Why self-found needs its own league

Here:

Give self found a perk. that perk includes CANNOT trade or use guild stash and cannot use gear bought by other chars. So only self found

That bestel dude in act 1 can remove the perk at no cost.

To boost self found:
10 10 iiq iir perm on that perk as well.

The moment u choose bestel to remove, u lose bonus as well
Vorici can shove his fuse up his [removed]
You don't get it. This game is not balanced around self found and could not be balanced around self found. When you allow trading, you can balance around it. When you don't allow it, either you give all players such insane drop rates that the game is boring as fuck, or it's even worse RNG than it is already.

SFL = no, because it's not competitive

And if you don't want competition, there's already Standard.
"
terrorist wrote:
This wouldn't work because a player can still do drop trading.

What they could do instead is make self found an option on character creation and make it so regardless of whichever drop allocation rules they are playing, self-found players automatically have item drops allocated and bound to them. Self found players can't pickup an item unless it has their name on it.

I put a solution in a later response which provides a solution for item exploitation:

In the code, track an items first (or last) owner. Either works. If a self-found player comes into contact with an item, check if it had a previous owner, and if it did, then remove their self-found status. The identifier for characters would have to be a unique character id as character names could be exploited by making new characters, deleting them, and then creating a new one under the same name. Items dropped by monsters would keep track of who killed the monster to drop it, for checking purposes as well.

This would allow GGG to create checks for taking items out of the stash used by other characters, trades, drop checking, and prevent pretty much ever item exploit you can think up.

There is a solution for every exploit you can think of that is very simple conceptually and not very complicated in my opinion.

Edit:

One idea that your post gave me though was that items dropped and/or allocated to other players have a red-border on them so that self-found players can still party together.

Self found players would have to be prevented from entering non-self found player maps or or given a prompt to lose their self-found status by entering. This prevents 'acquiring maps/currency/exp' from non-self found players.

Non-self found players wouldn't be allowed to enter self-found maps because the self-found players would lose their self-found status, which would be griefing. Also because self-found players shouldn't be able to get any help from non-self found players anyway.

The one weird case would be that it's fine for non-self found players to enter self found players maps after the self found players have left it. But then the self found players wouldn't be able to enter that map anymore (instance flagged as non-self found so they get the prompt/denial message). Has minor griefing potential but could be avoided by not having self-found players in party when you leave an instance (which you'd only have if trading probably, which you won't be doing as a self found players so it's probably fine).

Thus, the two types of players wouldn't be able to map together. Which is kind of what you guys wanted anyway though right? Now that I think about it, that's kind of like player segregation but within a league. I dunno, it's getting too muddy for me now. I'm going to quit.
Last edited by DestroTheGod on Feb 25, 2015, 5:49:08 PM
"
DestroTheGod wrote:
Self found players would have to be prevented from entering non-self found player maps or or given a prompt to lose their self-found status by entering. This prevents 'acquiring maps/currency/exp' from non-self found players.

I really don't see this as the issue. It's trading with other players that is central to self found vs. not. There's a ridiculously large degree of separation between trading and being carried by someone who traded. The former gives you the specific item you're after immediately, the latter still relies on RNG. Gaining EXP isn't a matter of self found at all it's a matter of solo vs grouping.
"
KZA wrote:
"
FadeXF wrote:
KZA - aren't you that guy who just PKs HC players at the bandit quests?

IF YES: Why would you want a self found league: no one wants to play with you now??

IF NO: Disregard my last question. ;)

I'm that girl that PKs HC players yes, but that's not all I do. I enjoy HC PKing because its very competetive and challenging with high stakes- same reasons I want a self found league.

Whatever the hell happened to you? Make some more videos got dam.

Though I have to say self found league makes no sense to me as the number one priority of GGG is to keep the leagues that already exist as healthy as possible. Siphoning people off to some self found league (for, elitists, let's face it) is one of the last things the game will ever need.
"

Once act 4 hits it might be the perfect time for more videos ;)
Last edited by KZA on Feb 25, 2015, 9:15:29 PM
"
KZA wrote:
"

I agree make more vids cutie pie

we will give you what ever league you want lol
I dont see any any key!
"
k1rage wrote:
"
KZA wrote:
"

I agree make more vids cutie pie

we will give you what ever league you want lol

.. Man I hope I'm just missing something or this came off as extremely creepy.
"You go on pretending that you own the universe,
And we'll all be here watching as you're falling down to Earth."
OP is still pretending to be his girlfrind? Give your girlfriend a break man :P

Regards, knower of pretends
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
OP is still pretending to be his girlfrind? Give your girlfriend a break man :P

Regards, knower of pretends

If that's true she is a really good actress, great at pretending to care about this game.
Standard Forever

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info