Developer Questions and Answers

will there be a path of exile.2 ? and if yes, is it allrdy in progres? i would love and play it!
ING Infuriateground
First of all, many thanks for taking that initiative to establish communication between devs and fanbase.
I find it amazing, and i wish/hope you guys did/do it more often.

Moving to questions, i will try to ask the most important i have in my mind:

1) Will we see some of the old uniques that are lacking in the current meta/skill tree, getting some kind of rebalancing/tuning in order to bring them on par with the new ones or at least to bring them at the same level of usefulness?

2) Will we see some of the older skill gems, that are obviously outdated and are heavily lacking compared to new ones, getting some kind of rebalancing/tuning in order to bring them on par with the new ones or at least to bring them at the same level of usefulness?

3) Will we see some kind of loot filter? Like, some type of option where we can choose what item level types or at least socket/rarity we want to see on the floor and hide everything else?

4) Are you satisfied with the map system? Will you implement a new mechanic alongside maps or add a bigger number to add diversity to late game? Personally i would love a never ending ledge type (similar to the racing ones) where monsters get harder and harder and you cant use portal scrolls to return to town unless you complete a certain number of instances. Or something like that.

5) What about trading? Have you thought of a cool way to implement new trading methods? Something like "auction house-ish" trading, where you can post the items you want to sell along with a buyout price, and if the buyer is interested he can buyout your item even if you are offline.

6) Have you thought of ways to bring melee up to par with ranged builds (be it changes on the skill tree or even core mechanics)? If not, do you think there is an imbalance between the two?

7) Have you thought about changing or adding a bit of diversity between weapons? Like, swords give accuracy, maybe they should give something else. Or, maybe, axes should give something as well etc.
Or maybe more implicit values for weapons/different weapon types?

8) Edit: I FORGOT ABOUT THIS ONE: One of my biggest concerns, even if nothing of the above gets implemented, can you guys fix/change the targeting of most melee skills so that multistrike isn't a necessity? Like, if i target the air with my melee skill/strike it automatically attacks the closes enemy. Or would it bring desync to a whole new level?

These are the most important i had in my head for a long time now, it would be awesome if we could have some of them answered.
Once again, many thanks!
Last edited by S3ph1r0th on Feb 22, 2015, 7:22:44 PM
Dear GGG,

Can you bring back Endless Ledge and Descent: Champions or introduce events both as fun and competitive as those? It was the roguelike aspect that really made those runs for me. Each run I faced a different challenge, and each run I overcame a challenge I fell to before... combined with the increasing power of my character and the difficulty of the levels, it really kept me on my toes. I haven't played Seasons or PoE since Season 5, but I recently returned and I was really bummed to see that neither were on the schedule. I would even try to plan out my weeks to play those events! I hope to see those events return.

Work hard and thank you.

GG, GGG.
So there is this huge difference between ranged / caster builds and melee builds mainly because of the desync I have seen in this game. I see almost only casters or rangers and if I see a melee build it is usually very tanky.

Will you bring up any changes that make the gameplay of low life melee builds at least comparable to the one of ranged builds? It feels like there is no reason to take the risk of dying much more times just because playing another, right now obviously weaker playstile.
"
Exitus1911 wrote:
Im Colorblind, When will be the colorblind mode put in?
THIS! I would love some colorblind accessibility modes. I dont want to edit the game files to change colors since devs here seems to be against that, but fuck you guys you should add some quality of life options so I dont have to do that.
Regarding XP penalty on death, could we have some sort of avenging system, where if you kill the monster that killed you, you get a portion of the lost XP back?

Could you please give us hints about undiscovered vendor recipes?

Regarding trade systems, what is the general idea for the system you have been working in the last couple years? Why has it not been implemented (resource issue, technical issue, or philosophy issue)? Can you give us a development manifesto on the plans/ideas you have and the issues you are facing regarding trade?

Do you plan to add more achievements in the future, and will there be more cutthroat/CTF games to get those ones?

What do you think about having a 3D skill tree? Just think of the insane complexity that could be created!

Can I work for GGG from home?

What are your favorite PoE related jokes in the office?

Will we ever see a fishing level, or will you just keep trolling us?

Thanks!
Had you guys planning to make Auction Shop NPC yet? And will you guys planning to make mini games? Example Exile/Human vs Zombie(Dragon Nest reference)? or Exile(player) vs Boss(player) to improve AI tweaks?
Hi GGG

Q: Colorblind mode?

Q: New Trade system?

Q: New chaos based skills?

Q: Zombie Cat MTX?

Q: Any plan on moving Mind over Matter upward on the skilltree?

Thank you.

No point looking back now. There's only death. And lots of it.
Same questions as 1 year ago:

1) Where is the out-of-game trade function?

2) Where is the MTX Custom Leagues?

3) Where is the lifetime racing rewards?

One new question:

4) Can we have an option to pan the camera or have a "smart" camera?

Thanks and thanks for your development.
Chris Wilson: "Today was the proudest day of my life."
There seems to be a duality between herald skills and auras (herald of fire and anger for example), I'd love to see other auras counterparts (herald of time! herald of growth!), is there any plans to add more herald spells in the future?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info