unique items *no longer updated*

"
CookieVortex wrote:
If data is accurate then max DPS on that sword is 333,5. And that must be a max roll. Also chaos dmg is not scaled, attack speed isn't too high. There are almost 100 sword in Poexplorer with 330 DPS, and mostly with better attack speed. This sword really misses sth to be what Lioneye is for rangers. It's a good sword but not superior.
The main thing is, even if it is 264 dps, the physical and chaos damage don't get affected by Weapon Elemental Damage, which is a huge multiplier. And compared to a high pure phys sword that'd scale from Physical passives, this sword is Hybrid.

It'd be good for non-rich ele-cleavers as a stepping-stone weapon.
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
Putting Chaos damage in the "Elemental damage" list on the sword is a bug.
Also that sword looks sweet as hell.
---
"
CookieVortex wrote:
This sword really misses sth to be what Lioneye is for rangers.

Lioneye's is far from the gold standard for uniques.
"
pneuma wrote:
"
CookieVortex wrote:
This sword really misses sth to be what Lioneye is for rangers.

Lioneye's is far from the gold standard for uniques.
Yeah, Tabula Rasa is the gold standard. The best, coolest, most well designed and UNIQUE Unique in the game.. It's perfection is astounding... Must.. Have... Shirt... Preciousszz *Gollum*
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
My sword is better than the new unique sword :(

[Hardcore league]
IGN: Jeria / Metalgrid
"
jerg wrote:
Perhaps.. it depends on your build. The new unique is by no means crappy though.

That is the whole point of uniques. To be good/useful/interesting in some way, but in the end a well rolled rare will probably be better.

By the way.. this thread received approximately 8000 views since the release of the patch.
Last edited by FaceLicker on Jun 25, 2013, 11:30:55 PM
God. Damn. This. Shit.

I've been wanting to see a "Converts Chaos Damage to Fire" mechanic for a long time, because the threat of Chaos Inoculation does weird things for Chaos skills in PvP, so it would be nice to have a unique or keystone to convert Chaos to Fire (or some other element).

But now you can't convert to Fire, because if you did this item would trigger an infinite regress. At least not with a keystone nor with a unique that isn't slotted to the chest.

Why make it this way? Why not convert the chaos damage to fire instead, knowing that it's a problem with CI? WHY?

RAGE.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jun 25, 2013, 11:31:27 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Why make it this way? Why not convert the chaos damage to fire instead, knowing that it's a problem with CI? WHY?
It's GGG's rules for conversion. You can convert Physical->Fire->Cold->Lightning->Chaos. You can convert going from left to right, but you can never go back up the chain.

The order is not exactly right I think.. but close enough.
Last edited by FaceLicker on Jun 25, 2013, 11:34:02 PM
"
jerg wrote:

damn, nice sword.
GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
God. Damn. This. Shit.

I've been wanting to see a "Converts Chaos Damage to Fire" mechanic for a long time, because the threat of Chaos Inoculation does weird things for Chaos skills in PvP, so it would be nice to have a unique or keystone to convert Chaos to Fire (or some other element).

But now you can't convert to Fire, because if you did this item would trigger an infinite regress. At least not with a keystone nor with a unique that isn't slotted to the chest.

RAGE.

For those who don't know, Inferno Mantle seems to be based off of this Touhou character:

http://touhou.wikia.com/wiki/Utsuho_Reiuji

'Utsuho Reiuji or Okuu is one of Satori's pets, a Hell Raven who has lived in the underground world since before it was separated from Hell. Her job is to regulate the flames of the Hell of Blazing Fires.'

[Hardcore league]
IGN: Jeria / Metalgrid
Last edited by jerg on Jun 25, 2013, 11:42:10 PM

IGN: LetsGoOffOnATangent

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info