[2.X] Pledge of Spectres, Summoner - 7L spectres, 6L zombies -Update for 2.2 Ascendency?

"
Updated to include most of what you asked for. Let me know if I missed anything!

Awesome, thank you!

I think you did get most everything. You have multiple Vaal Haste gems but I'm assuming that you're either leveling them or charging them to use multiple times during boss fights right? Also not sure if you were going to get into the level process more later, if at all, but I'm using my zombies and arc to progress through most of the content and not using spectres at all since they die so quickly. I'm enjoying the process but I was wondering if you did something similar or had a different gem setup and transitioned? I was looking at other guides and they usually recommended to transition at a higher level.
Last edited by heh220 on Apr 27, 2015, 1:42:09 PM
Hmm, I leveled this summoner 2 leagues ago, but I'll state down what I can remember while leveling.

I got a Bones of Ullr unique boots, socket BBBB
4L - Raise spectre + raise zombie + minion life + minion resistance

I used this when sockets were scarce and I did not have multiple copies of minion life/resists, this will help in leveling up since you minions are a bit more tanky, plus with the early game rush to +1 spectre on the passive tree you can raise 3 evangelists.

However later on you can split the zombies and spectres once you have enough gems and sockets, prioritize survivabilty on both in the early game since they die to almost anything.

What happened later was NORMAL evangelists will carry you all the way to CRUEL solaris(flame sentinels), followed by CRUEL evangelists.

Cruel evangelists should have at least 4L-BBBB
Spectre + Increase Aoe + Conc effect + Echo or Minion Damage

These guys will carry you till merciless solaris(flame sentinels) then using the sentinels you just progress through till merciless evangelists.

On the way if you get a +2 minion helm with decent stats, chuck in your zombies 4L-BBRR
Zombies + Life + multistrike + melee physical damage.

Remember to prioritize taking the minion resists and life nodes first in the early game, you can grab a few life nodes on the way for yourself if you feel you're getting overwhelmed.
Hello,

Was just trying out this build a couple of days ago, and I was wondering if there's any better way to summon evangelsts then I'm currently doing?

What I'm doing is I go to sceptre of god, and put desecrate on gorund and try summoning them, but it causes some trouble as I summon 2 at a time because of the built in spell echo on staff, so if I summon an evangelist and theres another kind of mob next to it, then it summons the mob I dont want as well.. so it takes quite a bit of time to get 4 evangelists up for me with this technique.

Any tips what I could do better?
Hey there,

I've added the question to my Q&A section, but here's a copy of it for convenience!

How to summon Spectres with Echo?

First you need to check your hotkey for "Corpse Targetting" the default is "A" but it might be different if you changed the hotkey.

For a typical summon you just need to hold A and select the corpse you wish to reanimate, however with echo this poses a problem since you cast the reanimation spell twice.

To eliminate this issue, use raise zombie/detonate dead to clear out the unwanted corpses in the vicinity. Remember to type /oos to resync the corpses, sometimes the corpses are not where they actually appear to be!

Once all unwanted corpses are cleared, you are free to raise spectre without any issue.

Eg. Desecrate x1 = Evangelist, voidbearer, Aristocrat
Step 1: Hold A and Raise Zombie/Detonate Dead on the Voidbearer and Aristocrat corpses.
Step 2: Select Evangelist and Raise Spectre(2nd cast will not succeed since there are no possible corpses to reanimate)

EDIT: If you are not using Pledge of Hands, just take out the echo gem and summon the spectres like you would normally then put the echo gem back in when you are done.
Last edited by KenXtreme on Apr 28, 2015, 4:38:08 AM
"
KenXtreme wrote:
Hey there,

I've added the question to my Q&A section, but here's a copy of it for convenience!

How to summon Spectres with Echo?

First you need to check your hotkey for "Corpse Targetting" the default is "A" but it might be different if you changed the hotkey.

