jewels discussion: bringing RNG and Economy to the Passive Tree

"
daemmon wrote:
I think this thread goes too deep into speculation.
It all comes down to one thing, will having amazing jewels feel "mandatory" (as in, you need them to progress) or will they just be "extra power" or the "icing" on a decent/already working build?

I completely agree theres is nothing we really know...

Accept for Charan

I hope the jewels are the extra power/Icing on the cake rather than something that feels mandatory
I dont see any any key!
"
"
johnKeys wrote:

so yeah, "Wall Street" is going to come storming into my quiet fishing village, catch all the fish in the lake I could previously catch myself - and sell them to me for Chaos and Exalts.
and I have a problem with that not because I "refuse using the tools at my disposal".
I have a problem with that, because for two and a half years no one stormed into my village.

two and a half years spent standing on this small piece of dry land called the superfuknawesome skill tree, in the middle of the RNG flood, calling out and begging to GGG to stop the tide.
and now they respond by slowly trickling RNG onto my piece of land too...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperbole

absolutely.

because apparently 6 pages worth of rather articulate posting, isn't enough to get a point through that thick skull of yours.

just say "I got your point, although I still disagree", and we can actually move on to a normal discussion without far-fetched comparisons.
if you are capable of doing that, and I seriously doubt you do - because you aren't here to discuss anything, now are you?
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
"
johnKeys wrote:
"
"
johnKeys wrote:

so yeah, "Wall Street" is going to come storming into my quiet fishing village, catch all the fish in the lake I could previously catch myself - and sell them to me for Chaos and Exalts.
and I have a problem with that not because I "refuse using the tools at my disposal".
I have a problem with that, because for two and a half years no one stormed into my village.

two and a half years spent standing on this small piece of dry land called the superfuknawesome skill tree, in the middle of the RNG flood, calling out and begging to GGG to stop the tide.
and now they respond by slowly trickling RNG onto my piece of land too...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperbole

absolutely.

because apparently 6 pages worth of rather articulate posting, isn't enough to get a point through that thick skull of yours.

just say "I got your point, although I still disagree", and we can actually move on to a normal discussion without far-fetched comparisons.
if you are capable of doing that, and I seriously doubt you do - because you aren't here to discuss anything, now are you?

your just trying to stir shit up at this point aren't you lol

well someone has to dirk is on probation lol
I dont see any any key!
"
k1rage wrote:

your just trying to stir shit up at this point aren't you lol
well someone has to dirk is on probation lol

what I'm trying to do, is get this thread back on track and on topic.
like it was before people who write "lol" twice in two lines, showed up.

as for Dirk, I think it takes a special kind of "courage" to shame-post someone who isn't here to defend himself. but meh what can I expect right? "lol".
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Apr 16, 2015, 3:13:10 PM
"
miljan wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
miljan wrote:

Yea, its not as bad as d3 was on release, but its not much off, as the game is balanced on same principle to push people to trade use ah or farm 10X more if they just want to play the game without AH/trade crap.

At least in d3, trading was fast and doesnt break the flow of the game as much as in PoE (where to even make it work you need to download third party programs and similar crap or spam the trade chat)

PoE is 100x more viable self-found than D3 was when it had an AH. Comparing these two is silly imo. D3's problem was that due to no itemization everyone needed the same items. Add that to the possibility of instatrading endlessly trough the AH and you have Zimbabwe-tier inflation. PoE's economy is actually pretty stable. Trading also isn't a hassle, once you have setup your procurement (takes 5 minutes max) it takes literally a couple of seconds every day to update your shop and that's it. Use buyouts and every trade takes seconds('wtb your shit for *insertbuyout*' 'my ho' 'ty' ty' thats it lol). If you're too lazy to spend a couple of seconds then nobody can help you *shrug*

Its not silly, as I said in my post, they are really same, as both balanced the game around trading. And in PoE case it is worse, as it breaks the flow of the game and is not implemented in the game, unlike in d3.

But at least RMT people are happy, as this is heaven for them (not saying you are using RMT).

Uh okay you're just repeating what you said before while ignoring what I said. They're not the same because see my post. PoE is not worse because see my post. Try again lel.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:

Uh okay you're just repeating what you said before while ignoring what I said. They're not the same because see my post. PoE is not worse because see my post. Try again lel.

The thing is you didnt said anything different. Except that d3 has better and faster trading so you dont need to waste time on it like in PoE (witch is a negative thing for PoE). Does d3 have one item or 10 items, its same shit if both of them cant drop so you need to trade, so it doesnt change anything.

"
miljan wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:

The thing is you didnt said anything different. Except that d3 has better and faster trading so you dont need to waste time on it like in PoE (witch is a negative thing for PoE). Does d3 have one item or 10 items, its same shit if both of them cant drop so you need to trade, so it doesnt change anything.

Zimbabwe-tier inflation vs fairly stable economy. How is the first better just because it's more convenient?
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
miljan wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:

Zimbabwe-tier inflation vs fairly stable economy. How is the first better just because it's more convenient?

Who the fuck cares about inflation in hack and slash game? First one is better because you are playing a arpg game not a trading game. You dont need to waste time on trading as it is done automatically, so you dont need to stop killing monsters. Thats why its better, as it offers better game play and flow without artificial breaks.
"
miljan wrote:

Who the fuck cares about inflation in hack and slash game? First one is better because you are playing a arpg game not a trading game. You dont need to waste time on trading as it is done automatically, so you dont need to stop killing monsters. Thats why its better, as it offers better game play and flow without artificial breaks.

So the couple of seconds you save with the AH outweigh the fact that killing monsters is worth less and less because inflation is through the roof? Makes no sense. And you should care about inflation in a game balanced around the ability to trade, no?
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
miljan wrote:

So the couple of seconds you save with the AH outweigh the fact that killing monsters is worth less and less because inflation is through the roof? Makes no sense. And you should care about inflation in a game balanced around the ability to trade, no?

If you didnt noticed, i hate economy and balance around trade, and thats why I said d3 on beginning was similar as PoE, exactly because of what you said here "balanced around the ability to trade".

No, I dont care about inflation or economy, and thing its a cancer to this game as it lower and make the game worse in so many aspects. So if a game is balanced around trading, as POE is and as D3 was, than I at least want it to be as fast as possible so I waste as less time as I can with that shit.

So no, the inflation will not make anything worse, because I dont care about it. The thing that doesn make sense is trying to make a arpg game around economy, and the only way they can lower the constant rate of inflation (as economy can not work in this type of game anyway) is making trading as much time consuming as possible, and normally 3-4 months leagues.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info