master crafting ruined this game

Sorry to dissapoint you but u cannot level characters by playing forum lol
Last edited by sanleon on Mar 23, 2015, 5:31:25 PM
"
sanleon wrote:
"
lolbam wrote:
i was looking back at my old characters from passed leagues and i saw how bad my gear was compaired to now

i used to have to buy items from other people to get the stats i need now i can just hero editor what ever stats i need

You have max lvl = 89. Thats not even end game for me

Your post is invalid and worthless (in terms of end game)

You don't have lvl100 char. Your point is invalid.

You don't play HC. Your point is invalid.
I don't actually don't think Master Crafting ruined the game - I like the idea of it. I don't really like how it was implemented. It's made currency orbs just currency and reduced usage of the orbs on items at a bare minimum. You just trade it away, don't use them. Buy other players master crafted hand-me-downs at a ridiculous price. You might find some sick item to use benches on it. Could probably buy better at a premium unless you really need an upgrade. It's removed most of the randomness of drops because that's actually one of the problems with items, where mid/late game you require mods needing combination of high rolls and stacked mods which is the method of diluting great items where you could just extend the number of mods to do other things which are only available high level and adjust probability and ranges of mod rolls and mods themselves.

I think it would have been better if existing mods on items could only be upgraded by benches, and master benches provide mods that don't naturally appear on items. It eliminates a iffy problem regarding availability of mods especially detecting hybrids and you can see what common mods it has, doesn't make currency completely crap outside trade, Elreon meta mod no longer the shit, high level derp drops became pretty good. Shit rolls on items to upgrade is more fair than item having empty mod. Available bench upgrades have to be reduced.

I have a weird perspective on Forsaken Masters. It basically nuked what makes ARPGs somewhat appealing which are drops. You just buy it. Masters just makes everything significantly cheaper and more effective, you just buy stuff. Game has issues with making items interesting outside of uniques, and too bad Masters unique mods on item types doesn't go far enough.
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
i still want the hybrid mod back in the game , that is all

Of course you want it, it is OP.

IMO it should have never been added, now people suffer in standard\hc because of it. PVP in standard\HC suffers because of it.

no it wasn't since everyone could have it provided enough time , and it was half the value of the t1 version. and could be acquired before m level 8 where the REAL op mods are given out.

people only suffer in pvp , because ggg removed it , without removing the mod on items that already crafted it , they made it legacy which is a wonderful way of fucking things up.

removing that mod did nothing for balance , not a thing, The rich still have the best shit and the poor dont. the difference now is the subsection of rich got smaller and the subsection of poor got larger ... yay.... it just closed the door for the slower people .

they should have just bit the bullet and left it in and balanced around it .

Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Mar 26, 2015, 2:32:21 PM
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
i still want the hybrid mod back in the game , that is all

Of course you want it, it is OP.

IMO it should have never been added, now people suffer in standard\hc because of it. PVP in standard\HC suffers because of it.

no it wasn't since everyone could have it provided enough time , and it was half the value of the t1 version. and could be acquired before m level 8 where the REAL op mods are given out.

people only suffer in pvp , because ggg removed it , without removing the mod on items that already crafted it , they made it legacy which is a wonderful way of fucking things up.

removing that mod did nothing for balance , not a thing, The rich still have the best shit and the poor dont. the difference now is the subsection of rich got smaller and the subsection of poor got larger ... yay.... it just closed the door for the slower people .

they should have just bit the bullet and left it in and balanced around it .

It wasn't just that hybrid alone was OP, it was the fact it was OP when combined with everything else masters gave to you. Hell when it was cheaper to craft a dagger with MUCH more dps then binos rather then buying one there is a problem.

They COULD have kept the hybrid mod in standard, but we saw in the leagues it was WAY too cost efficient to craft a weapon.

Removing did a bunch, it should never be cheaper to craft a better weapon with masters then it is to buy a unique that was designed specifically for that purpose of niche crit dagger. It should be really expensive for a nice dagger, not just roll whatever, multimod, hybrid and GG.

What do you mean balance around it, do you have any ideas all I hear is complaints about how they removed it, if you are so wise on how it wasn't OP, please explain why.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
lolbam wrote:
i was looking back at my old characters from passed leagues and i saw how bad my gear was compaired to now

i used to have to buy items from other people to get the stats i need now i can just hero editor what ever stats i need

If your old gear was that bad it only says you were not good at trading back then. And because your "hero editor" can't roll t1 mods you will never be able to get BIS gear with it. All that master crafting does is making the game easier for new players. And trading is not really affected. Ok, you can't sell every low level crap for a shitload of currency today but getting the perfect gear is still almost impossible without a LOT of trading.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
I think master crafting is great. However, i think its a failure how hard it is to level them each league.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
I think the idea of crafting essential affixes, but at values lower than you can find or gamble, is a good thing. Actually, for an affix-driven itemization, a genius move.

What I do not think was a good idea was introducing affixes exclusive to crafting which cannot be found (and found better) in the wild. All of those master-specific affixes, without exception, should exist (in even stronger form, if possible) as rare affixes.

And to make it worse, put the most useful of them (for PvE) on the PvP master.

That gets me so... foookin... mad!!
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Mar 27, 2015, 3:26:45 AM
"
goetzjam wrote:

It wasn't just that hybrid alone was OP, it was the fact it was OP when combined with everything else masters gave to you. Hell when it was cheaper to craft a dagger with MUCH more dps then binos rather then buying one there is a problem.

They COULD have kept the hybrid mod in standard, but we saw in the leagues it was WAY too cost efficient to craft a weapon.

Removing did a bunch, it should never be cheaper to craft a better weapon with masters then it is to buy a unique that was designed specifically for that purpose of niche crit dagger. It should be really expensive for a nice dagger, not just roll whatever, multimod, hybrid and GG.

What do you mean balance around it, do you have any ideas all I hear is complaints about how they removed it, if you are so wise on how it wasn't OP, please explain why.

but one can argue the real culprit of that is still in the game , elreon's multi mod.

you yourself said it was op when in conjunction with other mods. that is exactly why i said the real op mods were the ones at master level 8.

of course its going to be op if you can craft 4 master mods on a bow with 2 good stats. This is STILL true even now.

by cutting out the hybrid all one did is diminish the value of rares that rolled without it and uber inflated the ones that were made with it.

but elreaon can still get you crit , attack speed , flat physical % physical.
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Mar 27, 2015, 7:30:26 AM
"
Crackmonster wrote:
I think master crafting is great. However, i think its a failure how hard it is to level them each league.
I agree with you for the first league. I did get all mine to 8 for the challenge but finished in the last week and devoted most of my play time to doing dailies and hunting masters. The last leagues though it was much easier. I did my dailies and sometimes a couple other friends' dailies (never a full party though) and I think I had all mine at 8 in the second month. Much easier now.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info