[2.2] MorgNThorg's level 100 all rounder melee berserker - uber / core / grandmaster map capable

I made a deathless run on the extended (5 wings) grandmaster map. Didn't record the full run because I tried out various setups just made a video proof on it. I hopefully can record a run as well later. I also added a section to the OP about some tactics I used on the map.
Last edited by MorgNThorg on Sep 4, 2015, 2:52:11 PM
Great builds, love the combination of defense and offense.

Only this made me laugh a bit...

"
MorgNThorg wrote:

Despite it's downsides I really like abyssus. It just gives soo much damage that you can have quite good dps even with mediocre weapons.

"Mediocre Weapons"... and then showing mirrored rapier and dagger and even a mirror tier sceptre (holy shit! I'm jelly!)... ;)
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Sep 6, 2015, 7:50:30 AM
"
Peterlerock wrote:
Great builds, love the combination of defense and offense.

Only this made me laugh a bit...

"
MorgNThorg wrote:

Despite it's downsides I really like abyssus. It just gives soo much damage that you can have quite good dps even with mediocre weapons.

"Mediocre Weapons"... and then showing mirrored rapier and dagger and even a mirror tier sceptre (holy shit! I'm jelly!)... ;)

Thanks :) Yep that sentence in that context can be a bit weird, but I really mean that you don't need such a weapon when wearing abyssus to reach good endgame dps. I usually like to play crit 1H builds in temp legaues as well and it's quite hard to craft or trade a really good weapon there. You can see an example weapon in the "Legacy free and low budget version" section which I used in the warbands legaue.
No need to explain it, I just thought it was funny. ;)
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Updated gear for reaching better chaos resist - 40% ATM from the negative department :) Also gained 11k dps buffed while maintaining other stats. I'll be playing in the flashback event in the next few weeks, but I'll try to upload a run in the newly extended grandmaster hall in the near future.
I managed to score a melee uber Atziri kill with this build! One can say I didn't rush for this achievement, but in the past I sold all my uber portals to gather currency for gear upgrades, didn't want to risk them as they value(d) a lot. Now as I consider the gear completed I thought why not risk a bit of currency for this challange? Even with this powerfull character I found this map very difficult and challanging as a melee character. I managed to get to atziri deathless (I didn't use immortal call despite wearing abyssus even on the trio fight) and died 2 times while fighting her. I'll update the OP later with my tactics applied in this map.
"
MorgNThorg wrote:
I'll update the OP later with my tactics applied in this map.

Added to the OP.
This will be my build in the upcoming Talisman League. Thank you for sharing!

About the jewels; Is there a must on + Life per mobs hit to make it work? Is it something I should go for or is other stats like max life better? I've seen similar builds that need stats like that to work.
"
DunderQQ wrote:
This will be my build in the upcoming Talisman League. Thank you for sharing!

About the jewels; Is there a must on + Life per mobs hit to make it work? Is it something I should go for or is other stats like max life better? I've seen similar builds that need stats like that to work.

I'm glad you liked the build.

No, life gain on hit is not necessary on jewels. The life leech gem gives enough sustain for the build. Even that is only necessary for really hard content. Otherwise flasks and the replenish from aegis is just fine most of the time.

However it is advisable to use some mana gain on hit jewels, if you don't use acuity, because skill mana sustain can be problematic without the instant mana leech on crit from the gloves.
Hi dude, im working on dagger version, what do you think about this passive tree? It can be improved?
Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAWGPG2IzPPfz2SF8_7w4UIFBH5FF5OX7iGj7p1QHnpzCezZ_LGJG8n_xLFE2E72EhGlU26HrvBS107drBQKCsrwz3qZXAvzJOG5di7MGCTUYvzITZvTZHfr6nZU12rM9-rY3ZYfcy6hiYb9wjkn3lz2oBl7RVqXKp-6oGOT0Pr6fE9lFg8wb-VA3NK1AczhR1GNt08SFgKaV_K1b6d9cFtY2_UUcwfLTFwuxsjGKsnapNkiP2jX3_3iT951T_HG-EOq0x-3_j8i894tfLTGCjihutSO5Tu0SeVw3SIYIH8kFHBtvnfeMs4axmuT7YdmND8uHximwI

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info