Remove xp penalty's from death

^ Sooooo... You looked at my account ^-^ You want a cookie or something?

You think that because I reroll before I hit 75, let alone 85, or 90, that I don't understand? Why do you think I choose to reroll onto other interesting and quirky builds, instead of entering the endless grind.

Look, I'm not here to be one of those no-men that just disagree with everything for the sake of it. I try to present or come from a well balanced perspective (most of the time). Your post, on the other hand, was rather inflammatory, and unnecessarily so.

The point still stands--As I said, it sucks when it happens, but others seem to cope somehow, and death penalty isn't going anywhere any time soon. Quit playing the victim; you're empowered to do something constructive about it, so go do it.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
"
They already nerfed it; No need to nerf it anymore

~ BY THE WILL OF EVIL LORD XENU

No need for it to exist at all except for to infuriate players.
I'm of the mind that there should be a death penalty, but the current system sucks.

It's ineffective in Cruel and Merciless in what it does, and encourages players to game it (by grinding safe areas and suicide rushing difficult ones). Later on, once you get over the psychological factor of "losing 8 hours of progress" and just accept that anything over level 86 is a bonus, it also loses all meaning.

So in other words, it punishes people who play the normal content normally without jumping through hoops to keep their XP, and later on it ONLY punishes people who are gunning for level 100.

I think it would be more interesting if dying in a map would close the map (or, if you want an even more extreme upset to the game economy, make maps spawn with only one portal per party member that is tied to each player at the time of creation). Then the penalty to death is less "wah I'll never get to 80 at this rate!" and more "damn I just lost 3c of currency on rolling a map that I only got halfway through"

It would still be something you would actively want to avoid at all costs (arguably more than the current system, since nobody likes throwing money out the window), but there would be less cursing and gnashing of teeth when it does happen.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
Last edited by gilrad on Feb 3, 2015, 3:42:08 AM
"
gilrad wrote:
I'm of the mind that there should be a death penalty, but the current system sucks.

It's ineffective in Cruel and Merciless in what it does, and encourages players to game it (by grinding safe areas and suicide rushing difficult ones). Later on, once you get over the psychological factor of "losing 8 hours of progress" and just accept that anything over level 86 is a bonus, it also loses all meaning.

So in other words, it punishes people who play the normal content normally without jumping through hoops to keep their XP, and later on it ONLY punishes people who are gunning for level 100.

I think it would be more interesting if dying in a map would close the map (or, if you want an even more extreme upset to the game economy, make maps spawn with only one portal per party member that is tied to each player at the time of creation). Then the penalty to death is less "wah I'll never get to 80 at this rate!" and more "damn I just lost 3c of currency on rolling a map that I only got halfway through"

It would still be something you would actively want to avoid at all costs (arguably more than the current system, since nobody likes throwing money out the window), but there would be less cursing and gnashing of teeth when it does happen.

A wise post this is. That's pretty much what I would like to see as well, that is actually my primary reason for not wanting to play any more, I can never try risky, or delicate builds because you simply start dying around 50-60 and hit an impassable wall, unless you have a higher level main.

I would not mind at all that if maps had harsher penalties for death, even keep the xp penalty in maps. But at least let you get there to try even with an obscure build.
"
CanHasPants wrote:
^ Sooooo... You looked at my account ^-^ You want a cookie or something?

Are you trying to humiliate me? Try better next time.

I was wondering do you really have high lvl character to defend xp loss so much? And what did I see?... You better make your account private like everyone else and then you can tell about something you dont understand freely

"
CanHasPants wrote:
You think that because I reroll before I hit 75, let alone 85, or 90, that I don't understand?

Yes, you dont understand
If I dont reply to you - I dont give a flying duck about your opinion

If you dont reply to me - I dont care either because I dont come back to see who replied to me
"
Your HIGHEST character is 69 lvl. When you die even at 80 on desync it doesnt mean much cuz you can get that 10% pretty fast. But when you die at 90+ lvl...well, you wont understand me anyway

I can hadle desync, I stopped to use gems that desync a lot, I dont run between the mobs, but sometimes.. when you on 90+ lvl character and you die due to desync.. You just dont know what is like to farm xp at 90+ lvls, what does mean even 1 death, what does mean HOURS of farming, and when you loose that hours by desync.

