Remove xp penalty's from death

"
goetzjam wrote:
but you have to learn that using certain skills is asking for desync and you should play around it.

Have to disagree here a bit, the devs are in the responsibility to deliver a well working and stable game at least as much as possible, this is also at least a widely used tenor in the gaming industry.

Since not all skills are doomed to cause sync related problems its clearly a conceptional and a (skill-)design related failure of particular skills.

A technical issue is not a feature nor an intended additional difficulty, its just plain simply a technical issue.

I really don't know how you feel as loyal supporter and what expectations you have if you support GGG with hard earned money but as for my part i'd like to see a bit more quality assurance from the company i support, sometimes i got the feeling that GGG's top section doesn't want to "waste" developer resources on fixing skills, they seem to have a different agenda and the focus is on something else.

Just an analogy: if an airline company would have the same type of quality assurance no one in the world would ever take a flight anymore because its not so funny if an airplane "desyncs" into a mountain or into the ocean because the company decided to focus more on aircraft paintings and interior design.

:)
- Best Signature Ever -
Last edited by BestUsernameEver on Feb 1, 2015, 6:17:45 AM
"
You guy just cant win that battle versus fanboys and rich players: "You cant play, your build suck, you dont know mechanics". These 3 answers is an universal answers to any post about nerfing something stupid, in this case its about nerfing death penalty on desync, the answer is - your builds suck if you die. I cant describe the energy of facepalm I made, my face hurts now

They aren't fanboys just because they disagree with you.

Not sure what "rich" means to you but you play in standard where awesome gear is dirt cheap. So I don't really know what your point is with that comment, that people who disagree with you are super rich and have stuff that you can not get?
Standard Forever
Without any serious death penalty it becomes totally meaningless how safe you built your build and gear.

GGG should rather focus on balancing stuff better: Ranged vs melee, aoe vs single target, crit vs non crit, 2h vs 1h, etc. Then the penalties from deaths and risks that you take hit the different kinds of builds more evenly (e.g. when fighting bosses).
The Exp penalty is just fine IMO! there are much more important things the Devs need to worry about to make the game better!

The Exp penalty is there so you cant just run the hardest maps with the most quantity on the maps and just suicide your way to good loot AND exp! which is exactly what would happen if they did so!

A bunch of glass cannons running maps for profit and with no downside!
"Hey the boss one shot me but my one shot i got in took half his life so this next portal ill drop him for sure and still have 4 portals to bring all the LOOTZ out! and if he one shots me again in the process ill still have 3 portals to bring out my LOOTZ! oh damn.... and im STILL gonna lvl off this map too!" \m/

Not even to mention how much of a joke it would make getting a character to lvl 100 would be if they did that as well! getting to 100 should be work... it should NOT come easy to everyone! it shouldn't even come to everyone only those who put the time and effort in of grinding hard and playing well!

Besides in my exp because of the penalty.... i NEVER die the same way twice!
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
"
Just an analogy: if an airline company would have the same type of quality assurance no one in the world would ever take a flight anymore because its not so funny if an airplane "desyncs" into a mountain or into the ocean because the company decided to focus more on aircraft paintings and interior design.

:)

No, this analogy means that whenever you desync in POE you die in real life. It's an extreme example that sounds flashy and relevant but isn't.

Desync sucks, and I'm not supporting it being here, I would love for it to be gone. Some reason defending exp penalty and saying "play around it" somehow comes across as me supporting the company blindly or people thinking I want desync, which is stupid.

We play a game where desync exists. The mechanics of the game make it so desync will always exist, which it exists in every game anyways, it's just more pronounced here because of shit like acc/evasion. So if you're going to play a game that's known for desync, prepare to deal with desync. As there are people above lvl 60 in HC leagues, it means dying from desync is not unavoidable. Just like making a decent build takes some skill and practice, not dying from desync requires that same thing. It's not about perfectly avoiding it at all times, it's knowing when it's possible and how to avoid putting yourself in bad situations. Which learning which situations to avoid is an extremely good habit to learn because even if desync didn't exist you'd have to learn this because it's how you become a better player.

