Real QOL improvement

i love you chris!
To be honest I wouldn't mind 5 minute long fights mixed in between fast fights as long as it's worth the time and effort.

The issue is often effort vs reward.

When a mob with PLink gives exactly the same as a mob with some other easy mod, then obviously people consider PLink frustrating.
Forum Warrior - Why are you creating a thread about this subject? Use Search!
Also Forum Warrior - Nice necro.
"
TikoXi wrote:
If I'm brutally honest, I think necrovigil is mostly fine. You just need to reduce the AOE on the markers, or make it inversely proportional to packsize/mapsize or something.

This^

All Necrovigil needs is a reduction in the size of the AOE, in tight areas right now it's extremely game breaking. I basically had a map completely shut-off in bloodlines because of a large necrovigil pack in a narrow corridor very early on in a map that was too dangerous to simply run though, but impossible to kill because the necrovigil AOE of 4 dead monsters effectively allowed the rest of those chaos trapper things just stand back and lob shit at me while being totally unable to kill them, and too close to the entrance to kite them back.
The whole reason I love the new monster types is they make the game more engaging. Necrovigil needs the area reduced (and the two-death crab bug is annoying), but other than that, they're all pretty amazing.

If the designers want to rework it though, then it will turn out better than before. I have seen this happen before, and GGG is good at fixing things which really didn't need fixing.
Better LootNotification & Pirtical disable pls and u have me again
"
Chris wrote:
"
Xyiki wrote:
wow.. you people are unbelievable. it was added to the game to make it a bit more challenging and just like that it's gone? great.

The current decision from the design team is to remove it in the expansion and then rework it internally (to something that's more fun, as people kinda hate it right now) and then bring it back in a future update.

sounds like a good Decision
Keep calm, play PoE, drink Tea & listen to Prog!

Exiled.eu ... deutsche PoE-Community mit News, TS3, Guides & vielen netten Leuten :)
guys problem with plink is not how hard is it, problem is making player experience more frustrating and making UX better is a idea of game design
The biggest problem with Plink is not really difficulty, I never find it actually difficult to do Plink or Necrovigil. The problem is they slow the game down too much, there is at the moment no incentive to do them. The more difficult the mod the more reward should be associated with them. Really all the mods should actually have a +quantity/quality assigned to them so that more difficult mobs actually drop more/better items. Then it would be fun to do those hard mods rather than something you see and think ohh damn another Plink it would instead be nice a Plink maybee I will get some better loot.
"
Xyiki wrote:
wow.. you people are unbelievable. it was added to the game to make it a bit more challenging and just like that it's gone? great.

wow it look like you played around zero seconds in bloodlines yet you are in love with p link somehow ?

typical .......
I don't consider necrovigil as a problem because you have ways to counter it. A crit Phys build or freezer can shatter the corpse, casters in general can detonate or make offerings. But Plink, hands down nothing players can do except for being a slave and follow the stupid circle. It gets absolutely ridiculous when it spawns on blue packs that's hasted with mods where you can't even skip them. They will end up chasing you the entire map and be immune to damage.
2.0 ain't no melee patch.
Last edited by exodus820 on Mar 28, 2015, 4:44:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info