Why self-found needs its own league

"
KZA wrote:
I added this to my original post. You may find it enlightening.

INVALID ARGUMENTS

GGG already said no. --- If sufficient demand is there, they will change their minds

If you want self found, go play D3. --- That’s like saying if you want more pink in the game go play Candy Crush. Just because D3 gets one thing right that POE doesn’t, doesn’t mean its worth leaving the 99 things POE gets right that D3 doesn’t.

Nothing is keeping you from playing self-found. --- that’s like saying nothing is keeping you from playing hardcore mode in standard league- just delete your character when you die. No, we need a separate league/ladder where the rules are enforced and we can compete directly with others doing the same thing.

majority > minority

They will create 2 new leagues that go against their vision of a trade based arpg for some minority of people who want this.

POE = build diversity

D3 = Self found

Smite = PVP

There is a game for everything, why have everything in one game?

There is no argument for a SFL ladder because RMTers sell accounts with gg OP items then, therefore there goes the competitive part down the drain because there will always be people who would do anything for bragging rights.

If GGG already said no and youre unwilling to accept that as a valid answer then maybe youre a bit childish because sometimes a no is a no and its not going to change if you keep begging for a yes.
"
KZA wrote:

GGG already said no. --- If sufficient demand is there, they will change their minds

That's the thing man. The demand isn't there. It's not even close. That's why they can comfortably say no and then ignore gigantic threads. If there was a demand or a financial incentive for GGG, you'd have your SFL the very next major patch. This is a business after all.

"
KZA wrote:
This is the single most competitive actionRPG on the market. That said, those of us who prefer self-found are in direct competition with those who choose to trade. Thus our only options currently available are:

-Don't trade and be at a major disadvantage competitively
-Trade and lose out on the satisfaction of self-found

An optional self-found league would allow for competition AND self-found satisfaction.

INVALID ARGUMENTS

-GGG already said no. --- If sufficient demand is there, they will change their minds.

-If you want self found, go play D3. --- That’s like saying if you want more pink in the game go play Candy Crush. Just because D3 gets one thing right that POE doesn’t, doesn’t mean its worth leaving the 99 things POE gets right that D3 doesn’t.

-Nothing is keeping you from playing self-found. --- That’s like saying nothing is keeping you from playing hardcore mode in standard league- just delete your character when you die. No, we need a separate league/ladder where the rules are enforced and we can compete directly with others doing the same thing.

Hi! few things to start off with =] 1. yes I replied to you because you're a female poe player, 'tis an awesome thing to see! 2. I'm Brian. 3. Don't be intimidated, but I'm not a stereotypical guy. If anything, I'll be the one in the kitchen. 4. I think your idea is great, and I would love to play in the self found league. Happy playing! =]
"
DestroTheGod wrote:
I have finally determined the solution for self-found players. I 100% know the ideal solution for self-found players that would completely satisfy both them and GGG. Seriously, this idea I'm going to state is genius:

Give every new character the 'self-found' status icon. It would give a few identification perks like an icon on the ladder, and friends list/party list. This way, players get to track theirselves competitively on the ladder, AND play safe found.

Self-found status is lost as soon as you accept an item in trade chat.

I'm pretty sure this would solve everything.

You can thank me later.

I've thought of this before. You'd still be able to group with character that trade and let them clear for you and mf for you or whatnot. What prevents a player from dropping an item on the ground that you can pick up and use and still maintain self found status. I like the idea, the implementation might not be so easy/fair.
The argument that "Why HC when you can just delete on death in SC?" has been debunked so many times. Quit using it. HC traders know that the items they're trading for have never been stripped from a dead character. That alone makes the league extremely different.

I'm a rabid solo player. I wont even consider playing with others or trading. Period. End of story. But I still wouldn't join your "SFL" if they made the game easier there.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Feb 25, 2015, 12:28:33 PM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
The argument that "Why HC when you can just delete on death in SC?" has been debunked so many times. Quit using it. HC traders know that the items they're trading for have never been stripped from a dead character. That alone makes the league extremely different.

I'm a rabid solo player. I wont even consider playing with others or trading. Period. End of story. But I still wouldn't join your "SFL" if they made the game easier there.

And if it weren't made any easier, as proposed here? Would you still not join?
It's funny even the biggest trolls in this thread used friendly tone after finding that the OP is a chick.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
"
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

Wait, I never said I want anything made easier, where do you see that?
"
KZA wrote:
"
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

Wait, I never said I want anything made easier, where do you see that?

I was pointing that out to Shags. This seems infinitely more difficult than anything else available at the moment.
"
Pewzor wrote:
It's funny even the biggest trolls in this thread used friendly tone after finding that the OP is a chick.

I love veggie chicken nuggets, so yummy. :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info