Desync is core feature I know it, but penalty at high lvl is a total crap, cuz people at that levels dont die on mobs, they die on desync and reflect

I hate when people get attacked for how high level their characters are rather than the points they're trying to make.

Well I have a much higher level toon than your highest, a bunch of 80s more than you and I deleted about 10 60-70s. I never died even once to desync on my 99 guy. Did she die, god yes, until 95 when I made some major changes then never died again. I'm the same guy who until recently hadn't killed cruel dom w/o dying because of lag. I've had to play in claymation basically forever because of a shitty video card and my laptop was 2-3x worse than my desktop.

Here's the deal that all of you people just flat out ignore. Desync is not a computer related issue. Most of you are labeling lag as desync and getting mad at GGG because you have a shitty computer. When you consider desync isn't a computer issue you have to look at HC. How the fuck is it possible for that many people to reach high levels in HC leagues if everyone is uncontrollably dying to desync?

Desync is avoidable and most desync deaths are a result of situations you would have died in even if you weren't desynced.

I play this game because it's unforgiving, it's hard (not as much as back in the day, but still). Most of gaming is geared for you casual people who want something you can easily burn through w/o trying, D3 is a great example. Go play those games rather than trying to water down games like these.

Having death be a bad thing is good for the game, especially one that bothers to have a HC league in the first place.
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
Last edited by Moosifer on Feb 3, 2015, 1:39:54 PM
Try to humiliate you? No, you seem quite capable of that yourself. When your argument falls apart and you resort to obvious fallacy ^-^

You failed to make any point (beginning with "u all sux must be fanboi"), and skirted around any criticism or debate (ending with "but u not no wut it liek mnuh mnuh.")

Seriously mate, I'm being the nice guy. I've no want or need to put you down. I said my piece--which btw I don't think you could have found a more balanced perspective--and you want to come in here with "you should set your profile to private" ? You needn't say another word; you've said it all already. I get you 100% ^-^

Have a good day, and enjoy your death penalty.
<3 Pants
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Oh yes, thank you guys, now I think otherwise!

Dying on desync at 90+ lvl isnt a big deal, because Moosifer told me that he and that means all the rest dont die to desync even on the way to 99 lvl! So that means desync isnt real! Its an illusion! Oh god Ive been so blind! But now I see! Its just I suck! I dont know how to play and my builds suck too! Its all was just me!

I hate myself now for attacking people that claims they know how it feels even if they havent felt it

P.S. I dont wanna argue with you, I now accept my blindness and stop to discuss this with all you.

P.P.S. @Pants: I dont have anything aganist you but I really dont think anyone can understand the rage on high lvls when you die not on your fault if you didnt die at high lvl to that crap, including you

Death penalty is good but its really bad with fucking desync, I made my point. Cheers
If I dont reply to you - I dont give a flying duck about your opinion

If you dont reply to me - I dont care either because I dont come back to see who replied to me
And you're still holding on the back that desync is random and uncontrollable. So the point stands that if that's so, how are people able to get to high levels w/o dying?

The problem isn't the penalty, the servers, desync or anything, it's you and your playstyle.

Again, desync sucks but if you want shit like eva/acc it isn't going away. Learn to play with it or just find another game.

But whatever, my side is the status quo so if you keep up with your weak arguments you'll never convince someone in power for any real change.
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
"
Moosifer wrote:
When you consider desync isn't a computer issue you have to look at HC. How the fuck is it possible for that many people to reach high levels in HC leagues if everyone is uncontrollably dying to desync?

Desync is avoidable and most desync deaths are a result of situations you would have died in even if you weren't desynced.

Hold up a minute. I have a problem with talking about the death penalty on the basis of what HC players do. HC players avoid dying... well so what; they chose to play HC. I didn't choose to play HC, and the difference in the way deaths are handled is literally the entire point of that decision. An SC-only concern should never be made on the basis of what players who chose to play HC leagues do (or do not do).

Now I'm not saying that SC players should be encouraged to die willy-nilly. I made a post on page 1 if you want to review my opinion. What I'm saying in this post is leave HC out of it! For people who want to do that, there is the option to actually play HC. People in SC league have made the choice not to do that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info