[2.2] MorgNThorg's level 100 all rounder melee berserker - uber / core / grandmaster map capable

"
silentowl wrote:
Hi dude, im working on dagger version, what do you think about this passive tree? It can be improved?
Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAWGPG2IzPPfz2SF8_7w4UIFBH5FF5OX7iGj7p1QHnpzCezZ_LGJG8n_xLFE2E72EhGlU26HrvBS107drBQKCsrwz3qZXAvzJOG5di7MGCTUYvzITZvTZHfr6nZU12rM9-rY3ZYfcy6hiYb9wjkn3lz2oBl7RVqXKp-6oGOT0Pr6fE9lFg8wb-VA3NK1AczhR1GNt08SFgKaV_K1b6d9cFtY2_UUcwfLTFwuxsjGKsnapNkiP2jX3_3iT951T_HG-EOq0x-3_j8i894tfLTGCjihutSO5Tu0SeVw3SIYIH8kFHBtvnfeMs4axmuT7YdmND8uHximwI

Actually this tree looks quite similar to the dagger version I used in 1.3. It allocates more points for block and damage but has a lower life pool potential than the sword version because it takes only one jewel slot (I use %life jewels in all my four sockets). Not a bad one I suppose, but if you go so far to the shadow area maybe it's worth also taking the Nightstalker cluster (you can drop the weapon artistry branch for example.)

Another approach you may try out is this one. It's quite similar to my actual sword version. The main difference is that I dropped the fatal blade cluster and a jewel socket for the Command of steel and Deadly Dilettante clusters (and a few other points here and there). This one is maybe a bit more balanced in damage and defense wise.

side note: I linked it in the official tree, because poe builder displays a few nodes incorrectly, for example the marauder starting node melee damage (missing 16 life) and the strong arm notable (missing 5% damage and 1% attack speed).
I opted for this tree version, decent dps and 4 jewel slot for increase hp and resistance
I think i can hit 5.5k hp with good jewel

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAWGPG2IzPPfz2SF8_7w4UIFBH5FF5OX7iGj7p1QHnpzCezZ_LGJG8n_xLFE2E72EhGlU26HrvBS107drBQKCsrwz3qZXAvzJOG5di7MGCTUYvzITZvTZHfr6nZU12rM9-rY3ZYfcy6hiYb9wjkn3lz2oBl7RVqXKp-6oGOT0Pr6fE9lFg8wb-VA3NK1AczhR1GNt08SFgKaV_K1b6d9cFtY2_UUcwfLTFwuxsjGKsnapNkiP2jX0k_edU_xxvhDqtMft_4_IvU7tEnlcN0iGCB_JBRwbb533jLOGsZrk-2HbximwI_97tPzfUY0Py4S5T85toZdNv
Why are you using static strike instead of non-targeted skills like ice crash or cyclone? Isn't it annoying to click on monsters?
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
"
silentowl wrote:
I opted for this tree version, decent dps and 4 jewel slot for increase hp and resistance
I think i can hit 5.5k hp with good jewel

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAWGPG2IzPPfz2SF8_7w4UIFBH5FF5OX7iGj7p1QHnpzCezZ_LGJG8n_xLFE2E72EhGlU26HrvBS107drBQKCsrwz3qZXAvzJOG5di7MGCTUYvzITZvTZHfr6nZU12rM9-rY3ZYfcy6hiYb9wjkn3lz2oBl7RVqXKp-6oGOT0Pr6fE9lFg8wb-VA3NK1AczhR1GNt08SFgKaV_K1b6d9cFtY2_UUcwfLTFwuxsjGKsnapNkiP2jX0k_edU_xxvhDqtMft_4_IvU7tEnlcN0iGCB_JBRwbb533jLOGsZrk-2HbximwI_97tPzfUY0Py4S5T85toZdNv

Quite good version. The only thing I could point out is the lack of endurance charges but it's a fair trade-off. Unfortunately there is a finite number of points to be allocated :P
"
MatrixFactor wrote:
Why are you using static strike instead of non-targeted skills like ice crash or cyclone? Isn't it annoying to click on monsters?

Yeah it can be annoying sometimes, but multistrike auto-targeting and the high APS help a lot. Also the build is quite flexible, so nearly any melee attack skill could be used. I mainly prefer static strike because it fits the main purpose of this build: it's an allround skill. It has very high single target DPS with a bit of AoE as well. I find it very good for bossfights (usually they are the hardest content), although it's less than optimal for map clearing.
Hi MorgNThorg , is there any major changes to the build in 2.1 ? and do you have any plan on updating the guide ?

Thank you
"
joebond wrote:
Hi MorgNThorg , is there any major changes to the build in 2.1 ? and do you have any plan on updating the guide ?

Thank you

Second!
Hello guys!

I will sure update the guide for 2.1 when I'll have the time to do it properly.

At first sight the following things can affect the build:
- lower cost of static strike (and other melee attacks) - much easier sustain
- 20% increased stun threshold (warrior's blood) - indifferent with unwavering stance
- vitality void cluster added to the duelist area of the tree

The last one can be important, but I'll have to test if it's worth taking. The build with the 2.0 setup is still good, however if we spec into this attack leech cluster at the cost of some damage nodes we can swap the life leech gem for a dps one. I'll check later how's the difference. An example passive tree can be like this (dropped strong arm and retaliation). Or the jewel socket near RT can be dropped (depends on how good jewels one have).
Last edited by MorgNThorg on Dec 12, 2015, 5:19:44 PM
Build in 2.2 is stronger than ever

Last edited by Svartiis on Mar 13, 2016, 8:29:34 PM
is this still a viable build? and if so is there an updated passive tree on it?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info