0.9.3f Patch Notes

Is the passive points system working as intended? If so, are the requirements for gems properly adapted?

I feel like passive points aren't important enough, but I've written about this elsewhere:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/12029/page/4

Still, if the system is to remain as-is, then I suppose the only other option is to give you a pop-up on the gem or something that you click to level it up.

That could be pretty interesting, actually, particularly if gems had their own little passive tree (so that a level 3 freezing pulse gem I'm using might have mana costs decreased two times, and your level 3 freezing pulse gem might have damage increased two times instead).

So many interesting things could happen in this game...
mana
----

recharge/consumption of flasks mana regeneration

skill cost vrs mana pool @ lvl 20 my witch with 1 support cost 42 mana i had 240 total mana to refill said mana pool id need 3-4 flask uses for my max level flask

in short
the way mana is right now is so botched early on its anti fun.
dont even wanna think how bad it gets when u wanna use a 4 socket or higher

replay value
------------
i used to enjoy grinding and making various alts in this game. not anymore after 2 lvl 30's with meh passive placement due to dead ends within this horribly placed passive tree. just lost its fun/replay value.

the best thing bout this game was the fact u could have a lvl 65-70 main with 2-3 lvl 40ish alts and have fun within any bracket, openly crafting w/o fear of using certian stones

the way this game is currently it just absorbs too much time for too little gain

if im playing for 2-3 hours the last thing i wanna notice is the fact i found 2-3 orbs for that time invested, ontop of that i got minimal xp and was in town recharing mana more than farming or progressing.

when i notice things of that nature within a game, i question why i played those 2-3 hours and start thinkin bout other games.

pre 9.3 id play 6+ hours a day if i could manage the time to do so. i understand ggg wanted this game harder but the mana/orb rates were prolly the worst way to go about that.

Mmcheetos: Thanks for the feedback. We're try to do what we can to make sure the game stays fun to play while still being hard enough that players aren't walking all over the content too quickly. There are many changes coming that address your concerns in various ways, such as tonight's patch which makes many important currency orbs more common.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Yeah those rare orbs are pretty rare. So far in probably 50+ chaos runs ive found 2 alchemy/0 regal/0 chaos/ 0 exalted.

I'm also luckier then most! Hehe.

and by 50 i mean how ever many you need to go from lv 55-62/4 twice :P

Im watching chris's HC characters grow... am i evil for wanting him to die horribly? Muwhahahaha! ^^

Chars : Brooke, TheSlowOne, ZapBranigan, RaWR, RaWRmao, RaWRville

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info