1.3.1d Patch Notes

"
Qarl wrote:
The issue we are fixing here is beyond OP, its actually a serious mistake that needed fixing.

Is it (players speccing into it) actually a problem in this league at this point in time? Would it have been a problem if the change was held off until the end of TOR/BL or the start of the next majro race (1 week or 1 month etc)?

I have no issue with it being fixed, I'm questioning the seemingly dramatised "must be fixed now" timing.

EDIT: it is like a basketball ref calling a soft foul in the final 2 minutes of a game when one team is up by 30 points.
Chris Wilson: "Today was the proudest day of my life."
Last edited by Kaysee on Feb 26, 2015, 10:43:30 PM
"
Do_odle wrote:
Meanwhile in Ignite Prolif's secret evil lair;

"Muwahahahaha, MINIONS GET ANOTHER NERF," - Fire Trap

"You would know all about nerfs, eh?!" - Detonate Dead (still agitated obviously)

"Atleast I can still one shot bosses," - Flame Blast

"TROLOLOLOLOLOLOL," - Vaal Molten Shell (*joined torment just for scold's bridle*)

"LOLOLOOOlololelelehuhe, I'm just here cuz I can be" - Mjolner

"I'm still relevant," - Explosive Arrow

"I'm slightly less relevant," - Burning Arrow Traps

~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile in Nerfed2Hell Minion Prison;

"Really, Minion Instability was useful for a month?" - Summon Skeletons(-50% ele dmg)

"...+1....+2...+1...+2..paragon's...paragon's...please..god..PLEASE!" - Summon Raging Spirits

"...please guys, just let me out, I won't burn anything anymore, I promise" - Burning Miscreation Specters

"...WTB 5000% Quality Increased Duration Gem.." - Evangelist Specters

"we're nothing but meatshields now, GGG made Necromancer builds relevant and then went to great lengths to make sure that we would never end up on the Uber Atziri Tier List" - Summon Zombies

"speak for yourself... +1...+2... +1...+2..AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGH!!" -lvl 19 Corrupted Summon Raging Spirits

~~~~~~~~~~~

"...every facking time I roll an interesting character GGG halves it's effectiveness." - everyone else.

Not gonna lie - this is the funniest shit I've ever read on these forums. Ever.
"If you’re incompetent, you can’t know you’re incompetent. […] the skills you need to produce a right answer are exactly the skills you need to recognize what a right answer is." ~David Dunning
Last edited by TikoXi on Feb 26, 2015, 10:39:08 PM
Minara Anemina's minion instability hitting for 2k+ on 75% FR for months on end making her almost impossible to engage for some builds and nothing is changed...Mirror / Blink Arrow clones do to much damage and it's fixed in a matter of days.

Some times you really just don't know what to say...
In game contact @MajorAsshole

Challenge T-Shirt: 4/6 | Full Challenge Totems: 21/27
"
Kaysee wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:
The issue we are fixing here is beyond OP, its actually a serious mistake that needed fixing.

Is it (players speccing into it) actually a problem in this league at this point in time? Would it have been a problem if the change was held off until the end of TOR/BL or the start of the next majro race (1 week or 1 month etc)?

I have no issue with it being fixed, I'm questioning the seemingly dramatised "must be fixed now" timing.

I'm thinking it's damage control from a PR perspective, more than damage control from a playerbase perspective if that makes sense. Given the seemingly out of place nerfs that are sweeping across the board in (I'm gonna be honest here - quite erratic) ways that I have NO doubt in my mind are directly tied in preparation for act 4 changes and systems, the consistant nerfs have left a sour taste in peoples mouths. Letting this utterly ridiculous build (yes, I played it. It does INSANE damage) go further unchecked would disrupt the game in unhealthy ways if they left it till the next expansion, and the fewer people who hear about it and respec before the eventual nerf, the better for them overall.

As an aside, though - You think you could also give Minara's minions the same treatment?

Spoiler
FUCKING PLEEEEEEEEEEAAASSSE!
"If you’re incompetent, you can’t know you’re incompetent. […] the skills you need to produce a right answer are exactly the skills you need to recognize what a right answer is." ~David Dunning
Last edited by TikoXi on Feb 26, 2015, 10:44:14 PM
What was the build? Is there a video I can see? I missed the wagon
"
xSyK0TiC wrote:
I honestly don't even know anymore...I mean we still have shameful gems that exist in game. Lightning Arrow, and Spark? Seriously, why didn't you just remove them entirely if they disgruntled you so badly?

self cast spark is very very good.
twitch.tv/jfpforever
I can barely kill rares now. It sounded like too heavy of a nerf and it was. Well that was a fun couple days. Wish it didn't take so many fusing to link my chest now I'm broke and without a build.
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
WHYYYY IT WAS NERFED?

The build wasn't op or strong.

The video showing.

This skill have 4 seconds cooldown. OMG GGG!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYqpotB5KP0#t=32

crap crazy GGG.

The builds with 2 million DPS is ok.

Cast on crit with 500k, 1m, 2m dps is ok. This weak build not.

GGG no sense.

Last edited by samfortal on Feb 26, 2015, 10:47:40 PM
"
xSyK0TiC wrote:
I honestly don't even know anymore...I mean we still have shameful gems that exist in game. Lightning Arrow, and Spark? Seriously, why didn't you just remove them entirely if they disgruntled you so badly?

Spark is serviceable, and Lightning Arrow was the reason Chain got nerfed. Have you seen that thing shotgun? It's still rediculous, even without voltaxic.
My only question is how on Earth did you (GGG) not see this coming when you tagged mirror arrow as "minion" and ALSO gave them that much life?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info