Remove xp penalty's from death

"
goetzjam wrote:
"
Mooginator wrote:
"
PolarisOrbit wrote:
That this topic has gone on so long after Chris addressed it is really surprising to me. I guess that just shows how important the subject is to players.

^^^ Exactly that.

The thread stopped for 3 days, wasn't on the front page and you revive it with exactly that.

I mean I don't think there could be a less useful contribution to the thread.

Although your contribution and this contribution could reasonably be considered even less useful. :-D
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!

"
Although your contribution and this contribution could reasonably be considered even less useful. :-D

Read the thread I've contributed plenty, my comment lets him know that his comment is pointless and contributes nothing, so while it adds nothing directly to the conversation\discussion it lets him know that his comment is pointless and he should actually contribute something of value, that alone has merits worth replying to.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
My fault, Goetz, I posted this threads link into one that had started in GD with the somewhat forlorn hope that we wouldn't have to thrash out another frigging 69 pages of it.

== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Many of my friends moved to D3 just because desync, I think to be the next one.
The most recent example: I see myself in one side of room monsters in the other.
In next moment I die just next to them.
It's so nice to die because of server fault. If I add the EXP which I lost because of death caused by desync I would have minimum 10-15 lvls ahead.

I'm 88 lvl templar with flame totems. Desync causes so many problems to me.
Often I can't place totems cause of it, I'm squishy, so I have to get the best spot or I would be oneshoted. So because I'm 88 lvl and I get exp so fucking slow, it's so fucking annoying when I lost 3-4 hours by dying because of desync. So, I think to stop playing this game, I like it but no, I don't want to waste my nerves and time. I understand to have bugs 2,3-5 months after, but it's been two fucking years and you care only about your fucking skins. This is the only game that has that problem.
Yes, every other game has to fight with the desync, but they do it properly and the player even not even feel it. You said the game caluclate many things like walls, lightenings, etc. So, Dota 2 too but I never had problems with desync in Dota 2. In LoL too and actually in every other game...
Last edited by Pr07o7yp3 on May 27, 2015, 7:37:38 AM
"
Pr07o7yp3 wrote:
Many of my friends moved to D3 just because desync, I think to be the next one.
The most recent example: I see myself in one side of room monsters in the other.
In next moment I die just next to them.
It's so nice to die because of server fault. If I add the EXP which I lost because of death caused by desync I would have minimum 10-15 lvls ahead.

I'm 88 lvl templar with flame totems. Desync causes so many problems to me.
Often I can't place totems cause of it, I'm squishy, so I have to get the best spot or I would be oneshoted. So because I'm 88 lvl and I get exp so fucking slow, it's so fucking annoying when I lost 3-4 hours by dying because of desync. So, I think to stop playing this game, I like it but no, I don't want to waste my nerves and time. I understand to have bugs 2,3-5 months after, but it's been two fucking years and you care only about your fucking skins. This is the only game that has that problem.
Yes, every other game has to fight with the desync, but they do it properly and the player even not even feel it. You said the game caluclate many things like walls, lightenings, etc. So, Dota 2 too but I never had problems with desync in Dota 2. In LoL too and actually in every other game...

ZZZ resurrect a dead thread.

Desync is gone in beta and will be gone in early July (date yet to be announced) with the addition of lockstep mode.

Dota 2 and League both use a connection method similar to lockstep, which is being added with the new act, currently PoE uses predictive mode, but if you have decent ping to the servers you won't have any issues using the new method.

I urge you to try PoE again or don't worry about leveling until the new mode is added into the game.

https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
Idk who put it in the game but it's a real fucking stupid mechanic and [Removed by Support]. It takes long as fuck right now to get any levels and now they extend it even further for the people who hardly play by punishing them when they die to stupid bullshit 1 shot mechanics.
Last edited by Jared_GGG on Jun 1, 2015, 3:34:27 PM
I feel that the game has no place having an xp penalty from dying simply for 1 reason.

The game gives the player ZERO feedback on how you died or how to prevent that death. No on death log to see "oh i was shock stacked" "oh i was melee hit for 90% of my life b/c i have low armor"

I get the 1 shot wind up mechanics that you just need to avoid. But When i run 3 lvl 74 maps just fine. Then do a Torture Chamber and try the boss for the first time and get wrecked, loose all the xp i just earned in 3 maps and the game gives me no feedback how to prevent said death other than "play better" or just "dont do bosses"

Mind you this is on a RF+Incinerate Marauder thats 84. I shouldnt have to run maps that are 12+ levels below my toon b/c the off chance some boss i have never seen before has some gimmick mechanic that i die to and have no way to learn and become a better player than just not doing bosses all together or spending time researching every damn boss in every map.

TL:DR - XP penalty should be removed until the game does a better job at giving you feedback on what killed you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info