Emergency, need HC rod right now

"
Grughal wrote:
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
Got rod, now have to farm for Krillson again. You can all go back to your caves now. Thanks for the help, and for those who don't believe, idgaf, your loss.

Krillson is found almost weekly, why not reveal your item and tactics to get it now then?

Can't reveal my item ever, even after it's found, I made a promise to GGG. Others can find it and do what they want, idc. Sorry, don't mean to be rude but I got the rod i I needed so don't really care whether you believe me or not, makes no difference.

gl hf.
Last edited by MonstaMunch on Apr 4, 2015, 10:22:32 AM
"
Grughal wrote:

Thing is, GGG won't let you design something that gives you an in-game benefit just because you know it exists.

One quote on a unique says that there is always a exception,
you should have expected that already.

@Monsta
Your secret is safe, no worries.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
"
MonstaMunch wrote:

Can't reveal my item ever, even after it's found, I made a promise to GGG. Others can find it and do what they want, idc. Sorry, don't mean to be rude but I got the rod i I needed so don't really care whether you believe me or not, makes no difference.

gl hf.

Sorry, my age already has two digits. Your logic only works with those who still have one.
I don't get what you mean and don't care anymore, sorry, thanks for your interest though.
brocollini and johnny_annihilator have a fishing rod on hc for sure.

Ps. I saw that just 12 hours late ;)

Im still stuck trying to find my rod but with the addition of the filters I wont have the feeling that I just dont see my rod drop :)

pps. Shame on you guys not believing in krillson and fishing ts ts ts
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
Last edited by andkamen on Apr 4, 2015, 7:33:07 PM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
As usual... no evidence. You really are a master. Read up on "Russel's Teapot". The burden of proof is on you.

Fortunately, the driving force that pushes science onwards is a desire to know the complete picture and not a contentment that the teapot probably isn't out there. There are a lot of teapot deniers who think it os blasphemy to even look up in the sky and check.

Quantum mechanics was a Russel's teapot at one point. String theory still is a Russel's teapot.

Occam's razor is a russel's teapot.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
DalaiLama wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
As usual... no evidence. You really are a master. Read up on "Russel's Teapot". The burden of proof is on you.

Fortunately, the driving force that pushes science onwards is a desire to know the complete picture and not a contentment that the teapot probably isn't out there. There are a lot of teapot deniers who think it os blasphemy to even look up in the sky and check.

Quantum mechanics was a Russel's teapot at one point. String theory still is a Russel's teapot.

Occam's razor is a russel's teapot.

Those might all be valid examples, fishing in path of exile is not one of them.
Nonsense. All those hypotheses can be tested scientifically. They're not even related to it. Russel was taking about claims which couldn't be tested.
If I recall correctly, the devs have outright stated that there are things in the game that the players haven't figured out yet. Not that I believe the "I promised not to tell anybody" nonsense--but let's not dismiss ALL fishing experiments out of hand.

Especially not when you're being offered cold, hard virtual cash.
FYI: It's not a fantasy story, it's a cosmic horror story.
Last edited by Loreweaver on Apr 5, 2015, 12:08:03 AM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Nonsense. All those hypotheses can be tested scientifically. They're not even related to it. Russel was taking about claims which couldn't be tested.

Tested scientifically would mean falsifiable - since you can't ever prove something is true in science, you can only test it to see if it is false. If the claim has no way of being tested, than the claim is not scientific.

Enough is known about Quantum mechanics to test much of it now, but some of it when tested yields results which falsify other results (particle/wave duality experiments which always show what is being tested for and always falsify what is not being tested for. This either or, but never both contradiction makes sense when you reconcile De Broglie's theory with Heisenberg's uncertainty principle.

Russell's teapot is a red herring. What he states on someone demanding that others accept a claim as true without being able to test it is valid. Russell says nothing about whether the claim is actually true or false. Using his teapot for this is like claiming that monkeys aren't legally people, therefore they can't be protected by the law.

What Russell's teapot would say about fishing in Path of Exile is - if you want Russel to accept the claim of fishing, then show him a method that he can test to find it.

Kind of like the Higg's Boson. They had methods for finding it for quite awhile, but until very recently, it's existence was getting to be doubtful as they pushed the energy limits for where it was theorized to be.

Monsta has provided a method for finding fishing rods, and a few people assert that his method works, while others doubt the method.

It is falsifiable.

The method of fishing has not been provided, so you do not have to accept the claim, but Russell's teapot does not say you can rule it to be false either. Doing so, is a false syllogism.

Monsta did provide a method for anyone with a fishing rod in HC to test his claims. Although, not easy to do, it does make it falsifiable.

Hang on to those HC fishing rods, and you may get a chance to test fishing out for yourself with Monsta some day!

It took a lot to find the Higg's Boson. Apparently, it takes more than the usual shenanigans to find Krillson and fish in Wraeclast.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info