As for the penalty itself, this isn't a casual game. Dying is a bad thing. It's not a game about completion, it's a game about grinding and progression. A penalty encourages people to avoid death, doing so by working on a good tree, finding decent/good gear and playing in a skillful manner.
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
Last edited by Moosifer on Feb 1, 2015, 11:34:17 AM
desync is desync, and OP is fucking right about it.

...................................................₪₪╔═══════════════════════╗₪₪
░▒▓██████▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░▀▄▀ⓡ ⓔ ⓑ ⓔ ⓛ ●๋ ⓔ ⓧ ⓘ ⓛ ⓔ▀▄▀░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓██████▓▒░
...................................................₪₪╚═══════════════════════╝₪₪
"
Kandamo wrote:
desync is desync, and OP is fucking right about it.

Thanks for adding to the discussion. Glad to have this piece of knowledge shared and really bringing this discussion to the next level.
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
"
Moosifer wrote:

No, this analogy means that whenever you desync in POE you die in real life. It's an extreme example that sounds flashy and relevant but isn't.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Analogy#Rhetoric
- Best Signature Ever -
"
iamstryker wrote:
"
You guy just cant win that battle versus fanboys and rich players: "You cant play, your build suck, you dont know mechanics". These 3 answers is an universal answers to any post about nerfing something stupid, in this case its about nerfing death penalty on desync, the answer is - your builds suck if you die. I cant describe the energy of facepalm I made, my face hurts now

They aren't fanboys just because they disagree with you.

Not sure what "rich" means to you but you play in standard where awesome gear is dirt cheap. So I don't really know what your point is with that comment, that people who disagree with you are super rich and have stuff that you can not get?

Fanboys think eveerything is perfect as it is

Rich is who mirror geared and cant be killed no matter how they play or who they facetank

You must be a true fanboy if you say theres no desync, its just we cant play. And you must have super cool gear to say its our builds suck if we cant survive on desync

Who are *they*? who *desagree* with me? Im not poor, I can buy anything I want, I just read forums and post sometimes, and see comments and sometimes I think people on drugs who post here and dont see so big, so real flaws but they keep saying everything is fine, your build suck, go learn how to play.

Sometimes people asking or posting bullshit, but 90% of the whines is the things that must be changed to bring us fun.

I think that xp loss is a totall bullshit because almost all my deaths due to desync, I dont know how that could be even argued, I cant understand.

Game has a lot of flaws, people keep asking about solusions and some people, who live on forums, keep saying everything is fine.

Game is fun, but it has so many frustrations that now its bring more frustrations than fun, and I dont play like a month now, I wanna play it but not in current version with all its crap, and new content wont bring me back if all that crap still remains in the game. Other games gives me no frustrations and rages like PoE.

To say that I just played too much and need a break is bullshit, I have been playing NWN2 4 years straight and still play it with pleasure. But can play PoE anymore not cuz its a crap game but cuz of many thing that bring nothing else but rage and frustration

P.S. speaking about devouresrs: I can run succesfully 20 Dark Forests in a row and kill any devouresr sucseefully but sometimes I cant do anything to them and they kill me like Im naked, on desync , on their stupid stack damage,I dunno, whatever. And when I loose all that xp of that 20 successful map, when those 20 maps becomes nothing...its brings me so much rage I bet you cant underestand. So if theres a possibillity to die on desync or on something you cant control and have no way to survive - that crap must be fixed, nerfed, deleted, whatever.
If I dont reply to you - I dont give a flying duck about your opinion

If you dont reply to me - I dont care either because I dont come back to see who replied to me
Last edited by The_Great_Alex on Feb 2, 2015, 9:43:17 AM
When you get to the point where the xp penalty actually matters, you are already punished for dying: you lose a valuable portal.

Removing the xp penalty in Standard league, would make Standard league more popular for casual players. It would be a change with no negative downsides.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info