Kamikaze Clones : LL Mirror Arrow Instability Proliferation

"
Very valuable feedback Frolamiz, thank you.

I just tested Ice Shot, and... Wow. So freakishly good. I have no idea how I failed to think of that one, especially considering how much time I spent trying to abuse temp chains + frozen ground as much as possible. This is working so well. I'd be surprised if it didn't make it into the final build. I'll make sure to credit you for that !

It's a pleasure ;)
Without you sharing your build, I may have never got to enjoy playing it.

I gained some levels and now I am thinking that the burning made by the clones is definitely in the top four of the game, and the strongest spammable one. Vaal RF is definitely at the top, but is hard to use and can't be spammed, discharge need charges and is more dangerous (reflect, positioning), flameblast need to be channeled and is also dangerous with reflects. I didn't play much with discharge and flameblast because I don't like the gameplay, but I doubt they can make a burning as strong as this one. A level 16 skill oneshotting every bosses up to lv 69 (I'm doing my low level unidentified maps since I can still gain xp in them, so I didn't got higher yet) without the danger of reflects or channeling feel completely unbalanced (well I'll see what it does in latter maps, but it should work as good as now if the life scaling is similar as the one of the other minion in later levels). The only boss I didn't manage to oneshot was in a map curse immune and fire resist.

I don't know how much life they have, but it's probably a lot, seeing the damages even thought there aren’t that much scaling with fire. The description don't speak about the life of the minion, and I don't think minion instability take ES into account for the explosion like vaal RF, but it's hard to tell.

I also thought about a way to "bypass" the cooldown of mirror arrow by including blink arrow in the 6th link, since they have the same global cooldown. Having blink arrow ready to be used at any moment seem great for escaping, not to mention letting behind you a clone to kill what made you escape. For now I have a mirror arrow that cost 58 mana and 16 mana regen, so I can't even make full use of it alone, but I will definitely try it later.
Last edited by Frolamiz on Feb 23, 2015, 12:28:29 PM
you mention that this build is fully functioning at 65, what do you do up till then, can you level with this build and starting when?
Spoiler
"
Frolamiz wrote:
"
Very valuable feedback Frolamiz, thank you.

I just tested Ice Shot, and... Wow. So freakishly good. I have no idea how I failed to think of that one, especially considering how much time I spent trying to abuse temp chains + frozen ground as much as possible. This is working so well. I'd be surprised if it didn't make it into the final build. I'll make sure to credit you for that !

It's a pleasure ;)
Without you sharing your build, I may have never got to enjoy playing it.

I gained some levels and now I am thinking that the burning made by the clones is definitely in the top four of the game, and the strongest spammable one. Vaal RF is definitely at the top, but is hard to use and can't be spammed, discharge need charges and is more dangerous (reflect, positioning), flameblast need to be channeled and is also dangerous with reflects. I didn't play much with discharge and flameblast because I don't like the gameplay, but I doubt they can make a burning as strong as this one. A level 16 skill oneshotting every bosses up to lv 69 (I'm doing my low level unidentified maps since I can still gain xp in them, so I didn't got higher yet) without the danger of reflects or channeling feel completely unbalanced (well I'll see what it does in latter maps, but it should work as good as now if the life scaling is similar as the one of the other minion in later levels). The only boss I didn't manage to oneshot was in a map curse immune and fire resist.

I don't know how much life they have, but it's probably a lot, seeing the damages even thought there aren’t that much scaling with fire. The description don't speak about the life of the minion, and I don't think minion instability take ES into account for the explosion like vaal RF, but it's hard to tell.

I also thought about a way to "bypass" the cooldown of mirror arrow by including blink arrow in the 6th link, since they have the same global cooldown. Having blink arrow ready to be used at any moment seem great for escaping, not to mention letting behind you a clone to kill what made you escape. For now I have a mirror arrow that cost 58 mana and 16 mana regen, so I can't even make full use of it alone, but I will definitely try it later.

MI got 2700 base life at level 20 and gets about 11% more each level after that. Minion dmg works the same way on the minion as fire damage works on your own char, it gives burn dmg as well.

Minion instability dont take ES into account it says so on the skill itself.

This build is very very strong because you dont need many expensive items and got fast clear speed. Other builds can clear about as fast but they would need very strong gear.

My guess is the biggest weakness about this build is not haveing any leech and running into alot of burst dmg from physical leapers/spells can kill you?
IGN: eLdiLdoRadO
Last edited by takeme on Feb 23, 2015, 4:46:32 PM
Re:leveling - I still need to flesh out a section about that. In short, the build doesn't really work before 65ish, I do not recommend it. I am leveling a second char for this in Torment (currently 60) Which I just twinked with Facebreakers. Not the smoothest experience but it works with barely any respeccing. If you have a bit of currency and gear available, leveling as a low life caster would be cool. You can switch to LL as early as mid Cruel with a Crown of Thorns, a Cassock and a rare ES Shield. There's that great LL leveling guide that I will link to when I'm off mobile.

Re:greatest weakness of the build - right now I'd say it's the risk of stun locking. Using a Chalupa is tempting, although the life penalty really hurts (Shavs users get a large advantage here).

Re:Minion life numbers - tooltip for lvl20 with all passives is 7.5k. Empowering the gem to 27 (+3 bow and Empower 4, which is admittedly a bit unrealistic for most) literally doubles it. Lvl27 with Minion Life support goes over 20k life on the tooltip.
I'm proud I made the build that got hotfix nerfed by 80% in under a week :
Kamikaze Clones /1204796 (LL Mirror Arrow Instability Prolif)
Last edited by PepprmintButler on Feb 23, 2015, 6:35:34 PM
I feel like this build wont live long, but I hope I am wrong.

One of best builds I've ever seen.
You dont know me and probably wont even read that message but bro you make all the coolest poe build!!! Keep up the good work and gratz on this build its my favorite build of yours so far :D!

Edit: not "of yours" favorite build ever lol
Last edited by VictorPoirier on Feb 23, 2015, 8:48:11 PM
"
You dont know me and probably wont even read that message

I did read it :P
Thanks man, that's really nice to hear.
Would additional arrow on the soul strike benefit the mirror image damage at all?
GMT -7:00 PST
Last edited by nosl1w on Feb 23, 2015, 11:06:03 PM
"
nosl1w wrote:
Would additional arrow on the soul strike benefit the mirror image damage at all?

Slightly, it's one more arrow for the CoH attack. It does nothing for Mirror Arrow.

While not much, that's still the best corruption I can think of in that slot (and the base implicit is useless to us so yeah, BiS)
This is such a cool build. Will defintly give it a go sometime! Seems stupidly effective for the cost :3

[Edit]Also, how do you think this build would work with the Holy Fire cluster? might be overkill right?
Last edited by Qupex on Feb 23, 2015, 11:34:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info