some next level complaining to do after 2.0

From just the affixes we have seen so far the variations in rolls (because of massive affix pool) are gonna put wands/daggers/staffs/sceptres/amulets (hardest to roll items) to shame.
Last edited by Splift on Apr 16, 2015, 1:43:22 AM
Eventhough 666lol666 did a very bad job explaining himself, I think we actually talked about this issue on the other thread already. Don't know why you felt the need to replicate it.
Nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
Last edited by rockmassif on Apr 16, 2015, 1:51:48 AM
"
johnKeys wrote:
"
"
johnKeys wrote:
contributed absolutely nothing to the discussion, but thanks for the thread bump guys.

Are you going to bother addressing BMBI's original post, or are you conceding that you have no defense against his argument?

read page 2 please.
then 3.
and 4.
and 5.
and the parts of 1 you didn't bother even looking at.

now ask me again.

otherwise, thanks again for the bump, but please do not come back if you have nothing valuable to add and are just here in "full troll mode".
even BMBI isn't in "full troll mode" here. should give you a good benchmark for yourself.

I did read every page. You didn't address it at all. It is rather sad if you think you did. I am never in troll mode FYI.

Anyway, as BMBI says you are choosing to gimp yourself, you are choosing to play in such a way that puts you at a distinct disadvantage. Therefore you have no right to complain about it.

Perhaps you can try to play the game as intended instead of making complaint after complaint about trading and the economy of PoE?

We have had this conversation before. Multiple times. You really are like a brick wall on the subject, which is strange seeing how you clearly don't enjoy your own chosen playstyle, if you did you would stop complaining about it.

Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
Last edited by Fluffy_Puppies on Apr 16, 2015, 2:04:15 AM
People need to stop over thinking and enjoy the game.We have the beta coming up see how it goes through that.
"
johnKeys wrote:
"
rob16437 wrote:
Now real money trade can infected the skill tree as well. All the more reason for the SFL argument.

the RMT argument was addressed in a completely different thread.
all I can say is, wherever Path Of Exile's horrible, all-powerful, seemingly-unbiased implementation of an RNG sets a randomized foot - there will be trade as a path of least resistance (and much lesser frustration).
and wherever trade is, RMT is soon to follow.

Yea, I tried to resurrect that thread with a bump and it got removed by support. The 140 pages of comments on the thread apparently do not justify it enough to stay open. I bumped that one because I didn't want to be ''warned'' for creating a new thread regarding a topic that already has several threads dedicated. You can not win on this topic. They are very firm handed about not wanting to have a legit ladder season with only self found players. There are those that argue ''people will simply buy full accounts'' but this could be combated fairly easily and the fakers are in denial because they don't want to become the new scrub-core.

The skill tree in poe was the ONLY thing not corrupted by economy. Stances that are taken by gaming companies against sfl style players only make me suspicious of where they get their revenue.
Last edited by rob16437 on Apr 16, 2015, 2:21:16 AM
"
rob16437 wrote:
Stances that are taken by gaming companies against sfl style players only make me suspicious of where they get their revenue.
Such tinfoil hat.

GGG, a small indie dev fights rmt better that any I have ever seen big or small.

GGG is not against self found. If you want to play self found you can do it just fine (I did it to get 85 challenge and bloodlines challenge on last hc ladder).

As for wasting the resources for a league that few people will play just so self found can have its own leaderboard. Waste of time. people who complain about rmt now will complain that chinese farmers sell some accounts or whatever and they will also complain that GGG has to spend the time to re tune all loot drops etc. Basically it would just end up as a masive time and money sink for them when you can play self found just fine atm and just have to deal with (less) leaderboard integrity.

[Post Edited by Support]
Last edited by Yeran_GGG on Apr 16, 2015, 3:57:21 AM
I share some of concerns raised in the OP as well. Skill tree was always available for all and it provided equal opportunities and capabilities to all players. Ultimately, each character would be slightly different because gear and player skill will come into play, however, we all started equal. This part will be challenged by introduction of drop and craft based jewels. Extent of the change can only be measured once 2.0 is out and played for a while.

I also eagerly expect beta 2.0 tree to be published to really check the changes. It seems from those few pictures of the tree that the path always has jewel and non-jewel option available. This would mean you will not be gated from accessing any part of the tree if you do not have jewel available. It will be interesting to see how will the permanent keystone compare to jewel bonuses and whether it will always be the case that 2 paths are provided through each section.

I, however, have hopes that Act 4 quests will provide few opportunities to select magic and rare jewels as quest rewards. I think this would be ideal solution that would allow all players to experience new feature at certain point into the game.

I also hope that sooner than later new master would be introduced that would allow us to craft jewels. Here I go as far as saying that lvl8 master should let us craft unique jewels once a weak. Price should be moderate, again my starting proposal would be 5 - 8 Chaos or equivalents. This expectation might be too daring, at least the unique jewel part, but I have hopes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info