1.3.1d Patch Notes

"
Do_odle wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:
We were not planning on any changes. We probably should have been more aware there was an issue. When the interaction was first described to me, for example, I said 'that sounds like the correct behaviour." I didn't, however, understand the extent of the issue.

That makes two of us! Well, a couple hundred of us? What EXACTLY /was/ the issue?

Seconded. Aside from "burn prolif that other builds can still achieve", I don't see the issue. Minions had less health than zombies, and if they were uber viable, they certainly were damn slow about it. (I don't think they were uber viable, though please prove me wrong with a video)

Edit: also, I never made this build nor did I have interest in it before now. I have no stake in this battle at all, and I still haven't seen Qarl provide any actual data that this build was truly OP.

"
jfpforever wrote:
"
Caustic2 wrote:
"
jfpforever wrote:

self cast spark is very very good.

Do you actually know what you're talking about? I've got a level 86 sporker that is glassy as all fuck (3.7k hp and AA only defense). Wearing mali gloves, crit multi amulet, and dual wielding very good wands. I've got 12k spork damage, 90% duration on tree, and 200% projectile speed, but it clears like absolute shit. Where the fuck is this "spark is still good" myth coming from?

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1171404

yea, i kinda do

... dude, you have 2600 tooltip dps. Even with spark's number of projectiles, that is _stupid_ low.
Last edited by codetaku on Feb 26, 2015, 11:59:21 PM
"
Kamirun wrote:
"
Do_odle wrote:
I'm sure that guy was using everything possible to make it "viable"
EE-DualCurse...etc...etc...etc...

Viable = .00000001% chance of success or higher
Viable =/= Optimal, strong, or on par with anything.

You'd be surprised to know that his damage potential IS still less than that of an even cheaper cyclone facebreaker, and you could build the same regen and have full advantage of it 100% of the time, not just after you finally get a high level PoF/Vitality during Ruby Flasks.

Just watched him on twitch and it is still good.

And there may be stronger builds but cyclone and MA instab prolif are two way different play styles. And in regards to the MA int pro (words are long) it still works fine.

I'm not comparing cyclone to MA.

I will however compare Explosive Arrow Prolif to Mirror Arrow instab prolif for shits and giggles;

The guy who ran the numbers on EA and MA earlier was pretty accurate about EA doing more damage than MA, but let's get deeper into this pointless nerf to MA instab prolif!!!

Blink Arrow / Mirror Arrow's instability damage can't take local or global ignite chance nor can it take local or global crit chance~~ This is unlike any other fire attack in the game .
Flammability + Chance to Ignite gem become mandatory to have like 50? 60% chance to ignite tops on BA/MA. EA can reach 95~100% Ignite Chance... EA can also be speced for CRIT, which would make it up to 3~4 times stronger than pre-nerf BA / MA; just like every other ignition attack or spell in the game.

So if BA/MA Minion Instability's Damage Potential being 3~4times weaker than anything else and if it's potential chance to ignite is 50% less than anything else aren't enough then I have just one more thing to say: three second cooldowns!!!! For a skill that was already 3~4times weaker with 50% less chance to ignite...for a skill that REQUIRED YOU TO BE ON LOW LIFE! . . . FOR A SKILL THAT REQUIRES YOU TO BE ON LOW LIFE BUT DOESN'T BENEFIT FROM PAIN ATTUNEMENT OR BLOOD RAGE ON LOW LIFE! . . . it deserved to be nerfed into mediocrity........
. . .
. .

That's good balance.
The intelligent player base understands that this nerf isn't about the damage it does.
It's not about balancing it, obviously.
What it's about; they'll never say, you tell them they're wrong with facts and proof and they'll continue to use the word "insane" to adjectivally buy your obedience, when clearly the skill didn't do "insane" damage, the issue was more than likely that this wasn't intended.

I don't know about you but I can absolutely feel the spite in these patch notes "you can still summon exploding minions, but they'll do the damage of a fragile minion."

This isn't about the damage they dealt, this is about control or something...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNcou7zdYxs

destroyed it
Cool way to get people to use respecs or chew through orbs of regret.

Bad way to develop a game.
~DemiDemon~

Playing almost every day since Beta version 0.9.1 in 2011.
and here we go again

Minion Instability goes back to the "useless node" shelf
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
When they nerf builds into the ground, they should at least give courtesy full respecs to the people using those builds... Yes? :D (basically, if you're going to bone someone into oblivion, at least have the courtesy to give them a reach around)

P.S. I'm not using said build, but I feel bad for the creative person who came up with it and got slapped in the face with an above-average salmon.
Last edited by boboka on Feb 27, 2015, 12:02:10 AM
"
Pogrom123 wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNcou7zdYxs

destroyed it

Might be time to put Flameblast back in that socket.
"
boboka wrote:
When they nerf builds into the ground, they should at least give courtesy full respecs to the people using those builds... Yes? :D (basically, if you're going to bone someone into oblivion, at least have the courtesy to give them a reach around)

Did I really just download a 4 GIG "patch" that simply nerfed a build that didn't need nerfing..?
Dark_Chicken - lvl 100 Marauder
Divine_Chicken - lvl 100 Duelist
Last edited by Dark_Chicken on Mar 29, 2015, 3:37:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info