Monsters that ruin the game (not a QQ thread, only pure feedback)

"
Wispo wrote:
"
Lord_of_Error wrote:
Monster design aside, the armour formula isn't stupid, it's a good design that actually allows non-armour chars to exist.

Think about it, linear damage reduction from armour would mean one of two possibilities:
(1) GGG introduce even higher physical damage spikes to still present a threat to players going all in on armour, meanwhile non-armour users will get crushed completly.
(2) Physical damage gets reduced to a point where it is irrelevant to all builds.

If these are my choices, I prefer option (3) --> the current implementation of armour (i.e. some mitigation, but no invincibility).

Some mitigation... :/ Too little mitigation :/ I still hear of mates oneshotted by map Kole ground "wave". And the sense of armor should be at least to prevent one shots.. right? :/

You are not supposed to be hit by his wind-up attacks. Be it armor of evasion. And no, if you are wearing an armor you still die from being ran over by a truck.

Ps I've got hit by it multiple times, and I never got one-shot.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
You guys are right in some aspects, but don't you think that armor should be a % defence like resistance ones? Against the bad designed monsters (chimerals, devourers) it will be a very good change.

Back in topic, in merciless mud flats i have encountered with my shadow a rare roah, with "quick" in the description + haste aura (for it and for allies). Just imagine... it seemed to fight a bunch of high speed trains that flashed to one side of the screen to other. This caused insane desync, and i was "rubberbanded" from first egg spot almost to the entrance of mud flats!!!
Be glad it wasn't also a Soul Eater :)
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
You guys are right in some aspects, but don't you think that armor should be a % defence like resistance ones?

It makes scaling it impossible if it was just straight % damage reduction. For example a character with 75% physical damage reduction (a number not too hard to reach) vs a character with 0% damage reduction.
You are taking essentially 1/4 of the damage. And if you add stuff like high level Arctic Armor and Endurance charges, a 3000 damage hit easily becomes 350. That is hardly more than a tickle.
So, physical attacks will get upped to do enough to threaten an armor character. This means 10k physical damage attacks. You can look at elemental damage and kind of see what the scaling is like.

Of course, all this means is non-armor characters cannot possibly hope to survive these hits.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info