For a typical summon you just need to hold A and select the corpse you wish to reanimate, however with echo this poses a problem since you cast the reanimation spell twice.

To eliminate this issue, use raise zombie/detonate dead to clear out the unwanted corpses in the vicinity. Remember to type /oos to resync the corpses, sometimes the corpses are not where they actually appear to be!

Once all unwanted corpses are cleared, you are free to raise spectre without any issue.

Eg. Desecrate x1 = Evangelist, voidbearer, Aristocrat
Step 1: Hold A and Raise Zombie/Detonate Dead on the Voidbearer and Aristocrat corpses.
Step 2: Select Evangelist and Raise Spectre(2nd cast will not succeed since there are no possible corpses to reanimate)

EDIT: If you are not using Pledge of Hands, just take out the echo gem and summon the spectres like you would normally then put the echo gem back in when you are done.

Awesome, thanks mate, you helped me alot!
Love the build btw... So easy & safe to play, and also a very good choice for MF!
"
Hmm, I leveled this summoner 2 leagues ago, but I'll state down what I can remember while leveling.

I got a Bones of Ullr unique boots, socket BBBB
4L - Raise spectre + raise zombie + minion life + minion resistance

I used this when sockets were scarce and I did not have multiple copies of minion life/resists, this will help in leveling up since you minions are a bit more tanky, plus with the early game rush to +1 spectre on the passive tree you can raise 3 evangelists.

However later on you can split the zombies and spectres once you have enough gems and sockets, prioritize survivabilty on both in the early game since they die to almost anything.

What happened later was NORMAL evangelists will carry you all the way to CRUEL solaris(flame sentinels), followed by CRUEL evangelists.

Cruel evangelists should have at least 4L-BBBB
Spectre + Increase Aoe + Conc effect + Echo or Minion Damage

These guys will carry you till merciless solaris(flame sentinels) then using the sentinels you just progress through till merciless evangelists.

On the way if you get a +2 minion helm with decent stats, chuck in your zombies 4L-BBRR
Zombies + Life + multistrike + melee physical damage.

Remember to prioritize taking the minion resists and life nodes first in the early game, you can grab a few life nodes on the way for yourself if you feel you're getting overwhelmed.

This is some really solid advice. Thanks so much!

Also, which gems are important to have quality on? I'm assuming the Raise gems are important and the auras aren't as prioritized.

Do you also need to have multiple Vaal Haste gems?
Last edited by heh220 on Apr 28, 2015, 8:45:55 PM
Hmm, I'd say the following should be prioritized first

1) Raise Zombie
2) Minion Life
3) Minion Damage
4) Increased Aoe
5) Other decent support gems
6) Not so good Q bonuses like Raise spectre and Conc effect(reduce MP cost)

Spectre gems have pretty bad quality bonuses(movement speed) so they should'nt be a priority first.

Take note you can use the 20Q recipe with a level 20 gem.

Level 20 gem + 1 Gemcutter prism = Level 1 gem with 20Q
Usually you do these to the support gems.
As for spectre and zombie gems you will have to level an alternate gem or use 20gcp on the gem itself. Playing with level 1 zombies when you are in maps will be painful D:
Last edited by KenXtreme on May 2, 2015, 2:53:09 PM
Any chance for a video of you showcasing the Spectres - Flame Sentinels and how well they do with the setup you are using. It would be greatly appriciated! :)
"Had they not taken my home with fire, I would not have taken their children." Witch -
Hey Rmpz!

Just uploaded 3 videos of flame sentinels ONLY runs, I've added them to my original post under videos.

Figured doing spectre ONLY runs would fully showcase their potential in high level maps, so you get a rough idea of what they can do without your zombies!

For convenience:

I've also been thinking of doing other spectre ONLY runs, let me know if anyone has any request.

*Must be a caster mob to be affected by spell echo

Current list:
1) Evangelists
2) Undying Incinerators
Last edited by KenXtreme on May 4, 2015, 7:44:16 AM
arc mages?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info