master crafting ruined this game

"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:

It wasn't just that hybrid alone was OP, it was the fact it was OP when combined with everything else masters gave to you. Hell when it was cheaper to craft a dagger with MUCH more dps then binos rather then buying one there is a problem.

They COULD have kept the hybrid mod in standard, but we saw in the leagues it was WAY too cost efficient to craft a weapon.

Removing did a bunch, it should never be cheaper to craft a better weapon with masters then it is to buy a unique that was designed specifically for that purpose of niche crit dagger. It should be really expensive for a nice dagger, not just roll whatever, multimod, hybrid and GG.

What do you mean balance around it, do you have any ideas all I hear is complaints about how they removed it, if you are so wise on how it wasn't OP, please explain why.

but one can argue the real culprit of that is still in the game , elreon's multi mod.

you yourself said it was op when in conjunction with other mods. that is exactly why i said the real op mods were the ones at master level 8.

of course its going to be op if you can craft 4 master mods on a bow with 2 good stats. This is STILL true even now.

by cutting out the hybrid all one did is diminish the value of rares that rolled without it and uber inflated the ones that were made with it.

but elreaon can still get you crit , attack speed , flat physical % physical.

Difference is what you can make better goes from anything that has 1-2 good stats to needing it to have 1 specific stat if you want the best weapon possible. Without some restriction on what you can make "the best" then literally any high ilevel ambusher, harbringer, ect can become top tier weapons for a very cheap price, at least in terms of DPS.

Weapons without the hyrbid mod are still powerful they just aren't super GG.

I'd love for someone to post the tier differences, before and after master modding so we could have something to compare.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
i would like to make an observation , you only used crit weapons as your examples......

that is debatable , as really good weapons would have still needed at-least 1 or 2 t1 mods (probably flaring or tyrannical) which had their chances dramatically reduced around the same time all this master mayhem was taking place.

I never quite understood why it was such a terrible thing to be able to make decent mid- high tier weapons using this method,

assuming one starts from scratch it could easily take 2 - 10 exalted orbs worth of currency just to get one of the base t1 mods , and a similar amount for a combination of two desired t2 mods.

then elreon's mod costs 2 exalted orbs flat , and of course the mods themselves added a 1/3 exa to the cost 4 - 12 exa to craft a decent item seems perfectly reasonable to me.

the people who were angry were the ones who are now selling these weapons for 30 - 50 exalted orbs in standard, which is fucking retarded.

if anything ggg could have throttled the value a bunch by simply adding exalted orbs to the cost of the elreon master mod.

350 dps crit harbinger bow too cheap at 5 - 10 exa ? well make elreons mod 5 exa now that bow is 7 - 13 ealted orbs.

poe prior to masters was plagued with horrible rng based gear progression in which finding a real upgrade was a pain in the ass ( and the main reason why spells kick ass, so cheap to build spells).

for normal people crafting prior to masters was something left to spoiled rich dudes that played path of economy or botted or rmt, or did anything other than played the game for a healthy period of time.

now it is almost back to square one , sure some weapons you find one can throw on a master mod and call it a day , but generally the mod missing is that god damn hybrid mod.

if anything the mod to lose should have been the crit mod since it basically made free 9% crit weapons every where, not the bloody hybrid mod.

how is that fair to non crit builds ?
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Mar 27, 2015, 2:50:46 PM
"
now it is almost back to square one , sure some weapons you find one can throw on a master mod and call it a day , but generally the mod missing is that god damn hybrid mod.

Thats the whole point though, why should you be able to pick up any item that has 1T1 roll and turn it into a really good weapon for basically nothing, yes all the removal of this mod does is change what mod MUST already be on it for GG it limits the ability to turn anything into something spectacular.

Hybrid removal is perfectly fine, we saw plenty of builds adapt to it this past league.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
Last edited by goetzjam on Mar 27, 2015, 2:54:43 PM
by your view , all mods should be removed because in any one situation a certain master mod would complete a bis item.

again i point to crit , a 7.5 crit harbinger is notably weaker than a 9.0 harbinger , why has no one complained about that? its basically 10 - 15% crit chance difference and even more on higher base crit weapons.

"
Majmun wrote:
"
sanleon wrote:
"
lolbam wrote:
i was looking back at my old characters from passed leagues and i saw how bad my gear was compaired to now

i used to have to buy items from other people to get the stats i need now i can just hero editor what ever stats i need

You have max lvl = 89. Thats not even end game for me

Your post is invalid and worthless (in terms of end game)

You don't have lvl100 char. Your point is invalid.

You don't play HC. Your point is invalid.

You dont have supporter title. Your point is invalid.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info