1.3.1b Patch Notes

is fun reading the passive-aggressive anger comments over the flameblast balance
While I don't have a flameblast build, I find myself ever-more depressed by the endless nerfing.

Is there something resembling sanity behind it all?

Oh, and a point to start with: OF COURSE some peeps had their builds killed (i.e. became un-viable) due to this nerf! Just who the hell do you think you are bullshitting??

Anyways.

Consider this: at present, I'm trying to level an ice-nova build - or to be more exact, a variant of it. Why a variant? Well, I do not have equipment pieces, MOST OF THEM with 4~5 T1, T2 mods relevant for the SPECIFIC build.
Looking at my char, and the one in the build, I'm struck by the difference: if I am very, very lucky, I might reach 2/3 of the dps. But I doubt it - more like less than 3/5. And my gems/equips are not crap!
Shrug. No matter what, I will never be facing Atziri with it.

Now, I can imagine that there are lots of people out there, with very many very good items. So if they decide to follow some build, they can do it very well: LEGO still rules.

Good for them. Really. (It means if you get really good stuff (and I do NOT mean 6x T1 mirror bullshit), then you can get a really good char. Yay!)

Then, of course, the dude(s) goes and kills Atziri. Over and over and over again.

So: "NERF THAT DAMNED OP SKILL! GROWL!!"

Except its not really the SKILL, now is it? (And just how many dead chars, with their equips, do these people have? Just how RARE are the needed equips, really?)

Is this kind of thing considered when making these ENDLESS nerf-it decisions? Is it?

Dammit, man! If ice-nova has "oh, you know, like 20% damage removed, 'cause, you know, some peeps where having it too easy", THEN MY BUILD WILL BE DEAD.
(My most powerful char is an SRS. But the same applies: its not LL, because I do not have the equips. But it is still not that bad. The bigger Bosses? No way. Atziri? Ha ha! You so funny! So. If SRS is nerfed, again? AND AGAIN?)

Note that this char is using partial equips from another char THAT WAS NERFED TO DEATH...

Sigh.
Its all expected, I guess. As with any Group that grows in size, its evils grow in tandem.
And its people become ever more fucked in the head.
But what can you do, heh? The investments already made become an anchor - I swear, I so want to leave this game behind right now, that it BURNS...
But. Whatever. At some point the sheer growing hatred for GGG will exceed those things that hold me here. Thats also just the way it is.

PS: Nice one on the text-code - made a very large difference for me! Good work! (Also REALLY liked the equilibrium graphic from before.) But - will it matter comes the next nerf (sorry, "patch")? Or the next?

Meh.
IGN: AngelicWitchy - CET+2
"
OneLyc wrote:
does the damage reduction of flameblast affect atziris flameblast?

This^^
IGN: _Johnny_Blaze_
"
Waves_blade wrote:
Does that flameblast nerf also weaken Atziri's omega flameblast clusterclux?

well.. fucking answer already... 17 pages come on!
IGN: _Johnny_Blaze_
About time on the text rendering!

That was such a ridiculously dumb thing that one should lose such significant amounts of FPS on.
"
"
Waves_blade wrote:
Does that flameblast nerf also weaken Atziri's omega flameblast clusterclux?

well.. fucking answer already... 17 pages come on!

I guess we'll need someone from Reddit to test it, as always...
https://www.youtube.com/user/DaidelosGaming/featured
"
Byrr wrote:
"
GGG_Neon wrote:
[li]Reduced the damage of Flameblast by 20%. While this is a substantial reduction, Flameblast is still the most effective way to apply burst fire damage. This change will require players to put themselves at slightly more risk by casting it for longer. We’ll assess how this change affects use of the skill for levelling and in end-game situations. The skill is still very powerful and this reduction certainly isn’t breaking any builds.[/li]

So when the new leagues came out there was a big clamor for a flameblast nerf and we were given a rather dismissive answer from Chris saying that internal testing showed flastblast was at a good place and didnt need a nerf. I guess my question is, whats changed since then?
Has anyone else been getting any weird visual artifacts since this patch came out? It's happened twice to me so far, when I've been playing, a whole lot of stuff just stops getting drawn properly on the screen and is replaced by flickering images and visual garbage. If I exit the game and log in again it looks fine again, but I have to alt-f4 exit because when I press escape the menu isn't visible...
My FB! :(
The nerf could only apply to the 5/7 charges, after that there shouldn't be any modifications to the spell damage. I think the spell damage should remain the same after 5 or 7 charges, IMO.

Buff the Flamesurge by the way, it sucks so bad at the moment...
"
GodlyMe wrote:
"
GGG_Neon wrote:
Version 1.3.1b

Balance:
  • Reduced the damage of Flameblast by 20%. While this is a substantial reduction, Flameblast is still the most effective way to apply burst fire damage. This change will require players to put themselves at slightly more risk by casting it for longer. We’ll assess how this change affects use of the skill for levelling and in end-game situations. The skill is still very powerful and this reduction certainly isn’t breaking any builds.

I'm sorry, what?

You're implementing things in the game without testing them? Letting us be the guinea pigs? I thought beta was over?

All sarcasm aside, your post implies you're not bothering to test things before you throw them into the game. :/

There is a community of people who test patches before they go out. It's a small group, though, and oftentimes (as with all online games) changes that seem fine to that group will prove problematic to people in a wider sample.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info