Sounds in the distance... a lot of them.

what if its a vendor recipe with the maps?: F-I-S-H, P-O-O-L, P-I-E-R (the Reef map is "P" and Krillson mentions something about finding your own fishing pool right, or could it be H-O-L-E for fishing hole?), 4 albino rhoa feathers (or 1), 4 of a type of currency (or 1, eternal maybe?), portal gem, scouring, etc etc?

i'd try myself...i have
but no eternal and only a couple of the maps...

ign: auuuurightythen

if anyone has any helpful tips.
Last edited by awave on Feb 26, 2015, 11:48:07 PM
After sound in the distance, did someone cheked to see if any new instance has opened in mudflats or somewhere...
Seems kinda troll. If 2 people can't get the same result while exactly imitating each other past even the first step... then it seems unlikely there is any mathematical code or process involved.

It's pretty cool though.
"
Tmfm wrote:
Seems kinda troll. If 2 people can't get the same result while exactly imitating each other past even the first step... then it seems unlikely there is any mathematical code or process involved.

Right, because it's completely unthinkable that this game might implement a mechanic that utilizes a modicum of rng......
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
Tmfm wrote:

Right, because it's completely unthinkable that this game might implement a mechanic that utilizes a modicum of rng......

I said "..mathematical code or process.." and in my head this means something static with protocols.

However, Something random happening somewhere in the world of Wraeclast seems quite possible.

...still troll though.
"
Tmfm wrote:
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
Tmfm wrote:

I said "..mathematical code or process.." and in my head this means something static with protocols.

Like code? Game has rng, only makes sense that fishing related mechanics would have a bit of rng too....
"
zeekidc2 wrote:
Missed you monsta

<3
78+78-66-66=24
24 is the reverse of 42.
42 is the answer to everything.

There's a problem with the map device mystery, though.

How old is the "you hear a sound in the distance"? Because it causes some issues:

Any items added later shouldn't work with this, unless GGG made it incrementally harder to accomplish something no one has done (at least no one has come forward). I think it'd just be silly if GGG put effort into this after it's initial implementation.
So new maps shouldn't work with this, unless only the level of the map or none of its actual properties matter.
Were unique maps added before or after the sound?

Items, such as malachai's artifice seem like a prime candidate for placing in the machine, but the artifice is neither GGG's nor is it old enough.
Malachai's stimula takes all 4 slots of the map device. It could be used as an intermediate between maps, or even the final thing that activates the whole thing.
Jewellery might also be included (though only the old ones).

Currency orbs probably don't pose an issue, because I sincerely doubt GGG is going to put a mirror into the potential "recipe" of the map device, and eternal orbs are a relatively new thing, so the most expensive orb you might require is an exalted orb.

Of course, I am assuming it has always been possible to complete the mystery, which might not be the case.

if
66 = 0
67 = 1
68 = 2
69 = 3
70 = 4
71 = 5
72 = 6
73 = 7
74 = 8
75 = 9
76 = 10
77 = 11
78 = 12

so placing 78, 77, 76 and 75 maps in the device would mean 12+11+10+9=42 (I like 42, it's funny)

Eh, I gotta go now.

"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
Tmfm wrote:

Or the phrasing itself could be significant. There's just no way to know. But if anyone has ever tried their hand at a cryptic crossword, you know that a seemingly straightforward phrase can be used to intentionally misdirect someone.
For instance "you hear" can be used to indicate the presence of a homophone. Neither the words "sound" nor "distance" have a homophone that I'm aware of, but there might be one somewhere in "the distance".
The word "sound", of course, has a double meaning, indicating an audible noise, but also meaning sturdy, healthy.
If the sound in the distance bit is a form of cryptic clue, then the answer is likely to be composed of a single word.
"
theloveduck wrote:
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
Tmfm wrote:

Or the phrasing itself could be significant. There's just no way to know. But if anyone has ever tried their hand at a cryptic crossword, you know that a seemingly straightforward phrase can be used to intentionally misdirect someone.
For instance "you hear" can be used to indicate the presence of a homophone. Neither the words "sound" nor "distance" have a homophone that I'm aware of, but there might be one somewhere in "the distance".
The word "sound", of course, has a double meaning, indicating an audible noise, but also meaning sturdy, healthy.
If the sound in the distance bit is a form of cryptic clue, then the answer is likely to be composed of a single word.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cno20onK9dY

Could someone try cake?

Could be a lie though

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info