1.3.1d Patch Notes

"
iuxtaignem wrote:
Can someone explain to me why blood rage or RF doesn't affects the clone? He has the buff/degen skill active on it, but he is immune to it... Sounds quite silly to me

Clones are designed to be decoys for PvP. They need to have all the same visual effects as the player for that purpose.
They're just that: a copy of visual effects.
I'm proud I made the build that got hotfix nerfed by 80% in under a week :
Kamikaze Clones /1204796 (LL Mirror Arrow Instability Prolif)
"
"
iuxtaignem wrote:
Can someone explain to me why blood rage or RF doesn't affects the clone? He has the buff/degen skill active on it, but he is immune to it... Sounds quite silly to me

Clones are designed to be decoys for PvP. They need to have all the same visual effects as the player for that purpose.
They're just that: a copy of visual effects.

well, I understand what you just said, but I don't get why poe's "normal" game should be balanced around pvp...
Just imagine how nice and original would be for normal game to have a time bomb, made up skill, instead of a low life prolif OP/broken build.
Wow. I just read this entire thread.

What I have gathered from it is a communication failure on the behalf of GGG. A wile back in the thread some one posted a video of him face-rolling content even at 1/5 power. I think this nerf is very telling for what they have planned for 1.4. If they wanted to rework prolif before 1.4 this was the time to do it. Instead it looks like they are going to do it during the content overhaul 1.4 will be. Has GGG ever stated they think burn prolif is balanced or has the community just interpreted their silence as that?

That is only half the story. The other half of the story is people like Pepprmit could still be running around with insane damage farming any content he desired. Loose lips sink ships. I believe this change is better for the game, however it make one thing very clear. If you create a good build NEVER share it with ANYONE. In a capitalistic barter system your primary responsibility is to mister number one and in achieving success of any kind actions that hinder you are general undesirable. Logical consequence then dictates that bringing the ridiculousness of your build to the attention of GGG is a mistake. Being a human I can learn from others mistakes, if/when I make a character that one shots Atziri you can be sure that no one else will ever know about it.
"ran out of high teir maps to leave on the ground - people kept taking the higher teirs" - Da Pagionator
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T31clJn_oNQ
Just wait until you see the changes 1.4 brings. You guys think the game's been nerfed BEFORE... you ain't seen nothin yet.

Rest assured: If GGG releases a patch, it's nerfing the latest builds. They want cookie cutter players, despite what the original intent of the game was.
Another reason that I am glad I quit. It gets rather frustrating having your builds nerfed time and time again.
"
Aziraphale wrote:
Another reason that I am glad I quit. It gets rather frustrating having your builds nerfed time and time again.

Do you play *any* game that receives frequent updates then? This is how balance processes work all across the board.
"If you’re incompetent, you can’t know you’re incompetent. […] the skills you need to produce a right answer are exactly the skills you need to recognize what a right answer is." ~David Dunning
"
Aziraphale wrote:

Good thing the build is still 100% viable and powerful after the nerf.
"
jfpforever wrote:
"
Caustic2 wrote:

LOL

You've got a fifth of my damage and a sixth of my projectile speed, but you're still going to tell me it clears fine? Best case scenario, all 7 of your sparks hit each enemy and you do 18.2k dps (very unlikely though). That is incredibly underwhelming. Most people would call that complete shit in terms of damage output.

you forgot spell echo which brings it to 36k~(37k if you did the actual math) additionally i have 100% pierce chance which means a single spark is capable of ~and frequently does~ hitting a monster multiple times. this build is about area flood and anything inside a room is destroyed. also, take your build to 89 in bl then come talk to me.

This is adorable and pathetic.

Tooltip DPS takes spell echo into account. The cast time is directly affected, and with no cooldown, the game assumes you can cast again immediately.

Now, mana cost per second is something that you have to do math for, and it uses only half the mana per second that someone looking at the raw numbers would assume (because of spell echo). But the tooltip DPS is correct, and you only get a max of DPS * projectiles per cast (not per _self-cast_, per cast _period_).

So, again, 18k dps if all of your sparks hit.
Last edited by codetaku on Feb 28, 2015, 2:15:52 PM
"
"
jfpforever wrote:
"
Caustic2 wrote:

LOL

You've got a fifth of my damage and a sixth of my projectile speed, but you're still going to tell me it clears fine? Best case scenario, all 7 of your sparks hit each enemy and you do 18.2k dps (very unlikely though). That is incredibly underwhelming. Most people would call that complete shit in terms of damage output.

you forgot spell echo which brings it to 36k~(37k if you did the actual math) additionally i have 100% pierce chance which means a single spark is capable of ~and frequently does~ hitting a monster multiple times. this build is about area flood and anything inside a room is destroyed. also, take your build to 89 in bl then come talk to me.

This is adorable and pathetic.

Tooltip DPS takes spell echo into account. The cast time is directly affected, and with no cooldown, the game assumes you can cast again immediately.

Now, mana cost per second is something that you have to do math for, and it uses only half the mana per second that someone looking at the raw numbers would assume (because of spell echo). But the tooltip DPS is correct, and you only get a max of DPS * projectiles per cast (not per _self-cast_, per cast _period_).

So, again, 18k dps if all of your sparks hit.

incase i errored i decided to run math with both spark and ice nova. the dps numbers on ice nova are correct and support spell echo's tooltip dps increase not including additional casts.(average damage x cast speed=tooltip dps). spark however i could not get the number's to come out correctly. running the same math, i ended up w/ SLIGHTLY higher dps than tooltip but not enough too acount for extra casts(equaled roughly 1 additional cast PER second when it would actually be 4 if extra casts were being calculated{these numbers might not make sense w/o seeing my numbers on live}) i encourage you to test this for your self, some clarification from ggg would also be appreciated. also, try to be a little nicer, thanks.
twitch.tv/jfpforever
"You've created a nice build, my friend? Allright, IT WILL BE NERFED AZAZAZAZA"

That's the true side of POE.

We still remember...
Last edited by alfapf on Mar 1, 2015, 7:49:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info