Detailed overview of Diablo 3 vs. Path of Exile

"
TheWretch wrote:
"
ghamadvar wrote:
I give up.

Don't even bother, some people love misery, just come play some season 4 ;)

Ruins of Sescheron are sick and I love the new mobs and legendaries.

I do ;) It's awesome.

@Nizreb915: While everyone is playing hard, slow, deadly builds in poe right? No one wants to have a cookie cutter build here, right? That's why 99% of the community copy builds, right? Remember the buzzsaw? And about the items: You don't have class-specific items in poe, true. But you have build-specific items. So what is the great difference? Try a weaponless build without facebreaker and abyssus. Try an RF-build without rise of the phoenix. And so on. Freedom is an illusion exile.

@tm10067: or with Monkey Island.
The Sirus fight is a disgrace.
I don't understand people who try to be apologetic for D3 even when it comes to the "different game" mentality. The game without the Diablo/Blizzard brand would have been a no named game on steam no one talked about. It wasn't a good game at release and it's only become a mediocre console experience after years of painfully slow patches attempting to imitate D2 and other traditional RPG systems it should have had from the beginning.

Paragon was added to correct the mistake of WoW level caps. Loot 2.0 was added to tailor affixes because the main stat system borrowed from WoW was not designed to be randomized. The Leg/Set overhaul was done to segregate atypical and unique affixes from using the main stat system slots because otherwise the items would never be viable given the absurd scaling in the game. They've added Kanai's cube to help alleviate the dead slotting caused by WoW-esque item bonuses that are mandatory BiS.

Just think about PoE having every slot on your character with 400%+ increased damage + crit + crit multi + attack/cast speed items. It's a joke.

"
tm10067 wrote:
Any ideas to compare PoE/D3 with Sacred 2?

Let's not go there .... lol

Sacred 2 did so much right but what it did wrong it did wrong aggressively.

Besides Sacred2 belongs to a different era of ARPG and it's community a much different type of ARPG enthusiast.... mostly.

=)
"
Hackusations wrote:

Just think about PoE having every slot on your character with 400%+ increased damage + crit + crit multi + attack/cast speed items. It's a joke.

POE has a passive tree to do that with,different system same outcome.

=0
"
Hackusations wrote:
I don't understand people who try to be apologetic for D3 even when it comes to the "different game" mentality. The game without the Diablo/Blizzard brand would have been a no named game on steam no one talked about. It wasn't a good game at release and it's only become a mediocre console experience after years of painfully slow patches attempting to imitate D2 and other traditional RPG systems it should have had from the beginning.

Paragon was added to correct the mistake of WoW level caps. Loot 2.0 was added to tailor affixes because the main stat system borrowed from WoW was not designed to be randomized. The Leg/Set overhaul was done to segregate atypical and unique affixes from using the main stat system slots because otherwise the items would never be viable given the absurd scaling in the game. They've added Kanai's cube to help alleviate the dead slotting caused by WoW-esque item bonuses that are mandatory BiS.

Yeah. Just think of every resist capped, mf on gear, attributes mandatory and your freedom of choice limited by the fuck-fact that you simply don't get a 5-link with your 100 fusings. Or colors. Or whatever. Think of people having 500k dps and others that have 5k. Think of build-defining items you will never get in your life.
"We" here have a crit-problem too, you know. It is rt or crit. Nothing between. Where d3 has the BIS-effect, POE has the "abuse a skill until it is nerfed and then do some crit-or rt-stuff." thing. edit: And don't let me start with the skilltree ;)
But hey, let us act like poe does nothing wrong, right? I am not apologetic. Whatever that means. I am just astonished that some here compare apples with oranges with a vengeance. But hey. Go on. If it fulfills any purpose for you: great. Last question: how did POE evolve in your opinion? Everything quite shiny? Bright? Superb? No? Hell yeah. If d3 would not have failed so badly in the beginning, this game right here would have never become what it is now. I am quite sure. And even if not: It is so easy to compare a small company with just one game in the making / on the market with a global player like blizzard. But as many easy things, it is just too simple. And that's what bothers me. But as i said before (and i should have stayed true to it): i give up. This religious group right here is way too dangerous. I smile and leave. Slowly.

The Sirus fight is a disgrace.
Last edited by ghamadvar on Sep 10, 2015, 6:51:20 AM
On the topic of stash spaces,

given Path of exile can accommodate so much stash tabs but the developers of D3 during their recent redddit Q&A @ 2.3 were saying adding another 2-3 more stash tabs would crash their servers. Do you believe it's a technical issue esp from developers point of view?
"
Shogen wrote:

given Path of exile can accommodate so much stash tabs but the developers of D3 during their recent redddit Q&A @ 2.3 were saying adding another 2-3 more stash tabs would crash their servers. Do you believe it's a technical issue esp from developers point of view?

I believe they are telling the truth here. These past few days that I have played, the game feels like PoE without lockstep; and this is just playing with one other person. They may have significantly reduced the resources (servers) dedicated for D3. The desync in D3 got stronger. Adding a few million items to their servers might just break it.
I need more purple titles
"
Ocylix wrote:
"
Shogen wrote:

I believe they are telling the truth here. These past few days that I have played, the game feels like PoE without lockstep; and this is just playing with one other person. They may have significantly reduced the resources (servers) dedicated for D3. The desync in D3 got stronger. Adding a few million items to their servers might just break it.

I can verify what you said, d3 actually did rubberband and desync while I was playing it too. Shocking. It's really blizzard's shortsightedness for not nailing stash spaces right in their early development. It's probably accusatory on my part But then it did seemed like a no brainer after POE showed what's possible.
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
Nizreb915 wrote:
Yep, D3 is the successor for those who want to play cookie cutter builds with class specific gear. Yaaaaaaaaay.

Look at the ladders for this league and then their season, tell me which one has more varied builds..LOL nice try but that argument went out the window with 2.0.

path of life nodes or gtfo. plz.

So, demon hunter has some sword skills now?
"
Nizreb915 wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
Nizreb915 wrote:
Yep, D3 is the successor for those who want to play cookie cutter builds with class specific gear. Yaaaaaaaaay.

Look at the ladders for this league and then their season, tell me which one has more varied builds..LOL nice try but that argument went out the window with 2.0.

path of life nodes or gtfo. plz.

So, demon hunter has some sword skills now?

Yes, because top builds are quirky like that lol, are there any sword wielding witches on the ladder? Yaaaa. :)
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info