[2.2] MorgNThorg's level 100 all rounder melee berserker - uber / core / grandmaster map capable

Added a low budget section and two bosskill videos.
The village ruin and dominus runs were impressive. What is enabling you to tank Stonebeak's shots? The high armor, coil's mitigation and the unwavering stance node? My aegis-block cycloner has little trouble with Gnar, but frequently runs into trouble with the former. In fact got killed today in a map with similar mods to the ones from your vid. Locked in place from his vaal ROA and poisoned to death even though I have around 30% chaos res.
Last edited by Quixote77 on Aug 2, 2015, 9:35:18 AM
"
Quixote77 wrote:
The village ruin and dominus runs were impressive. What is enabling you to tank Stonebeak's shots? The high armor, coil's mitigation and the unwavering stance node? My aegis-block cycloner has little trouble with Gnar, but frequently runs into trouble with the former. In fact got killed today in a map with similar mods to the ones from your vid. Locked in place from his vaal ROA and poisoned to death even though I have around 30% chaos res.

Thanks! I think it's a combination of mitigation (mostly coil + taste of hate + end charges (however I was late a bit when refrehing them and lost a few in the middle of the fight)) and the ability to constantly leech due to unwavering stance.

Also armor is much more effective if you pop taste of hate and use coil, because it's checked against only the 30% of the original hit (40% if non legacy coil), the abyssus multiplier is applied at the end (as far as I know).
"
MorgNThorg wrote:
"
Quixote77 wrote:

Thanks! I think it's a combination of mitigation (mostly coil + taste of hate + end charges (however I was late a bit when refrehing them and lost a few in the middle of the fight)) and the ability to constantly leech due to unwavering stance.

Also armor is much more effective if you pop taste of hate and use coil, because it's checked against only the 30% of the original hit (40% if non legacy coil), the abyssus multiplier is applied at the end (as far as I know).

I'll probably be getting more armor nodes then (likely faith and steel and unyielding since I'm already there in my tree). I got only around 10k -- and this is with determination! A taste of hate too for the extra mitigation/damage boost. Cyclone seems problematic for me against bosses like Stonebeak and Dominus since I frequently get stuck on the animation, delaying me for that crucial second to move out of their big attacks.

Re my duelist based on your guide:

I managed to 6-link my daresso's and my duelist is using it now, ditching the previous astral and is the tankier for it. But I had to ditch mana and rely on the blood magic gem because leech was an issue. I'll continue with this setup till I'm a few more levels where I'll get similar jewels to your warbands build to sustain my mana.
Last edited by Quixote77 on Aug 2, 2015, 10:33:50 AM
Just curious, how important do you think chaos resistances are for mapping? I notice that the cock's PA didn't do that much damage relative to your life pool. Do you use an Atziri flask for that boss in particular?

Also, how do you deal with DD situations, like Bameth?
"
Quixote77 wrote:
I'll probably be getting more armor nodes then (likely faith and steel and unyielding since I'm already there in my tree). I got only around 10k -- and this is with determination! A taste of hate too for the extra mitigation/damage boost. Cyclone seems problematic for me against bosses like Stonebeak and Dominus since I frequently get stuck on the animation, delaying me for that crucial second to move out of their big attacks.

Re my duelist based on your guide:

I managed to 6-link my daresso's and my duelist is using it now, ditching the previous astral and is the tankier for it. But I had to ditch mana and rely on the blood magic gem because leech was an issue. I'll continue with this setup till I'm a few more levels where I'll get similar jewels to your warbands build to sustain my mana.

Gratz on the 6L! Daresso's can be an interesting alternative, but don't you loose the charges often by getting hit? Or having high block chance and freezing by crit prevents this effect?

I also tried out cyclone every now and then but never really liked it. Maybe it's just a matter of taste.

"
bluegray wrote:
Just curious, how important do you think chaos resistances are for mapping? I notice that the cock's PA didn't do that much damage relative to your life pool. Do you use an Atziri flask for that boss in particular?

Also, how do you deal with DD situations, like Bameth?

