1.3.1d Patch Notes

Another valuable lesson in keeping good ideas to yourself instead of sharing them with the community.
Burn proliferation is the true problem here and with every other burn build. Y'all should fix that before destroying creative builds.
https://redd.it/p0hyul
"
Qarl wrote:
"
Darkblitz9 wrote:
I've got to agree that this is pretty underhanded, there's no way it deserves 80% less effectiveness when it's very well thought out and diverse.

I'd say that a nerf of 50% would've been well acceptable, but 80%? It's pretty much useless now.

Nice job.

You are so wrong. It is probably still over powered. It does need to be addressed fast before too many people respec to this genuinely over performing damage skill.

DAMN SON

REKT

BALANCE TEAM DROPPING THE KNOWLEDGE BOMBS ON YOU

What's your highest level character in the balance league? 4Head
"
Qarl wrote:
"
Darkblitz9 wrote:
I've got to agree that this is pretty underhanded, there's no way it deserves 80% less effectiveness when it's very well thought out and diverse.

I'd say that a nerf of 50% would've been well acceptable, but 80%? It's pretty much useless now.

Nice job.

You are so wrong. It is probably still over powered. It does need to be addressed fast before too many people respec to this genuinely over performing damage skill.

new nerfed clones still tanky enough to distract mobs? because i like it while leveling
"
Qarl wrote:

How many clearspeed tests did you run before deciding on the value of 0.2/1.8?

Genuinely curious how you decide the values for decisions like these.
"
Qarl wrote:
Version 1.3.1d
  • Reduced the life of Mirror Arrow and Blink Arrow clones by around 80%. The clones now take 80% less damage to match their previous survivability. The clones originally had their life set higher than normal for survivability reasons. The Minion Instability keystone passive took advantage of this large amount of life and lead to an unreasonably powerful skill combination. After this adjustment, you'll still be able to make instant exploding clones, but they will only have the damage of a fragile minion. The clones themselves still have the same survivability as before in combat situations.
  • Fixed a bug with the display of the life value for clones.

There is more to this problem, but this patch deals with the immediate cause of the extreme damage. We will still look at the situation, and there may be further changes coming.

Wau maybe ignore this and fix real problem with EU and keep crashing instance ... 2 days still not solved ....
"
Qarl wrote:

Well then add an explanation please. If I'm not totally wrong 5k base damage explosions are also quite easily reachable with Exposive Arrow. You'd have to spec fire and ele damage instead of minion damage and minion life, but the resulting burn is the same thing.

The only problem there is the 75% more modifier on the gem.

Edit: Well I'm dumb, didn't think about bow summoners, so the 75% more modifier is probably not removable without screwing all those builds.
Last edited by Schupfnudel on Feb 26, 2015, 10:18:13 PM
I wonder how long it'll take before GGG realizes that maybe...just maybe, burn proliferation is the issue here.

This is an important lesson in never sharing anything with the community, lest you bring about the swift hand of Chris Wilson.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
"
Qarl wrote:
"
Darkblitz9 wrote:

Nice job.

Blink/Mirror arrow weren't overperforming though, neither was Flameblast, or Detonate Dead, etc, it's burn proliferation.

Players nearly unanimously agree that this is the issue but you keep targeting the symptoms of the problem rather than the cause.

IGN: Bravo_Thirsty
Congratulations to players for being creative and resourceful.

Congratulations to GGG for continuing to strip all the fun out of their game. Let's keep streamlining the skill tree and making all skills and builds have the same low damage.

At this rate in a year we'll be seeing nerfs to auto-attack.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info