Tips / FAQ for new players

Following extract quotes the PM I received along with a beta-testing invitation:
Spoiler

Do these 'terms of use' apply for the (hidden) beta-forums as well?
I'd like to give feedback without violating any disclosure arrangements.

Thanks for clarification :)

edit: may be trivial
[The Prison] Crawl a text-based dungeon - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/26299
Last edited by Azhubham on Jan 18, 2012, 3:35:48 PM
"
Azhubham wrote:
Do these 'terms of use' apply for the (hidden) beta-forums as well?

No
Thx for FAQ. Testing...
Class for begginers??
Thanks for this very helpful FAQ.
Last edited by KaladinMartin on Feb 11, 2012, 11:22:35 AM
I just got a Beta Key today, and I can't find any information about a few stuffs so I will ask here, hope it's the right thread !

Can someone explain to me how you gain and how Endurance/Frenzy/Power Charges works ?!

I took a close look on the Passive Skill Tree, but ... how you get the actual skills in the game ?
I plan going a Templar with 1h+Shield, melee, buffs and some Lighting/Cold skills ... but can't find any info about this stuffs.

Also besides the look and the position on the Passive Skill Tree ... what other differences are between the Classes ? Can't find any info about this stuff either.
Long Live the Templars !!!!
There are certain skill gems (such as enduring cry, power siphon, frenzy) that give charges as part of their function. Use the menu to the left to see descriptions of all the skill gems.

There are also some passives that grant charges, such as "Add Power Charge on Minion Death"

There's some info about the numbers involved in this post:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/11707/page/1/#p216024

edit: the only other difference between the classes is the amount of each attribute they start with.
Last edited by Malice on Feb 13, 2012, 9:06:52 PM
I just found out how to reset an area you want to clear again thanks to a stream and in-game chat, CTRL+Left click. Just thought it might be a nice addition to the FAQ.
Hi folks,

I did a search for this but couldn't find a response newer than August of last year... is max party size 6?

Thanks!
Timothy
5 white items => 1 scroll of wisdom
20 unidentified blue items or ~7 unidentified gold items => 1 orb of transmutation => 4 scroll of wisdom
20 identified blue items or ~7 identified gold items => 1 orb of alteration
3 scrolls of wisdom <=> 1 portal scroll

So that means portal scrolls are expensive. And if you manage to fill your iventory to the max with 6*4inv_slots white items and 6*6inv_slots white items. You can sell the whole inv for 1 portal scroll..

The only win is if you fill you inventory with wand (1x3 inv_slots) and cap/shield/... (2x2 inv_slots) that would make 18 items = 3.6 scrolls of wisdom = 1.2 portal scroll... not very profitable.
No editing function :/

I made a mistake, it is worst than that:

So that means portal scrolls are expensive. And if you manage to fill your iventory to the max with 6*4inv_slots white items and 6*6inv_slots white items. You can sell the whole inv for 2.4 portals scroll which doesn't even give a portal scroll...

Discuss here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/19401/page/1
Last edited by hideosensei on Feb 16, 2012, 5:52:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info