This is a thing that I've been thinking about a bit. Before I switched to coil I was running with capped or nearly capped chaos resist. After the change I decided to completely negligate it, because there are already too much stats to be stacked on my few rare slots. As far as I can tell, it can be dealt with if you have high life pool and strong leech, but it's definately dangerous. I didn't have any other source of chaos res on the village ruin video than the 9% on my belt. Jewels offer a good place to get some on them (39% max on the three slots I have in my tree) and I would definately switch them in for some fights. (For example the grand master map, core Maligaro or pvp.)

Mass DD or things like that can be dangerous. As with aegis builds, the most dangerous things are single big hits, that's why I always carry 3 pots for all three elements. The +10 max rez is usually more enough for these situations (also taste of hate + topaz flask for phys hits). I can basically facetank all unique beyond monsters (including abaxoth, but I didn't met him in 2.0 yet).
"
MorgNThorg wrote:

Gratz on the 6L! Daresso's can be an interesting alternative, but don't you loose the charges often by getting hit? Or having high block chance and freezing by crit prevents this effect?

I also tried out cyclone every now and then but never really liked it. Maybe it's just a matter of taste.

I thought it'd be problematic as well before trying on the chest for size. I lose the charges fairly often enough (and gained onslaught) but build them up quickly at the same time from mowing down the mobs. The true test would be duplicating this in higher maps. In the longer run I'll most likely switch to your coil-strides-aegis setup -- seems much more efficient.

"
MorgNThorg wrote:

This is a thing that I've been thinking about a bit. Before I switched to coil I was running with capped or nearly capped chaos resist. After the change I decided to completely negligate it, because there are already too much stats to be stacked on my few rare slots. As far as I can tell, it can be dealt with if you have high life pool and strong leech, but it's definately dangerous. I didn't have any other source of chaos res on the village ruin video than the 9% on my belt. Jewels offer a good place to get some on them (39% max on the three slots I have in my tree) and I would definately switch them in for some fights. (For example the grand master map, core Maligaro or pvp.)

Mass DD or things like that can be dangerous. As with aegis builds, the most dangerous things are single big hits, that's why I always carry 3 pots for all three elements. The +10 max rez is usually more enough for these situations (also taste of hate + topaz flask for phys hits). I can basically facetank all unique beyond monsters (including abaxoth, but I didn't met him in 2.0 yet).

Same thinking too with my templar. Had 60% chaos resist before 2.0 to comfortably run blood rage in all map conditions. Now I've dropped some res to get more armor (thought it's still in the positive) and facetanking beyond crowds pose little trouble. Which is why I was likely surprised by how much damage I took from Stonebeak's PA (and how much you could shrug them off with negative chaos res).
Last edited by Quixote77 on Aug 3, 2015, 8:24:30 PM
Hi MorgNThorg

Great guide! I'm considering this build but am confused about your stats. How do you have 507% crit multi? From my count from the abyssus and sol barb and passives from tree it only comes to around 240??
"
kurOsawa79 wrote:
Hi MorgNThorg

Great guide! I'm considering this build but am confused about your stats. How do you have 507% crit multi? From my count from the abyssus and sol barb and passives from tree it only comes to around 240??

Thanks! The crit multiplier is calculated like this (as far as I know): your basde crit multiplier is 150%. All your increased critical mutiplier stat's increase this vale, for example with 10% increase you'll end up with 165% crit multiplier. So with 240% increase you'll end up with 150*3.4 = 510%.
Respecced a bit after today's buff on some mara nodes. I updated the passive tree in the OP from this to this.

- specced out from deadly dilettante cluster
- specced out from razor's edge cluster
- specced into strong arm
- took the other mara starting node
- took the jewel socket above resolute technique
- took the precision notable near the templar start

With a good jewel this change improved the charecter in nearly every aspect (+life, +dps and some smaller benefits (move speed, accuracy, all res, armour)) but I lost the 5% bleed chance.
Last edited by MorgNThorg on Sep 3, 2015, 3:18:06 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info