Tips / FAQ for new players

Thank you so much for this starter guide everyone, very helpful to all :)
"
Griphus wrote:
Hi folks,

I did a search for this but couldn't find a response newer than August of last year... is max party size 6?

Thanks!
Timothy

Yes, it's still 6
small tip: it's better to drink your flask alternatively instead of fully emptying one before drinking the other. When monsters are killed, all flasks get filled a bit more.
"
hideosensei wrote:
No editing function :/

Edit is there! I have always an "E" button right beside the "Q" and "PM" ones on my posts after sending? Maybe you have to reload the page to see it?
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
Just got my key, this will certainly be useful.

Thanks
Hi everyone!!

can anybody explain why you need to manually upgrade gems?
Isn't it more logic if this is done automatically? I mean you'll always want to upgrade them, no? So why do i have to click it myself, isn't that an unnecessary step?

thanks
"
hadoryuken wrote:
can anybody explain why you need to manually upgrade gems?
Isn't it more logic if this is done automatically? I mean you'll always want to upgrade them, no?
No, people won't always want to upgrade gems. They might want to keep them at a lower level to keep the mana cost down, or so they can swap that gem to another character which might not have enough stats to use a leveled one, or because some of their stats come from items and if they level the gem then it's requirements will be higher than their base stats, meaning they couldn't use the leveled gem if they replaced those items with others which didn't give stats.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
... or because some of their stats come from items and if they level the gem then it's requirements will be higher than their base stats, meaning they couldn't use the leveled gem if they replaced those items with others which didn't give stats.

Now that you mention this, is/will it possible to view one's core attributes minus mods from equipment?
Last edited by Britannicus on Feb 26, 2012, 8:24:41 PM
Quick question:

Attributes
All classes gain 1 of each attribute per level.
Attributes are required to equip gear and skills. The three attributes also grant some passive bonuses:
Strength grants +0.5 life and +0.2% melee physical damage per point
Dexterity grants +2 accuracy and +0.2% evasion per point
Intelligence grants +0.5 mana and +0.2% energy shield per point

this is taken from the indepth FAQ:
is there a point where you stop gaining the 1 point to each attribute? Because I hand't really been keeping track to much of my stats until one of my gems I could no longer level due to being short 1 strenght point. Now 6 levels later I still can not level the gem because I'm still 1 strenght point shy.
Luke: Sorry we have to leave you here, but it just ain't right to eat your wife's and daughter's brains. Plus you're really disgusting and I don't want to spend anymore time with you.
Having now played the game I can say this guide is incredibly useful.

One potential addition (couldn't see it in the OP but apologies if it's been mentioned already):

You can level up skill gems on your inventory pane (you'll notice gems appear at the bottom of the pane, you need to click them to level them).

I just know this took me about 15 minutes to figure out (perhaps I'm stupid!).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info