Recommend Me a Good Anime (Samkiud's "to Watch" List)

Anyone watched Legend of Galactic Heroes here? (which I recommended).

I've checked the whole thread, nobody mentioned Hunter x Hunter..
PoE-TradeMacro - https://github.com/PoE-TradeMacro/POE-TradeMacro/
ExileTrade - http://exiletrade.github.io/
"
Anyone watched Legend of Galactic Heroes here? (which I recommended).

Yeah i was going to mention hunter x hunter.

There really isn't any boring parts in that anime.

Main characters traveling for a long time? doesnt matter, you dont get to see all the boring bullshit, straight back to the action!

also gonxkillua :3
Ugh effort
My tastes differ quite a bit from yours. I watch a lot more over the top and slice of life. most of the "serious" anime I've watched are just highly recommended on MAL.

btw, MAL (or MyAnimeList) is pretty comprehensive if you're looking for a genre to suit your tastes.
just be wary of the forums there though. It's a whole different beast compared to here. :P

Anyway, for serious stuff I got that hasn't appeared (unless I missed it; didn't really read all the damn replies)

- Monster
- Death Parade
- Mushishi (not really psychological. each episode can stand alone. best to watch on a rainy afternoon)

for not so serious or over the top stuff I got:

-Kill la Kill
-Gurren Lagann

Stuff that falls in between?
-Fate Series
-FMA:B
-Evangelion
-Hyouka (Detective show, without all the killings)
-Sidonia no Kishi
-Guilty Crown

nyaa.se and horriblesubs.info for resources.

Spoiler
I'm surprised nobody told you about boku no pico yet.

Forgot to mention Tokyo Ghoul, Nanatsu no Taizai, and the Toaru Railgun/Index stuff.

Summer Wars and Kotonoha no Niwa as movies for the freaking visuals alone.
Better stay in the land of the damned, Exile. Here, even the very words are corrupted by Nightmare.
Last edited by enveratise on Apr 5, 2015, 2:21:30 PM
"

Well, that is because Hunter x Hunter is more of an action shounen series like Dragonball and One Piece, but it does have some psychological moments.

Also, which one are you recommending, the original or 2011 version? While the first one has the old school vibe, the 2011 version went much farther ahead in the storyline. The 2011 version stops right before the latest arc in the manga (which once again, the mangaka goes on hiatus).
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

• Aoi Bungaku (6)

• I made an effort to watch it, but got bored with the first episode. Slow paced with a negative and down atmosphere. Very pessimistic if we consider the author of the first short story committed suicide. Very well produced though.

Now I'll go with Elfen Lied.
  • Last edited by Samkiud on Apr 6, 2015, 5:19:14 PM
    I've been binging Jojo's Bizarre adventure for the past couple of weeks, and it's pretty incredible. I think there's an anime (or two?) to go with it, but it hasn't caught up with the manga, which is a shame because Stone Ocean and Steel Ball Run are excellent. The only thing is the manga spans more than 25 actual years of content, so it's taken a long time to even read as much as I have.

Knights of Sidonia is cool, but it's only one season so far, and honestly doesn't have a strong opening. The anime finished before introducing any of the genuinely weird stuff, which is a shame. It also finished before introducing the best character.

I watched all of Death note recently. It's got a really good dynamic, and it's an entertaining battle of wits, but it does go off the rails later. It was also kind of frustrating that Kira initially seemed to exude a field that made everyone he gets close to really dumb, and likely to fall for the most transparent ruses. Fortunately, L starts giving him a proper run for his money before too long.

Attack on Titan is also good, and has some extremely well choreographed aerial fight scenes.
    Gameplay & Level Design
    Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
    Wow, I didn't know Jojo's Bizarre adventure was so big :o
    Ugh effort
    "
    Dan_GGG wrote:
    I've been binging Jojo's Bizarre adventure for the past couple of weeks, and it's pretty incredible. I think there's an anime (or two?) to go with it, but it hasn't caught up with the manga, which is a shame because Stone Ocean and Steel Ball Run are excellent. The only thing is the manga spans more than 25 actual years of content, so it's taken a long time to even read as much as I have.

The first two parts of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure has already been adapted into anime a couple of years ago, and Stardust Crusaders (there is actually two seasons, with the first season finishing up last year, and the second is still not done possibly until late June) is currently airing, and is around 3/4 done with Stardust Crusaders.

Diamond Is Unbreakable will probably be just as long as Stardust Crusaders will be with the amount of episodes, and I am not sure when part 4 will air in Japan.

Then there is Vento Aureo, and finally the two parts you mentioned. Of course, there is also JoJolion which comes after Steel Ball Run. I would not be surprised if JoJolion airs in about ten years from now with the pace they are going with the series. lol

But yea, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure is one of a kind. :)
    Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
    - raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Apr 6, 2015, 10:28:40 PM
    actually didnt notice that Fullmetal Alchemist / Steins;gate / Clannad After Story are the most voted anime, saw a bit of Fullmetal alchemist looks fine but not hooked at all..agree with Steins;gate about the third one my eyes cant stand with the characters draw style(sad puppy eyes everywhere and also looks kinda girlish) but this Clannad ones according to everyone is on the Top3 Most saddest anime of all times.

source:http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/ratings-anime.php
    "
    dimraiden wrote:
    actually didnt notice that Fullmetal Alchemist / Steins;gate / Clannad After Story are the most voted anime, saw a bit of Fullmetal alchemist looks fine but not hooked at all..agree with Steins;gate about the third one my eyes cant stand with the characters draw style(sad puppy eyes everywhere and also looks kinda girlish) but this Clannad ones according to everyone is on the Top3 Most saddest anime of all times.

source:http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/ratings-anime.php

Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood is ranked number 1 in MyAnimeList and AniDB (on average), and Steins;Gate is pretty much up their neck to neck, so it seems legit to an extent. I like all three series badly, though I have both Clannad: After Story and Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood on my top five favorite anime series of all time with Steins;Gate sitting inside my top 10 (not sure what position). Those two were just about out of this world for me in every category, and kept me hooked throughout the whole way. It is really really difficult to hook me into marathoning (going more than half a day just watching from the same series) an anime show, and a very few as ever got me to do it. This is from someone who watched almost every genre there is.

In the end I found those three a masterpiece, but sadly I got other masterpieces of my own in the top 5 besides the two I already mentioned. I know this is my opinion, but when something really impresses you to the point that you become speechless, it is tough not to be biased. :\
    - raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Apr 8, 2015, 6:23:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info