Real QOL improvement

"
Chris wrote:
"
Any thoughts on Necrovigil, Chris? I'd rather it be gone than P. Link. Kiting mobs screens away just so their last point of life can disappear -- often automatically because they're on fire frequently -- is far more annoying than P. Link, IMO.

The design guys were talking about Necrovigil in the same conversation but I honestly can't remember what the decision was. They're certainly aware that it's frustrating.

Anything thats remotely challenging these days in games is deemed frustrating. Reflect has also been called frustrating and so was the XP penalty but both stay. And i dealt with PLink in the 1 month enough to say it is not frustrating to me, it was quite fun actually trying to get around tons of other mobs in that master mission cave, awesome challenge.
Thanks Chris!

I am glad it will be reworked as I personally find them frustrating more from the point of view of when you are chasing the right mob that can be damaged around and just running back and forth wasting time.
"
Chris wrote:
Consider it gone.

My suggestion is maybe have so that the 1 target that has the "p-link aura" on him takes normal damage and all other blue mobs in the p-link mod takes alot less damage but still do take damage that would be okay
IGN: alba
"
bitV wrote:
"
TikoXi wrote:
If I'm brutally honest, I think necrovigil is mostly fine. You just need to reduce the AOE on the markers, or make it inversely proportional to packsize/mapsize or something.

This^

All Necrovigil needs is a reduction in the size of the AOE, in tight areas right now it's extremely game breaking. I basically had a map completely shut-off in bloodlines because of a large necrovigil pack in a narrow corridor very early on in a map that was too dangerous to simply run though, but impossible to kill because the necrovigil AOE of 4 dead monsters effectively allowed the rest of those chaos trapper things just stand back and lob shit at me while being totally unable to kill them, and too close to the entrance to kite them back.

You do realize that clearing the corpse removes the vigil, right? Even if you don't keep it with you usually, in that situation you could have went back and grabbed a flesh offering, then cleared the corpses and went about your day.
"
exodus820 wrote:
I don't consider necrovigil as a problem because you have ways to counter it. A crit Phys build or freezer can shatter the corpse, casters in general can detonate or make offerings. But Plink, hands down nothing players can do except for being a slave and follow the stupid circle. It gets absolutely ridiculous when it spawns on blue packs that's hasted with mods where you can't even skip them. They will end up chasing you the entire map and be immune to damage.

Exactly this. I don't mind challenging Additions to the game, like obelisk, living blood, voidspawn. With necrovigil there is counter play, with p link there's nothing you can do but kill them one by one. When a huge pack is spread out over several rooms, this is a nightmare.

One of the main problems with Plink is the timer for transferring. There's a set timer to transfer to a new mob, let's for examples sake say it's 7 seconds. When you kill a mob, it also transfers, however this doesn't reset the timer. So often I would kill a mob, see it transfer to the next room, run to that mob, then see it transfer again like 2 seconds later.
Last edited by Nerdicide on Mar 28, 2015, 2:59:40 PM
Cool, its getting the AoF treatment.
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right!" Henry Ford
id rather see those annoying totems gone than plink or the insta kill explosions you fail to see in a crowded room.. i know lets just remove bloodlines mods
These mods are only situationally annoying. What needs to be looked at is the situations, and how they interact with the mods.

P-link is really annoying when applied to larger groups. My advice for a change would be to have about 20% of the group "active", so that a group of 10 would have two actives and 15 would have 3. That would make it far less annoying and not rip the heart out of it.

Same principle would work with necrovigil. Have only a percent of them, I'd go with 80%, leave circles.
Welp, I guess I'll be buying a nice supporter pack.

Thanks for removing P-Link. Worst anything in every game ever... that's not Blizzard cuz all their design decisions are terrible.
oh NO you didn't, T15 corrupted map boss fight, and guess what (in a tight space mind you and blade vortex - which, totally bugs out anytime you meet this stupid mod) the extra added mobs had that mod, could not move, boss comes over, you know the story, lame. And just in case that wasn't enough an extra cannot die totem just for good measure, its not even a challenge its just lame, its not about learn too play, I know how to play but if your plan to get people too die is too bug out their comp so its death via lame game-mods, then sure - YOU HAVE ACHIEVED THAT, well done, pat yourself on the back and remember that you did it well.

So once again, if you haven't figured it out, remove the ability of extra mobs in boss fights specifically to have that bloodlines mob, its fine in normal play - but super lame in a boss fight where the aim is the boss, not added mobs which should be able to be dealt with, sure a cannot die totem is fine, but having toe concentrate on killing mobs out of the green markers is unrealistic.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info