unique items *no longer updated*

"
fkpoker wrote:
Found this one just now

264.18 DPS, very nice with some elemental buffs and increases.
Not playing anymore. Send me a PM if you want something (I check daily my messages).
Last edited by Sigandr on Jun 25, 2013, 10:44:24 PM
"
Cudez wrote:
"
FaceLicker wrote:
Nuclear Raven's unique has been posted on Reddit

Umm abit confused how the drop mechanics work. Does this actually lower the chance of getting a Shavronne since they are the same base item?

Yes. GG. Definitely not rolling.

RIP.
Last edited by VegaszTheFarmer on Jun 25, 2013, 10:45:20 PM
"
Sheriff_K wrote:
They made it so better Uniques have a lower chance to roll. So this Unique probably makes Shavronne's 2-10x harder to get Drop or Chance.

Chance, maybe. I always thought of unique drop rates to be independent of base item drop rates. If you got a really rare unique, it rolled one of those uniques from the available rare unique pool (limited by zone/item level). Not that when a base item dropped, it has a chance to be unique.

Saying this because of what I quoted.
"
fkpoker wrote:
Found this one just now

DAT CLEAVE
From my understanding of the way Unique drops work, it doesn't impact the Shavronne's drop chance. Unless I misunderstood the last bit of news I heard about this stuff, the game currently follows this system: when drops are being calculated, there is a slight chance for a Unique item to drop. If this roll is successful, the Unique item is chosen. Base doesn't come into play here.

It does, however, make Shavronne's harder to get with Orb of Chance.
Former player moderator, valued poster, and early-adopter responsible for The Blood Dance.

GGG has forgotten where they came from. As a result, I no longer support the deceitful, corporate Tencent slave sellouts running this game.
That sword is 285.64 dps with quality, and I highly doubt those rolls are max. Wow, that sword is insane.
IGN: Thorriorzz

Racing is what I do.
Infernal Mantle - will work on the sword now
Last edited by FaceLicker on Jun 25, 2013, 10:46:15 PM
"
Cudez wrote:
"
Godsblackarm wrote:
"
"Stratified the drop rates of Unique items so that some of them are more common (especially build-enabling ones), and powerful ones are still extremely rare. The drop rates of Unique items are no longer proportional to their item type. A common Unique ring is now as likely to drop as a common Unique weapon."

Should mean it only lowers the drop rate on Shavronne's because there is another strong unique in the pool of them, not because they're of the same base type.

Doesnt this mean that:

a) Uniques are no longer proportional to base item.
b) Uniques have base drop rate according to which they drop.

For example, if Shavronne has 0.01% drop rate it doesnt matter if another unique with same base item has been created.

Seems that Shavronne did not just get harder to get.

Could very possibly mean this. I just assumed that uniques had a tier list.

Regardless, I extremely doubt they'd make an item harder to obtain by releasing another item of the base type.
"
fkpoker wrote:
Found this one just now

That one would have 286 DPS (with 20% quality). But chaos damage can't be boosted by passives. If possible rolls are noticable higher, that sword can become something good. Otherwise not.

Last edited by CookieVortex on Jun 25, 2013, 10:47:08 PM
"
CookieVortex wrote:
"
fkpoker wrote:
Found this one just now

That one would have 286 DPS (with 20% quality). But chaos damage can't be boosted by passives. If possible rolls are noticable higher, that sword can become something good. Otherwise not.

How about if you link Cleave with quality Added Chaos?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info