Remove xp penalty's from death

Since desync isnt going away (wah, wah it'll let cheaters run rampant, so to minimize that lets punish the 99% of our player-base who dont cheat - Dev logic) at least remove the penalty we get because the server thought we just stood there scratching our ass instead of accepting what we, the players, did to try and avoid it.

I have whirling blades in my build. Not as a damage skill, but as a "get to the choppa!" skill for avoidance and tactical retreats. On a semi-regular basis, i get yanked right back to the spot i was
trying to get away from, and quite a few times have died because of it.

Or another lovely example is being yanked around the immediate vicinity, often into a situation or damage-path that you were deliberately and wisely avoiding, because you started attacking mobs next to you on YOUR end, but on the server's end said mobs were still 10 feet away, so thats where the server thinks you were at.

When you're running maps, every death is an hour or 2 worth of grinding taken away from you. (or at the very least, a significant amount of precious map time-area-mobs robbed from you)

If desync wasnt there the xp penalty would be just fine because that means you, as a player, did something you should'nt have done (rushed headlong into a thick mob of heavy-hitters) or the price you pay to learn boss fight mechanics.

But it IS there, and it DOES unfairly punish players for something that is entirely NOT their fault. Unless you want to say "well the players shouldnt be running maps, then! It's their fault! Should have just hung around sarn after they killed merci dominus..maybe open up a taco shop" >.>

-Zombie#1- "That guy has passed right over us 3 times now..shouldnt we be popping out to attack?"
-Zombie#2- "No way, you saw what he did to our friends. Lets just stay down here where its safe.
Besides, you heard how angry he is..keeps shouting something about needing the last 2 to clear.."

This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Take your complaint to HC players and see if they think its "fair" they lose a character when they die.

HvC just reached level 100 in bloodlines, arguably the hardest HC league yet. You are here complaining about desync instead of building a better character. Yes deaths out of your control will happen, but you have to learn that using certain skills is asking for desync and you should play around it.

If you think the XP penalty is bad now, it was worst in closed beta.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
goetzjam wrote:
Take your complaint to HC players and see if they think its "fair" they lose a character when they die.

HvC just reached level 100 in bloodlines, arguably the hardest HC league yet. You are here complaining about desync instead of building a better character. Yes deaths out of your control will happen, but you have to learn that using certain skills is asking for desync and you should play around it.

If you think the XP penalty is bad now, it was worst in closed beta.

This is feedback. it is where people come to give their personal feedback on game issues to the devs. I can not understand why you have to make a showing in EVERY thread and crap on people's feedback.

It is not meant for you.
@goetz: "ppls play teh HC so mneh" is irrelevant here. If OP wanted harder DP (kekeke) they'd play HC.

Nonetheless, a big no thank you from me.

I could get on board with some of the more creative death penalty alternatives, solely for the benefit of the creativity, but there needs to be a penalty of some kind, at all times.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Sure we all get 'MadBro' at it. But it has got better.
Can actually get a cycloner thru a entire map without a single desync!

Would REALLY still love a 'offline' mode. NO trade/highscores/whatever that affects online mode.
I may be old and bitter, but I've learnt, I can't do online hardcore in any game. (Well Realm of the Mad God, but yeh)
I still have safe file for D2 99 hardcore toons.
I'd love to do PoE hardcore, but my heart can't take it online.

There is also... I'm enjoying a 'dex' based fast melee toon. But, US/Euro gateways where most my new POE buddys are playing, add ~300ms lag, making him pretty unplayable. (Kinda frustrating that server says, oh others killed the monsters you can't flicker, but eat the charge)

What I'm trying to say. Fix desync more. Add offline mode!
"
Xtorma wrote:
This is feedback. it is where people come to give their personal feedback on game issues to the devs. I can not understand why you have to make a showing in EVERY thread and crap on people's feedback.

It is not meant for you.

Then why are you posting? If what you say is true it's not for you either. Posting in this forum means you want community feedback, either to start discussion or get other people's opinion, whatever, just want to hear from the community. If you just want to tell the devs something, PM or email them directly. Makes no sense to post here in hopes they see it.

To the OP, no. I've been playing for a long time and can't remember the last time I died purely to desync, it was probably nemesis, which even that I think was internet problems, not actually desync.

Most desync deaths are caused by people getting into situations they should have been in the first place, getting out of sync and that dangerous situation lead to their death.

Learn to spot what you should be avoiding and also learn how to play around desync. I deal with desync all the time, but like I said, it doesn't kill me. I'm not special, I'm not way more skilled than you and everyone playing high levels in HC knows how to do it as well.
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
I would rather see a recovery mechanic than a reduced penalty. For instance, after a death you can recoup up to half the lost exp as long as you don't die again. For 20 minutes after a death you get double exp until you recoup half of the lost exp, the 20 minutes expire, or you die again.

The advantage is a greater incentive to keep going after death and it is more helpful for novices than experts. Below mapping tier you should be able to get back the full recovery without watching the clock. In low and mid maps it transitions, then by the time you reach high level maps only a small portion can be recovered.
"
PolarisOrbit wrote:
I would rather see a recovery mechanic than a reduced penalty. For instance, after a death you can recoup up to half the lost exp as long as you don't die again. For 20 minutes after a death you get double exp until you recoup half of the lost exp, the 20 minutes expire, or you die again.

The advantage is a greater incentive to keep going after death and it is more helpful for novices than experts. Below mapping tier you should be able to get back the full recovery without watching the clock. In low and mid maps it transitions, then by the time you reach high level maps only a small portion can be recovered.

Other than the time limit, this isn't a bad idea. Encourage people to push after a discouraging death. Still, I'm more in agreement with the OP because desync is such a BS way to die. If a penalty needs to exist, I'd rather it not be exp. Not sure what else would be more fitting, but losing exp takes the least fun grind in the game and extends it.
They already nerfed it; No need to nerf it anymore

~ BY THE WILL OF EVIL LORD XENU
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
You guy just cant win that battle versus fanboys and rich players: "You cant play, your build suck, you dont know mechanics". These 3 answers is an universal answers to any post about nerfing something stupid, in this case its about nerfing death penalty on desync, the answer is - your builds suck if you die. I cant describe the energy of facepalm I made, my face hurts now

If I dont reply to you - I dont give a flying duck about your opinion

If you dont reply to me - I dont care either because I dont come back to see who replied to me

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info