Real QOL improvement

"
Any thoughts on Necrovigil, Chris? I'd rather it be gone than P. Link. Kiting mobs screens away just so their last point of life can disappear -- often automatically because they're on fire frequently -- is far more annoying than P. Link, IMO.

The design guys were talking about Necrovigil in the same conversation but I honestly can't remember what the decision was. They're certainly aware that it's frustrating.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Otherworldly does PL's job perfectly. Things that can be done:
- Make PL packs roam close together or unlink if the mob goes more than half a screen away from the pack.
- Don't allow PL packs inside closed maps with rooms or tight corridors like Museum or Mine.
- Make it so that PL has limited interactions and crossover with other BL mods, such as sprinkler obelisks, especially in tight areas.
- Drop PL from more mobs, like leapers, or don't give immune to dmg mobs the ability to get stacked with auras from rares such as haste or powerful crits.
- Allow leech at a lower rate or handicap the invincible mobs in some way - dmg, attack/cast/movement speed, or some other way.
- Change it so that the plink rarely jumps far away from the closest player to a mob you can't really get to. Or somehow make it so that if the plink is far from the player, it jumps to another random location faster than normal.
- do not spawn plink packs in extreme proximity to the TP in a map when you first zone in so that you can't even kite and your only option is move ahead (if you can) into other packs that could cause desync, PL getting random buffs, etc.

Or something completely different. But do not slow gameplay in a frustrating manner, especially with combinations with other BL mods, totems, auras, map mods and so on. Otherworldly is great for that (some tweaks might still apply, like for instance lowering the chance of getting it on a leaper pack).
Some of those can also be considered for changing Necrovigil. Although that is fine for the most part - just limit the spawn in tight locations and don't make it an aura. if it's even 1cm out of the circle - it's fair game.
IGN: MyOtherRangerDied // DontBeStupidAndDieAgain // GenericSporkerWitch
https://google.com
Last edited by liquidSG on Mar 27, 2015, 10:31:44 PM
THE GAME IS SAVED PRAISE RNGSUS

Necrovigil and otherworldly are more than enough "wait to kill these mobs" mechanics, and 500 times less frustrating. There are of course ways you could make plink less frustrating but why even bother? Good riddance I say. Thanks Chris!
"
TheWretch wrote:
im seriously starting to think they are going to pull a Rambo level slaughter. Chris is dropping bombs left right n center

And that's fucking great.
"
Samkiud wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:
im seriously starting to think they are going to pull a Rambo level slaughter. Chris is dropping bombs left right n center

And that's fucking great.

amen brother
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
P-link in its current state is terrible, no doubt about that. I do think a mod like P-link can work on blue packs though. Maybe make non-marked mobs take some damage rather than none but reduce it (50% less?) and make the marked mob take more damage (20% more?) to give players the incentive to attack the marked mob but not punish them too hard for attacking the other ones. Also, the pack would need some kind of constraint to an area to make sure they do not go too far away from each other which happens a lot, especially with gulls as if they were not annoying enough. Or better yet, restrict the mod to only certain mob types, ones that do not have insane movement speed and always appear close together. I can see what GGG was thinking when designing this mod originally, just it does not work in practice in its current state. Glad to see it being removed for now and hopefully it will be fun when it comes back.
Quick, Shavs and Mirrors and Hookers for everyone! I want a redhead plz chris.
"
Chris wrote:
"
Any thoughts on Necrovigil, Chris? I'd rather it be gone than P. Link. Kiting mobs screens away just so their last point of life can disappear -- often automatically because they're on fire frequently -- is far more annoying than P. Link, IMO.

The design guys were talking about Necrovigil in the same conversation but I honestly can't remember what the decision was. They're certainly aware that it's frustrating.

If I'm brutally honest, I think necrovigil is mostly fine. You just need to reduce the AOE on the markers, or make it inversely proportional to packsize/mapsize or something.
"If you’re incompetent, you can’t know you’re incompetent. […] the skills you need to produce a right answer are exactly the skills you need to recognize what a right answer is." ~David Dunning
How about hitting the active one damages the entire pack?
Berek's Grip Ice Spear
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/780707
Budget Magicfind and/or Hardcore Flame Totem
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1211543
Personally I think that things like the Voidspawns and Living Blood are a much better way of slowing the game down than plink. If you're not careful you end up waking up something big that can dish out a good amount of damage and cause you all sorts of horrible problems.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info