Tips / FAQ for new players

"
grabi wrote:
I have question about bows. I think i'll play duelist after 0,9,3. Character description says he's master of arms and could use dual weapons, shields, 2h and bows. And my question is. What strength weapon passives apply to bows? Increased physical dmg i know, but 2h weapon passives work with bows? For me its 2h weapon.

I think all of the red passives say "melee" somewhere in the description. For instance the two-hand weapons passives say "Increased physical damage dealt by two-hand melee weapons".

So these will not work with bows.

But, there are still a lot of useful strength passives for a bow user - +life, stun duration, reduced stun threshold, knockback on critical, etc.
Hey all, thanks for the tips I JUST won my key so looking forward to getting stuck in and trying to break PoE :) Going to be a long few hours at work...:'(
very informative & clear.

going to read the in depth FAQ.

thanks Malice & everybody's contributing with good questions/explanations
"i'm the French Saigneur ! Fight for your life stupid MOBs !"

Post to ask for a Key is like a Baby crying for his baby bottle.
Totally infantile, it's late, go to bed kids.
Just woke up and saw i got in beta

Thanks Malice & everyone els for the post makes it a bit easyer
Is there a quests list somewhere ? Knowing my luck I could miss some (almost missed allflame quest in act1).

Thanks
Roses are red.
Violets are blue.
I'm a shizophrenic.
And so am I.
im building ice witch with critical chance..is it viable ?what spells should i aim for ? now im using zombies and spectre,frost nowa,ice spear, and ranged aoe ice nuke
Thank you this will come in handy.
"
Any tips on the use of scrolls? Where and when to be scrupulous with equipment? I really was expecting to have some other form of currency.

For the first little while, identify only things that you think you might use. After that, do whatever you like because before long you will have tons of scrolls.

"
It really makes garbage loot garbage.
(I wish I could disassemble them and get some sort of crafting metal or leather chips/ect.)

Eventually NPCs will be added that will buy certain items from you.
Whats the difference between arrows and projectiles?

I understand that if i add Multiple Projectiles gem to for example Double Strike it increases the number of arrows being shot.

But what if i add it to Ice Spear? Same effect?

So projectile goes for both magic spells and arrows? Same for the passive skill Projectile Damage?
silvos, you are correct.

Add Multiple Projectiles to Fireball, and you get a spell that shoots multiple fireballs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info