Developer Questions and Answers

Why don't you let us control the amount of "resynching" that happens via the options menu so that we can be our own judges of how "smooth" we want our PoE experience to be? We each have our own trade-offs of how often we like to die vs how much rubberbanding we're willing to take.
Is there going to be an overhaul of the current racing system coming soon, or with the Act 4 expansion? Currently, I feel that the current system needs a lot of work. A few points that I feel need work are:

-Balancing the early game for each of the 7 classes so they can all have an equal chance at finishing first in a race.

-Reworking Descent, as the race feels very dated in terms of chest rewards and level progression

-Reworking Endless Ledge, so it is not a total RNG-fest

-Changing the way points are awarded, mainly letting players keep some points if they die in a vanilla race

-Reworking the actual race rewards, as ever since Season 9, I feel you all have been lazy about giving us 3d items as rewards

Thank you for your time.
When are we getting a Korean server? There are lot of Korean fans & players out there struggling with high pings and lot of them quit cause of that.
I also want to know when is offline action house system coming out. This has to come out ASAP. Oversea players, most of them sleep while eu&na players are playing the game. For this they are missing out lot of good deals and have hard time selling stuffs. Ingame actuion house can solve all these problems and could attract more players back into this game.
King of Scrubcore Hah
twitch.tv/k0reangamer
my grandmaster when and why isnt it in the game yet =*( ?
1. I have always wondered why the variety of maps decreases as map level increases, i.e there are many many tile-sets for 66 maps however there are only 2 77s and 2 78s, Considering that during the journey from 66ish to 100ish a person spends 1/2 or more of his time farming high level maps it would be really amazing to have more variety in 75 + maps. Don't get me wrong I love the grind or I wouldn't be playing poe, however playing courtyard over and over all day does get a bit tedious. Was this a conscious decision on the part of the Dev's? if so what was their reasoning in doing so. New art assets would not be required I don't think, why not a 78 dried lake?

2. More of a comment than a question, I really really wish GGG would do something about Avian/Gull AI. When using a character that has even a slight delay between attack and damage applied these creatures frustrate to no end solely because they fail to target the nearest corpse (or worse wander back and forth between two corpses), they wander around for 5-10seconds like a dog looking for a spot to poop, back to my first comment farming 78 maps with a molten strike/discharge character means i spend >60% of my time chasing down gulls, on the same map, over and over.

Lastly Great work GGG on a phenomenal game, love the content expansions so far, you guys are doing an amazing job and I hope you continue to improve the game for years to come.

P.S act 4 HYYYPUUUUUUU!!!

Edit: Could we also pls get some kind of visual indication for Corrupted Blood rares (like ele/phys reflect have) that would be super!!!
Last edited by NonCorporeal on Feb 22, 2015, 7:00:03 PM
Have you been happy with the quality of uniques released in the last 6 months? Has there been an intentional move away from high end, interesting, build enabling uniques (eg. soul taker, mjolnir, shavronne's wrappings) to more simplistic and boring (imo) uniques due to balancing issues?

PS. Other than the uniques issue, I think you guys are doing an amazing job. Keep up the good work and I'm really looking forward to Act4!
Last edited by Eyedol on Feb 23, 2015, 2:03:21 AM
do rhoa feathers have a purpose or not?

if they don't please give them one ;)
Last edited by obobob on Feb 22, 2015, 6:59:32 PM
What is the feeling on the current death penalty and the grind to 100? Long discussion in this thread. I guess it would be better to hear it from the horse's mouth rather than make assumptions. I think the thread transitions from desync to grind to 100 somewhere around page 20ish if you want to read it. If not just answering the question at face value is fine.

How likely is it for skills to have their mechanics reworked? With a skill like shield charge for example, I don't think any buff, short of making it extremely OP would ever make it much fun to use. But I said in a feedback thread, after taking a shield charge facebreaker build to 84 that if it did damage to things knocked out of the way, like a glancing blow type mechanic, that it would be an awesome skill. Another that comes to mind is shock nova. What's the likelihood of these skills being changed to they are easier to use?

How's progress on the revamped trading system?

Are there any more nerfs coming to crit? With that new ammy that gives increased status ailment but can't have power charges is this the first step is separating status ailments and crit?

As crit implicit bows have taken over the meta will other's receive a buff to make them as appealing. I mean 1.55 bases have all but disappeared from favor, seems like a pretty radical shift rather than a leveling out which is what I think was intended.

With all the unique chests taking over the meta, will we see new affixes, or buffed current affixes so rares can compete? Will we see any "unique" affixes added to the rare pool?

Will old uniques be buffed outside of purely a number increase. Basically, Hyrri's Ire has had it's evasion double almost yet still isn't being used. Is there a chance it could have PA added as well, and/or be similar to the legacy CoD where it has the keystone and additional amounts added on, like maybe just having 50% dodge?

I'm trying to think of more but I wasn't prepared for this thread so I'll just make new posts as I think of some.
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856

T-R-A-D-E

What are the plans for trading?

In a state of exile podcast, Cris said the team was trying to make offline trade work. any progress? we dont need an auction house thats for sure, but asynchronous trading sounds awesome. give 1 offline trading tab for everyone and sell more in the shop.

its a shame that POE being a gear based game has to count on 3rd party websites for a "good" trading experience.
1 Can you just announce by accident anything about act4 update? like you did here

2 Any info or ETA's for upcomming gateways and expansions (not content-wise but country wise) in general? (like the new Russian server by garena)

3 Can you guys give us a picture of how the hirings are going?

4 We know that its not easy for GGG to find good new crew and that the growth of the game has put a gigantic pressure on GGG's overall acting capacity (for new content, bugfixes, stability, support & etc.). But how's that? Can you give us any thoughts on that matter?

5 Will we see some awesomes cutscenes on poe? like the ones in here

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info