Increasing horisontal field of view in PoE

Would this also work inverting the dimensions to increase the vertical FoV instead?
Thanks for sharing this. Definetelly trying it.

The Q
ign:Qvaza
thanks for info.
IGN: MsAnnoyance
Wow, I just popped the game into windowed mode and reduced the window's height to the minimum, the difference is shocking: http://i.imgur.com/mxvuTSe.jpg

Is there any way I could forcibly stretch the game to fit the entire screen on an AMD card?(I understand that everything will appear strangely tall)

This some really weird scaling.
http://i.imgur.com/8fqgfAh.png
Last edited by rinleezwins on Apr 4, 2015, 2:17:51 PM
"
rinleezwins wrote:
Wow, I just popped the game into windowed mode and reduced the window's height to the minimum, the difference is shocking: http://i.imgur.com/mxvuTSe.jpg

Is there any way I could forcibly stretch the game to fit the entire screen on an AMD card?(I understand that everything will appear strangely tall)

This some really weird scaling.

Not weird at all. For example pretty much all FPS and other first person view games use horizontal scaling, the same as in PoE.

Your example illustrates the results even better, but it is probably not practical to play as the text becomes too small and hard to read. I would advise against trying to stretch this vertically, it would be horrific ;)

"
Jonmcdonald wrote:
Would this also work inverting the dimensions to increase the vertical FoV instead?

No. The vertical FoV is fixed, it is the same regardless of what resolution you use.
By increasing height you just reduce the area you see horizontally.

Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
Last edited by Shajirr on Apr 4, 2015, 3:23:08 PM
this stuff should be banned, seriously. More vision across the normal view we usually have? WTF? They should make this illegal, and ban people that do this and then provide set views in the UI to choose from.

More view to see mobs from off screen, yeah, seems legit.
"
this stuff should be banned, seriously. More vision across the normal view we usually have? WTF? They should make this illegal, and ban people that do this and then provide set views in the UI to choose from.

Nope! What you proposed sounds completely ridiculous. They can't just disable support for resolutions other than the most common one, this is some EA style bullshit you are talking about. It will result in many negative reviews of the game.

Also, as 21:9 becomes more popular, PoE would loose potential new players who simply won't be able to play it with their native monitor resolution.
Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
Last edited by Shajirr on Apr 4, 2015, 4:39:17 PM
"

Haha, your salt is unreal maboy. LMAO.
Nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
how the hell would they ban changing your monitor resolution....i really hope that was a sarcastic comment.
i <3 minesweeper
Last edited by Runeword on Apr 4, 2015, 5:48:56 PM
"

Not happening for several obvious (or not?) reasons.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info