1.3.1b Patch Notes

First, the devs have proven time and again they're not stupid. If they decided to nerf FB mid-season it's probably because they've noticed a higher than usual number of builds centered around it.

Second, the unusual silence around questions about Atziri can only mean one thing: she has not been nerfed.

Incidentally, this is one of the reasons I don't like investing time trying to create powerful builds: whenever you come up with something worthwhile, there's always a patch saying "umm, well, we didn't intend to let you do that, so from now on you can't".
"
bug77 wrote:
First, the devs have proven time and again they're not stupid. If they decided to nerf FB mid-season it's probably because they've noticed a higher than usual number of builds centered around it.

Second, the unusual silence around questions about Atziri can only mean one thing: she has not been nerfed.

Incidentally, this is one of the reasons I don't like investing time trying to create powerful builds: whenever you come up with something worthwhile, there's always a patch saying "umm, well, we didn't intend to let you do that, so from now on you can't".

I think there is no reason to believe that Atziri's flameblast is nerfed. It's not like Atziri uses the exact flameblast gems as the players anyway.

About your last comment, yes that's how I feel too, as I said in my previous comment, i think the philosophy is, if you are going to play the build for a few months and enjoy it during that time go for it, but don't except to complete an expensive build in a year for example. Because many things can change.

Having said that I have tried my flameblast burning build and sure the damage dropped a bit but it is still very good. But they might decide to nerf flameblast more in the new leagues.
Nice, now prolif itself isn't going to get nerfed.
Old april 2012 account got stolen
What if instead of a 20% overall nerf you had done it where it started at 20% nerf at lv 1 and worked down to a 5% nerf at lv 20. From my experience at lower levels nothing compared to the clear speed of Flameblast, but once you made it into maps your effectiveness in party scaled downward fairly quickly. The problem being the charge time vs damage. This nerf is destroying a build that is party viable, is the nerf warranted yes. Was it overdone yes. Is there better options to scale things in ways that can balance problems without destroying fun yes. Besides at 90+ and coming close to perfect gear every well made build should be able to faceroll 90-95% of maps and struggle timing wise with bosses that are direct counters to their build.

Just my 2 cents from a couple of million hrs of gameplay in many different genera of games. Fear of something OP in one or two instances of min/maxing kills games and I will tall you how. It is something GGG talked about wanting to avoid in development, it creates a Cookie cutter build based game and I know you guys want to avoid that. So if you nerf something based on 2-3 items being combined together with 2-3 passive clusters then you make that the Cookie Cutter base of 99% of builds using that skill (because you can lowlife anything and it works). This destroys defensive variations if you are pigeonholed into particular offensive nodes because now you must work to select only things around where you are at instead of spreading thinner to try more advanced or variable defensive mechanics. Arc has as many build variations as there is fish in the sea because you can trade some clear speed to reach further nodes while not killing your ability to have fun.

I hope you will take the time to consider what I said without thinking it is a rant of an angry FB user. I have seen you guys nerf builds into non-existence over and over because of 1-2 OP variants of builds that require the currency of one of the 1% without thinking much about the 99% that would like to play with that skill without having to sell their soul to your game and give up on being able to accomplish other things with their lives.
Last edited by DarkHeart69 on Feb 14, 2015, 3:01:01 PM
"
DarkHeart69 wrote:
What if instead of a 20% overall nerf you had done it where it started at 20% nerf at lv 1 and worked down to a 5% nerf at lv 20. From my experience at lower levels nothing compared to the clear speed of Flameblast, but once you made it into maps your effectiveness in party scaled downward fairly quickly. The problem being the charge time vs damage. This nerf is destroying a build that is party viable, is the nerf warranted yes. Was it overdone yes. Is there better options to scale things in ways that can balance problems without destroying fun yes. Besides at 90+ and coming close to perfect gear every well made build should be able to faceroll 90-95% of maps and struggle timing wise with bosses that are direct counters to their build.

Just my 2 cents from a couple of million hrs of gameplay in many different genera of games. Fear of something OP in one or two instances of min/maxing kills games and I will tall you how. It is something GGG talked about wanting to avoid in development, it creates a Cookie cutter build based game and I know you guys want to avoid that. So if you nerf something based on 2-3 items being combined together with 2-3 passive clusters then you make that the Cookie Cutter base of 99% of builds using that skill (because you can lowlife anything and it works). This destroys defensive variations if you are pigeonholed into particular offensive nodes because now you must work to select only things around where you are at instead of spreading thinner to try more advanced or variable defensive mechanics. Arc has as many build variations as there is fish in the sea because you can trade some clear speed to reach further nodes while not killing your ability to have fun.

I hope you will take the time to consider what I said without thinking it is a rant of an angry FB user. I have seen you guys nerf builds into non-existence over and over because of 1-2 OP variants of builds that require the currency of one of the 1% without thinking much about the 99% that would like to play with that skill without having to sell their soul to your game and give up on being able to accomplish other things with their lives.

so true...
I found the solution: uninstall POE
was fameblast op?

i dunno why not ask the 90% of players that use it to level.
Never tried flameblast builds. But with the nerf, thankfully, I don't even have to bother.
This is an excellent way of dissuading people to try out new things.
Vote +1 to change Path of Exile to Path of Nerfs.
We hate to say, but ProjectPT was right.
"
"
GodlyMe wrote:
"
GGG_Neon wrote:
Version 1.3.1b

Balance:
  • Reduced the damage of Flameblast by 20%. While this is a substantial reduction, Flameblast is still the most effective way to apply burst fire damage. This change will require players to put themselves at slightly more risk by casting it for longer. We’ll assess how this change affects use of the skill for levelling and in end-game situations. The skill is still very powerful and this reduction certainly isn’t breaking any builds.

I'm sorry, what?

You're implementing things in the game without testing them? Letting us be the guinea pigs? I thought beta was over?

All sarcasm aside, your post implies you're not bothering to test things before you throw them into the game. :/
+1

Im pretty sure they tested it, but still need more data from a representative amount of players. Guess its impossible for a few testers to rebuild every single combination of items, builds and player behavior. ;)

"
Hyskoa wrote:
Never tried flameblast builds. But with the nerf, thankfully, I don't even have to bother.
This is an excellent way of dissuading people to try out new things.

And imho this IS an excellent way of forcing people to try out new things. They are weakening the cookiecutter leveling flameblast giving more viable options to try. And they are not even breaking the skill...

IGN: Emwega
Last edited by otacon87 on Feb 15, 2015, 11:38:10 PM
"
NoLifeNiffler wrote:
Well flameblast nerf will definitly balance the early a bit more, but as soon as you get the proliferation going its all the same again.

Enjoy some oneshots:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CC-o-qlq6t8&list=UUnOu9mwc-xmbA4_d7k414YQ

obviously they need to modify the way burning damage is applied. As shown in the video, the burning damage is proportional to the total fire damage dealt in 1 hit. So something like Flameblast burning just destroys everything. However, burning damage is totally damn irrelevant for Firestorm and physical attacks with herald of fire or added fire damage crits.

The fire damage is literally less than the life regen of the monster when I use firestorm. Obviously I can invest points into burning damage but 50% more of nothing is still nothing.

And it's a shame because I already have 2 gg characters that cause burning "damage"
I will rip the eyes from your head with glee
Last edited by StrangeObject on Feb 16, 2015, 7:25:22 AM
My only issue with flameblast is the stupid exile 1 shotting me for over 4.5khp at 75%resists, with an improperly telegraphed ability. I dont use flameblast, so go ahead, nerf it, nerf it till no one uses it anymore. good for you and good for me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info