Sounds in the distance... a lot of them.

Gem activated
Gem deactivated
Perfect gem activated
The answer is 42.
"
JesseNL wrote:
"
XigTek wrote:
"Malachai opened a door and stepped into the nightmare."

Anyone have Thicket, Overgrown, Overgrown, Arsenal?

What is your logic behind those 4 maps, and the connection with Malachai?

EDIT: nvm, i didn't read the other replies.. Still why is arsenal an R?

Ask GGG, they're the ones who set it to be R.

EDIT: Also, with the 'Four rarities' thing...

Acton's .. something can't remember.. is an O as well. Meaning you could have all four rarities in the map device at once,.
"You go on pretending that you own the universe,
And we'll all be here watching as you're falling down to Earth."
Last edited by XigTek on Feb 26, 2015, 11:32:50 AM
"
XigTek wrote:
"
JesseNL wrote:
"
XigTek wrote:
"Malachai opened a door and stepped into the nightmare."

Anyone have Thicket, Overgrown, Overgrown, Arsenal?

What is your logic behind those 4 maps, and the connection with Malachai?

EDIT: nvm, i didn't read the other replies.. Still why is arsenal an R?

Ask GGG, they're the ones who set it to be R.

EDIT: Also, with the 'Four rarities' thing...

Acton's .. something can't remember.. is an O as well. Meaning you could have all four rarities in the map device at once,.

I've tried the four rarities. No dice. I also agree with the person who said there is definitely an element of randomness at play.

That said, quality also seems to be a factor. I've gotten a lot more sounds from perfected Palace maps.

I'm becoming more and more convinced that this isn't purely a troll. There's some sort of pattern here; I'm just not smart enough to lock it down. I'm thinking it's either a numerical puzzle of some sort, or the infrastructure for a feature that hasn't been implemented yet.
"
blubbber wrote:
sounds like a fun game, will give this a try too next time I am on.
does it only work in eternal laboratory or also in your hideout map device?
any difference when using the same map in each slot or different maps?

This works in both the laboratory and in the hideout, and the sound in the distance thing has been in the game for a long time. However, the frequency of the sounds seems to be increasing exponentially.
Im starting to beleive this could be something too. Gonna check and see if any unique items have a referance to a sound in the distance or distance related. will post my findings.

ty gl hf:)
Razza
Reading this thread reminds me of how my friends and I used to speculate about myths and urban legends regarding the original Pokemon games. I remember one in particular involved trying to walk through a secret doorway in Bill's House (only open before you beat Misty or whatnot), which then takes you into a secret area where you'd have to dig for S.S. Anne tickets and blah blah blah. I don't even remember what this was supposed to accomplish.

Point is, regardless of whether this turns out to be something, you can be sure I'll be following this thread, if only because the possibilities are intriguing.

As a minor contribution, when asked about the sound, Chris did answer: "It does what it's intended to" in the Q&A. Also, he did say that there are still recipes that the community has yet to uncover.

"It does what it's intended to" might simply be a reference to that D2 phrase (which I'd never heard about before, but then I didn't get to play D2 during its prime). One could interpret it as a clue that perhaps there is nothing here. However, I found the bit about the recipes to be encouraging. We might actually be on to something.
"
Varthorne wrote:
Reading this thread reminds me of how my friends and I used to speculate about myths and urban legends regarding the original Pokemon games. I remember one in particular involved trying to walk through a secret doorway in Bill's House (only open before you beat Misty or whatnot), which then takes you into a secret area where you'd have to dig for S.S. Anne tickets and blah blah blah. I don't even remember what this was supposed to accomplish.

Point is, regardless of whether this turns out to be something, you can be sure I'll be following this thread, if only because the possibilities are intriguing.

As a minor contribution, when asked about the sound, Chris did answer: "It does what it's intended to" in the Q&A. Also, he did say that there are still recipes that the community has yet to uncover.

"It does what it's intended to" might simply be a reference to that D2 phrase (which I'd never heard about before, but then I didn't get to play D2 during its prime). One could interpret it as a clue that perhaps there is nothing here. However, I found the bit about the recipes to be encouraging. We might actually be on to something.

Yes, I agree. It very well could be nothing, but then again, it would not be the first time that the developers have placed something in-game and failed to disclose it. A notable example of this is the Uber-Atziri encounter, which you'll recall was not spoken of by the developers until it was discovered by the community.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/So_Long,_and_Thanks_for_All_the_Fish

has 42 chapters

just because I have seen : 42 is the answer to everything
several times in this kind of threads now.

Someone here who read it?

I only watched the movie some years ago
Last edited by JesseNL on Feb 26, 2015, 1:08:22 PM
"
JesseNL wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/So_Long,_and_Thanks_for_All_the_Fish

has 42 chapters

just because I have seen : 42 is the answer to everything
several times in this kind of threads now.

Someone here who read it?

I only watched the movie some years ago

Yes. The premise of the series was that the Earth was a giant computer intended to calculate the question that answers the meaning of life, which is 42.
hearing a sound in the distance, Albino Rhoa in mudflats, Rhoa eggs + this.

took a while to figure out. Most people instantly kill albino rhoas on sight, which is pretty much the worst you can regarding this. I'm not sure about the time window between seeing the message about hearing a sound in the distance and doing this, but you need to be pretty fast.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info