Kamikaze Clones : LL Mirror Arrow Instability Proliferation

The thing that bums me the most is that you can't really make Quill Rain and MA+BA work without a 6L anymore (for endgame anyway, you now need at least one of min dmg or Empower or the damage gets too lacking). It's an extremely fun playstyle so I'm sad to see it become gated by a price tag that most players cannot afford.

I've tried MA+BA in a cheapo 6L bow (below) but without the speed of QR you just don't get much mileage out of it - the cycle of cursing, shooting and positioning often takes the full 4 seconds of the cooldown anyway. It ends up feeling super awkward.

I guess I'll be trying to drop Inc AoE (with Hyrris to try to compensate a bit) for MA-BA-ignite-prolif-min dmg/empower, but I expect low AoE to be super awkward in it's own right.
I'm proud I made the build that got hotfix nerfed by 80% in under a week :
Kamikaze Clones /1204796 (LL Mirror Arrow Instability Prolif)
Last edited by PepprmintButler on Feb 27, 2015, 6:50:13 AM
I think In AOE is pretty much mandatory or it will ridiculously cripple clear speed, unless it's for single target dmg. Too few way to scale the radius. Hyrr Bite doesn't do much, actually, unless you're very good at marksmanship...

So for high maps we need 6L +3 bow with increase projectile speed now? That sad...
Last edited by wiwigvn on Feb 27, 2015, 7:15:49 AM
A +3 bow cost like 1ex on torment and getting a 5L is not that hard, its not the end of the world and thats more then enough.
IGN: eLdiLdoRadO
"
wiwigvn wrote:
So for high maps we need 6L +3 bow with increase projectile speed now? That sad...

That's not what I said. I was talking about running MA+BA which is more socket intensive (but more fun). I think we can still get by with a 5L +2 bow. No question a +3 5L will fare well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OoNEytDH78&feature=youtu.be
While doing a jungle valley, I thought about showing the damage Mirror arrow can still do post patch.
Yes, it's not a map 78 or anything difficult (at my level it's a waste to go in them anyway), but my mirror arrow is level 18 in a quill rain with four supports (because there is also blink arrow), so the damages should be the same in a white 5L with a mirror arrow level 18 since quill rain only give attack/projectile speed.
Last edited by Frolamiz on Feb 27, 2015, 11:34:32 AM
"In a perfect world you would want a grove bow base, and on top of the +3 : master crafted Damage over Time (Leo lvl3)"

Does this even work? I'd say the source of the burn is the minion so this falls in the same category as %fire damage and thus doesn't work, or...?

Blink arrow and mirror arrow's minion use your bow and quiver, so they benefit from their stats.
Cross posting an answer I made here :

"
For the record, the post-nerf video I posted was with the following gear :

Shipyard : 5L in the chest, bow irrelevant - which I wrote as "white bow", which is not factually correct as I was using a 6L casually crafted from white for a bit of chaos res and proj speed.
The 6L there is used for cursing, the 3rd curse being purely defensive. You can get to that clear speed with relatively cheap gear if you compromise a bit on the defenses (skip the third curse, wear a Broken Crown instead of a Vertex, etc ; then you can use a Quill Rain which feels a lot better). In that setup you do feel a very significant slowdown on curse immune or fire resist maps. Isolated rares or blue packs with these mods don't seem to be much of an issue to me.

Courtyard bosses : lvl20 gem in a +3 bow with lvl4 empower, which is pretty close to the optimal possible setup (would need a 21/20 MA gem to do better). Although there were only 4 supports on MA, so it's technically also a 5L (the 6th had blink arrow in there, which I don't think I used).
The kill is IMO really fast, which is what I was trying to show. I cleared the rest of the map with the same setup as the shipyard, and I could probably have done the bosses in the same way, although that would certainly have taken longer - probably about twice as long, as 1:2 is about the power ratio between a level 20 and level 27 gem.
I tried a fire resist shrine with a lvl26 5L setup (which is a level of investment I consider the build should be able to do that at) and it wasn't super facerolly, Piety needed a few more shots than I expected, but it was workable. Haven't tried a hexproof one but I expect it would be a bit nightmarish.

I'm still trying to come up with adjusted setups for post-nerf. I can't and won't try to assess properly how adequate the nerf value was until I get more mileage on it.
Last edited by PepprmintButler on Feb 28, 2015, 8:48:25 AM
Has anyone tried it with triple curse? Flammability / Ele Weakness / Vulnerability

And has anyone tried it using just blink arrow?

"
VixTrader wrote:
Has anyone tried it with triple curse? Flammability / Ele Weakness / Vulnerability

And has anyone tried it using just blink arrow?

Vuln I haven't actually tried yet, it was complete overkill before the patch, it would make a bit more sense now but triple cursing without any of them being defensive seems like a bit of a waste. Hopefully it's not needed (I don't think it is).

Just blink arrow is plain worse than just mirror arrow IMO.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info